Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    That's the issue , we do not know when this magnificent game will be released (like you i hope it is Q2 ) but until we hear something there will be no Hype except that of which we generate ourselves LOL
    EXACTLY! No release date.... Of course there's no hype... Thread closed haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Silza View Post
    DAoC doesn't!

And I heard LotR has a pretty decent comm also. Cannot confirm that though.
    Most of the time the quality of the community lies in the eyes of the beholder.

In my experience the WoW community is one of the most mature and friendly communities, because that's what I see most of the time. If I want to see the ugly parts and judge the community based on that, every community with a size beyond a certain threshold will be bad. Small communities have a benefit here since they feel more personal and people feel compelled to act friendly because of that, you're all "part of the club" so to say.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they're not paying for any advertisement because they realize and understand the power of free publicity via word of mouth. If they just let their fan base do the advertising, they can some thousands on internet and TV spots.

With the quite large amount of info out there...it's fine to hype a little. And here's some from reputable sources:
    From Anet's page - http://www.arena.net/blog/link-round...awards-edition

And some of them:
    http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/guild-wars-2-preview-4/
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...ostPageIndex=3 this is the MMO to beat next year
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/12...f-2011-awards/ Most Anticipated for 2012
    Last edited by Squirrelbanes; 2012-01-16 at 03:13 AM.

Deleted
    I don't remember hype about vanilla when it was released, just some mates on d2 said to try it.

But I think with the amount of previewing done through youtube now and other sites it's a lot easier to hear about GW2. Arenanet in my opinion isn't in the position to advertise this game in the way other franchise do, so word of mouth will be important, and with the way the game's looking there's going to be a lot of talk.

10+ Year Old Account
    While it has been getting glowing comments from the media, articles relating to Guild Wars 2 have been few and far between. This is especially notable when compared to all the attention that's been focused on SWTOR for the last six months.

Guild Wars 2 has been going under the radar for most people. While those that have actually looked into it are generally interested, I don't think ArenaNet would be satisfied with just those players. They're going to have to ramp up the publicity, and I expect they will once they've worked out a release date.

With the climax of SWTOR expectations behind us and a release date established, people will be more willing to take a look at what GW2 will have to offer. It doesn't take long to get that kind of attention, either: RIFT seemingly came out of nowhere a mere 2-3 months before its release. A short time frame might even be ideal, considering people saying they're losing interest in GW2 from waiting so long aren't uncommon. There's no need to build and maintain a high level of hype over many months before release, they only need people to buy the game on or after release.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Zed View Post
    Guild Wars 2 has been going under the radar for most people.
    It's the quiet ones you have to watch
    I think Anet have been great in the small of marketing they've done, as with the recent G-Star. We'll prob see an explosion of advertising...when they're good and ready.

I would guess, with have long the game has been in development, the hype has died down to a more quiet anticipation from the community.

Of course, it's expected to blow up when we see a release date

The hype and info usually dries up during the wintertime.
    It'll kick up once open beta and/or released announced.

I love all these people saying that Sw:tor is a fail. I think it's perfectly fine. A few bugs here and there, but I would LOVE for you to name an mmo that didn't have bugs.

OT: I could care less for GW2. not my style. I like endgame content, and this has none of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheanix712 View Post
    I love all these people saying that Sw:tor is a fail. I think it's perfectly fine. A few bugs here and there, but I would LOVE for you to name an mmo that didn't have bugs.

OT: I could care less for GW2. not my style. I like endgame content, and this has none of it.
    Why is it that everyone thinks endgame content= raids and gear?

Cause endgame content is raids?

a world boss every now and then isn't raiding to me. and that's what I like to do in mmo's... commence the "opinion flame war"

a world boss every now and then isn't raiding to me. and that's what I like to do in mmo's... commence the "opinion flame war"
    You're welcome to your opinion and if you prefer raiding, that's great, this game probably won't be for you. But saying that raiding is the only form of end game content is incorrect. Smaller dungeons can be end game content, epic quest chains (think EQ mythic quest chains ect), PvP ect. can all be considered end game content. And that's assuming there is a difference between end game content and the rest of the content. If there is no significant difference (think about most single player RPG's you've played, they don't dramatically change at the end of the game), then end game isn't even an applicable concept.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    Dont forget... Athene "supports" Guild Wars 2 -.-U.
    i did not know this so i looked it up. for anyone interested here is where he got the info from:

some people dislike SWTOR for more reasons than just the bugs, but if they don't like it who cares it's their time and money afterall.

well besides being completely incorrect about what i quoted you saying in the bold text, what you should have said is that is does not have WoW's endgame, because you know "endgame" content is not standardized and all.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Deleted
    It has no raids, it has plenty of end game content.

Except for WvWvW PvP, and Explorable Dungeons, and Dynamic Events, and Structured PvP and a sweet crafting system (yes, some people like to spend time crafting and learning new recipes). There are plenty of things to do at max level, and in fact you don't have to be max level to do most of them with the side kick system. You can do most of these things starting at level 2. That boring grind from 1-85 is gone and now you can do what you enjoy doing to level up instead of just going from exclamation point to exclamation point for 160 hours.

If 25 man heroic raiding is the only thing you enjoy in MMOs then you probably will not enjoy GW2. But, you might also find something else that you didn't even know you enjoyed. That's about all I have to add here.

@Odeezee: More from here (1st heard of him having interest - Im subbed to GuildWarsCommunity) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQbKEgvYWyc

Quote Originally Posted by Silza View Post
    I'm glad there is not such a big hype. Hyping a game to much most likely leads to higher expectations or even expectations that are to high. When WoW came out and shortly before launch, they didn't have no commercial or anything like that either. At least I cannot remember any sort of hype/commercial for WoW. Word of mouth is actually the best commercial you can get. They should just leave it as it is atm and let it get known for being good and not through overhyping it.
    The game is already hailed as the messiah of MMOs. How much more hype does it need? ._.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    The game is already hailed as the messiah of MMOs. How much more hype does it need? ._.
    Where is that said? Aside from a few zealous fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Instanced, is a bad word for me in MMOs now. WoW brought phased, GW1 brought instanced everything, SWTOR brought mostly instanced everything...

I just want a world to go fuck around in! Make friends, make enemies, kill monsters and have a good time...

Overthinking and looking at the bottom line is killing MMOs.