Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

[Music] Metal is dead.

Back in 2005-2006 I would find new bands every day , now im lucky if i can find a decent average band once every 3 months. Hell the new albums from previous good band are usually terrible.

Like in flames is a good example i mean i listen to it 5 times and got bored, lasted children of bodom album was good too more like 20 times but meh not great. Dream theater has been insanely crap since the last 2 i just gave up.

Last trivium album had 2 good songs.

Black Veil Brides 1st album was awesome and 2nd is a joke. Adept too

I was surprised by the awesomeness of Amon Amarth last album though.

I am so sick of trying to find band on youtube see there is 100 000 view and all it does is yell it completely hurt my ears and frustrate me.

Eh metal where are you.

Edit: forgot the tag but you can tell by the title name anyway.
    Last edited by RenegadeXan; 2012-01-15 at 04:40 AM.

70's-80's metal never gets old. New bands are in it for a quick buck.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have you tried Pandora Radio...? Or are you outside the states?

That's because hip hop and pop and rap are taking over!
    Good thing those are my favorite types of music

can't stand metal, all it sounds like to me is a bunch of angry people screaming and slamming on stuff.

Metal died in the 90's.

i really dislike the old metal from 70-80s.

There days it's hard to make a song sound original.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's because you should be listening to Watain and Wolves in the Throne Room.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

I kinda faded out from metal but still sometimes listen to Amon Armoth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats like saying the German people are all dead because they dont roam around the country side fighting Romans or invading Britain.

I bet there are thousands of bands you haven't heard of that are amazing and recorded everything a decade ago. I only just discovered Agalloch, all there good stuff is 10 years old, sounds brand new to me

ya i spend my day listening to trance /dance on winamp radios cause i cant listen to good metal, i miss the days i would listen to good metal band and all song would feel even more epic then the prior one.

Uhhhhh so much wrong with this thread. Metal is in as good a place as it's ever been. Just because you might not like what's out there doesn't mean "metal is dead".

metal is s*** that's why

Not srs. It's actually fairly interesting to listen to. This is coming from a guy that listens to pretty much everything

Metal is far from being dead. I suggest watching That Metal Show which you can see online for free, new episodes are uploaded each Monday and they usually talk about a new album each week.

How can you claim metal is dead when you listen to Amon Amarth, Trivium etc?
    Try rateyourmusic.com, look at the top rated albums, then check out the bands on youtube, that would be a place to start. There's plenty of great music out there are there are a few albums I'm really looking forward to next year (particularly Daylight Dies).

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Uhhhhh so much wrong with this thread. Metal is in as good a place as it's ever been. Just because you might not like what's out there doesn't mean "metal is dead".
    wonder what bands you listen to, i talk mostly of melodic death metal here.

---------- Post added 2012-01-14 at 11:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gash46 View Post
    How can you claim metal is dead when you listen to Amon Amarth, Trivium etc?
    Try rateyourmusic.com, look at the top rated albums, then check out the bands on youtube, that would be a place to start. There's plenty of great music out there are there are a few albums I'm really looking forward to next year (particularly Daylight Dies).
    i dont listen to trivium, because i dont like their new stuff, my point for saying its dead.

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeXan View Post
    wonder what bands you listen to, i talk mostly of melodic death metal here.
    I actually hardly listen to melodeath, but you didn't specify that in the OP.

Metal is alive and well. 2011 had some amazing releases. Sutur Rising (Amon Amarth). Agony (Fleshgod Apocalypse), Chaos of Forms (Revocation), Carnival is Forever (Decapitated). I would list more, but I am too lazy. So this will do.

Rateyourmusic.com's top Metal albums from 2000-2011.

Metal isn't even close to dead. You're listening to the wrong artists.