Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Many Buttons, Left Side, Handle Them!

Hi.

I'm an 85 Prot Warrior grinding heroics, and am getting very cluster-screwed with the amount of items and abilities on my bars, so I have a couple of questions.

I've made a couple of macros to cut down the space, but I wanted to know if they even approach sensible to cut down on my screen space:
    Code:
    /castsequence Enraged Regeneration, Gift of the Naaru, Last Stand
    (all off the GCD, all three minute cooldowns, tripleclick for regeneration)
    Code:
    /castsequence reset=3 Thunder Clap, Demoralising Shout
    (Both on the GCD, put up both debuffs with the shorter one first, bound to 5)
    *A generic Charge/Intercept/Intervene macro depending on target and not mouseover (bound to F2)
    Code:
    /cast Revenge (and Devastate)
    /cast Inner Rage
    /cast Cleave (and Heroic Strike)
    /script UIErrorsFrame:UnregisterEvent("UI_ERROR_MESSAGE")
    (a workaround for having two sets of effective GCDs, Revenge occasionally costs 35 Rage and deals extra damage, Devastate costs 50 rage and deals extra damage, Inner Rage on cooldown off the GCD to minimise rage-cap, Revenge bound to 2 and Devastate bound to 3)

I like the last macro. For Revenge:
    less than 5 rage it'll be blacked out,
    between 5 and 30 rage it'll cast Revenge,
    between 30 and 34 rage if it's not up it'll cast Cleave/HS, if it is up it'll cast Revenge,
    for 35 rage and above it'll cast Cleave/HS and Revenge if both are ready.

What I'm after (in addition to things like stancedancing Shattering Throw, etc. which I'll probably click and check the macro forum for) is a sensible macro for Taunt and Challenging Shout (bound to F1), somewhere to put Spell Reflect (when F3 is my Pummel button), but most of all the best abilities to put the Inner Rage/Heroic Strike (or Cleave) append on.

I'm now only happy to play my Warrior now that I can totally forget about having to manage my rage every [other] GCD and have a semi-often used ability cover it for me. I have MSBT shout at me when I cap rage so I can maximise my efficiency, and I still cap every so often (usually during AoE phases with Thunder Clap into Demo Shout into Shockwave before I can get a Revenge in).

So, halp? :3

Many thanks
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    I'll be honest: Don't use either of these macros. There are very few macros that actually make 100% sense. Whenever you macro something together with something else you sacrifice parts of your potential.

It may seem daunting at first but I can assure you it's a lot easier to simply bind everything seperately than spending hours upon planning, creating and learning your custom macros.

For instance, you don't always want to use Last Stand and Enraged Regeneration at the same time. Especially not since the introduction of Rallying Cry. Enraged Regeneration is on the GCD, btw.

Similarly, you sometimes want to use Demoralizing Shout but not Thunder Clap. Actually you never want to use them together other than when you just pulled a new mob.

Macroing Heroic Strike and Cleave to abilities has always seemed to be the most popular mistake by Warriors. Just don't do it. You're better off not using Heroic Strike or Cleave at all if you end up draining your rage and that will happen. Even if you add it to Revenge (which partly makes sense since it's usually only available in scenarios where you should have a lot of rage plus it's cheap), how would you then make the macro know if you want to Cleave or Heroic Strike? The only way for you to do that is by using a modifier key, and if you use modifier keys for this for two or more abilities, you could as well have seperate keybinds for Cleave and Heroic Strike.

Again, the best approach is to bind everything seperately.

Not to be completely negative, however, I'll say that there are a handful of macros that make a lot of sense or are efficient.

Code:
    #showtooltip Shield Block
    /cast Shield Block
    /cast [nomounted] Inner Rage

Macroing Inner Rage to Shield Block is reasonable, because they have similar CDs, both are abilities you commonly want to use on CD and your rage income is the highest when you use Shield Block which is also when Inner Rage is the best. Even this is not flawless if you want to maximize your potential.

Code:
    #showtooltip Shattering Throw
    /cast [stance:2]Battle Stance <---- disclaimer: I can't for my life remember if Defensive Stance is stance 2 or 3!
    /cast [stance:1]Shattering Throw
    /cast [stance:1]Defensive Stance

Stance changing macros are always handy. This macro takes you to Battle Stance at the first click, casts Shattering Throw on the second click and Defensive Stance on the third click. If you wish to experiment with a more advanced single target rotation you will want to involve going to Berserker Stance for Colossus Smash and Execute for times when you're not in aggro or when the targets swing timer is paused.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead,exists]Intervene
    /cast [mod:shift]Intercept;Charge

This isn't a case with abilities macroed together but rather similar abilities in the same macro to simplify keybinding and decrease the amount of visual buttons on the screen. It charges if you press it, intercept if you press it with shift as a modifier and it intervenes if your mouse is over any sort of friendly unit that isn't dead (in game, on the interface).

Following the same pattern as above with a macro simplifying keybinding and decreasing the amount of visual buttons, this here is the number one reason I like macros:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift]Rend;Devastate

This macro casts Devastate if you press the button and Rend if you pressed it with shift as a modifier. Simple as it may be, if you do this to all of your abilities you will cut the amount of visible buttons on the screen by half. And don't worry, if you select the question mark as icon for your macro the visible tooltip/button graphic will change. You won't even notice you have macros other than the buttons/tooltips changing when shift is pressed.

Hope this helped.

Deleted
    I use this simple macro too :

#showtooltip Heroic Strike
    /cast Heroic Strike

Casts Inner Rage as soon as you start using your HS (or Cleave obviously, if you replace HS by Cleave in the macro).
    It helps reducing the amount of bind on your action bar, and it also appears to be pretty reasonable since you won't go ahead and use HS or Cleave if you're rage starved in which case Inner Rage would be a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Mest View Post
    Code:
    /cast Shield Block
    Macroing IR with Shield block might also be intuitive but, there will be situations where you only want the Shield Block without the Inner Rage (or vice versa), which could result in a waste I think.

The IR+HS macro helps maximizing Inner Rage uptime and effectiveness, since as soon as you start using HS, it'll trigger it, or simply let it on cool down the rest of the time when you don't really need it, since you're not using HS or Cleave.

---------- Post added 2012-01-15 at 12:49 PM ----------

But then even this one isn't perfect... You might use your HS just at the end of a pack and trigger the IR without any mob to hit...
    So yes, as Mest said, I don't think there's a perfect macro, they help but that's it.
    Last edited by mmocd210ee9388; 2012-01-15 at 11:37 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    In addition to what has already been said; if the problem is that you are running out of keys to bind it may be worth getting used to using ESDF as movement keys instead of the more common WASD because you will be able to reach more keys easier. That should help with being able to bind more stuff if you're willing to put some time into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the responses. Please don't be offended if I refuse agree on some points: the reason I've found playing my Warrior much more managable is because I don't have to deal with a mechanic that deals DPS and requires me to have two sets of GCDs going off in my head. This character is looking at LFR for the endgame, so perfect play isn't the aim for this character (if it's at all possible), just enough DPS to hold aggro and sensible use of cooldowns.

I'll be honest: Don't use either of these macros. There are very few macros that actually make 100% sense. Whenever you macro something together with something else you sacrifice parts of your potential.
    Going from either sitting ragecapped and ignoring the dumping tools or feeling like I need to take speed in order to play my Warrior to dealing extra DPS on some swings whilst having only one noticable GCD is definitely an improvement in my gameplay (either in game or personally), even if it is a reduction of my potential. I don't have the brain power for two GCD sets and 85 levels have only set this in stone.

For instance, you don't always want to use Last Stand and Enraged Regeneration at the same time. Especially not since the introduction of Rallying Cry. Enraged Regeneration is on the GCD, btw.
    It is indeed, apologies. It was in the middle of the macro but I encountered problems when I didn't have a non-Vengeance Enrage effect up and Berserker Rage was on cooldown. Also, it may seem selfish, but other Warriors get Rallying Cry and Prot Warriors spec into a more effective personal HP-increasing ability, such that every time you press Rallying Cry you just negated having spent a talent point somewhere for three minutes. Moving that point to max out Drums of War or any other sensible point in the Prot tree would be more effective during those three minutes. Even 1/2 Impending Victory.

Similarly, you sometimes want to use Demoralizing Shout but not Thunder Clap. Actually you never want to use them together other than when you just pulled a new mob.
    Why? Re-clapping after 27 seconds to retain that debuff then re-shouting to retain that debuff not only saves us a glyph slot, but ensures that the standard tanking debuffs exist on the mobs around us. And if tanking mobs in AoE, press it once every 6 seconds, as you don't have to use the Demo Shout behind it.

Macroing Heroic Strike and Cleave to abilities has always seemed to be the most popular mistake by Warriors. Just don't do it. You're better off not using Heroic Strike or Cleave at all if you end up draining your rage and that will happen. Even if you add it to Revenge (which partly makes sense since it's usually only available in scenarios where you should have a lot of rage plus it's cheap), how would you then make the macro know if you want to Cleave or Heroic Strike? The only way for you to do that is by using a modifier key, and if you use modifier keys for this for two or more abilities, you could as well have seperate keybinds for Cleave and Heroic Strike.
    I've tried macroing Heroic Strike or Cleave to everything, and getting rage starved does occur often (especially during Inner Rage phases when you accidentally pre-click an ability requiring a decent amount of rage, triggering Heroic Strike/Cleave instead of the ability). The best solution to this (that I've found so far) is to take Inner Rage off and give it its own button, or to only put Inner Rage on Revenge, Rend and Demo Shout, with /cancelaura Inner Rage on abilities that have a rage cost of 15 or more.

Code:
    /cast Shield Block
    So that's where Inner Rage can go otherwise. Thank you.

Code:
    #showtooltip Shattering Throw
    /cast [stance:2]Battle Stance <---- disclaimer: I can't for my life remember if Defensive Stance is stance 2 or 3!
    /cast [stance:1]Shattering Throw
    /cast [stance:1]Defensive Stance
    Thanks for this. This'll probably be most useful on the pull or when I'm far enough away from mobs such that I won't get crit.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead,exists]Intervene
    /cast [mod:shift]Intercept;Charge
    I have this one instead:
    Code:
    #showicon
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence [harm] reset=15 Charge, Intercept, Charge; [help] Intervene;
    This can possibly introduce downtime on Charge (possibly critical), but it means I can save valuable keybinding space with one button for all movement instead of two (one for harm and one for help) or three (one each).

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift]Rend;Devastate
    I'll probably need to get used to using my left-hand pinkie (or palm on Control or something). I'll experiment, thanks.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert
    Going from either sitting ragecapped and ignoring the dumping tools or feeling like I need to take speed in order to play my Warrior to dealing extra DPS on some swings whilst having only one noticable GCD is definitely an improvement in my gameplay (either in game or personally), even if it is a reduction of my potential. I don't have the brain power for two GCD sets and 85 levels have only set this in stone.
    Managing Heroic Strike and Cleave is very simple. I have Heroic Strike bound to 2 and Cleave bound to Shift + 2. Sometimes I swap these binds around.

I mash this button constantly until I know my rage income will be low (or simply notice that my rage isn't topped off). That's all. Try it out, I can assure you you'll get into the... habit in no time.

What's important to remember is that you don't need to time your rage dumps nor use them constantly. Sometimes you must spam them constantly not to overcap rage, but even if you're at 70 rage and could Heroic Strike that doesn't necessarily mean you're in a hurry to do so.

Why? Re-clapping after 27 seconds to retain that debuff then re-shouting to retain that debuff not only saves us a glyph slot, but ensures that the standard tanking debuffs exist on the mobs around us. And if tanking mobs in AoE, press it once every 6 seconds, as you don't have to use the Demo Shout behind it.
    What if your Demoralizing Shout missed and you want to do another?
    Why waste a GCD on Demoralizing Shout every 30-ish seconds rather than the 45-ish seconds it could be?
    What if another class applied the Thunder Clap debuff passively (check raidcomp.mmo-champion.com) and you simply want to use Demoralizing Shout and not Thunder Clap?

I've tried macroing Heroic Strike or Cleave to everything, and getting rage starved does occur often (especially during Inner Rage phases when you accidentally pre-click an ability requiring a decent amount of rage, triggering Heroic Strike/Cleave instead of the ability). The best solution to this (that I've found so far) is to take Inner Rage off and give it its own button, or to only put Inner Rage on Revenge, Rend and Demo Shout, with /cancelaura Inner Rage on abilities that have a rage cost of 15 or more.
    All of these "problems" and needs for creative solutions would completely dissapear if you simply gave your Heroic Strike a keybind of it's own.

I'll probably need to get used to using my left-hand pinkie (or palm on Control or something). I'll experiment, thanks.
    I use TAB § 1 2 3 4 5 R F G H C and mouse button 3 with shift modifiers to every key. This is more than enough for the core abilities. I suggest you train that pinky of yours and start using modifiers, because that would solve all of your problems.

Deleted
    You won't want to apply TC to a mob already afflicted by a attack speed debuff, but you may need to apply demoralizing to it. For example, if there is a dk dps he will apply a frost disease to it and using a tc will be a wasted gcd unless you need it to refresh rend. Same if you have an off-tank, you need to know what they are applying. Do yourself an aura which will tell you if the mob don't have one of the 4 debuffs that apply the effect, and use either TC or demoralizing if one is not up.

About berserker rage and inner rage you would be better having control over them with a separated keybind, but if you don't want to be bothered, macroing them all to shield block it's probably the best way to use them instead of not using them at all. Anyways, normal keybinds + ctrl modified keybinds (ctrl being in the mouse, far more comfortable) should be enough for what a tank warrior needs, even not standard abilities as colossus smash, recklessness or shattering throw.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mash this button constantly until I know my rage income will be low (or simply notice that my rage isn't topped off). That's all.
    So, instead of binding Heroic Strike to selected keys in order to dump rage, you have a single key that you spam most of the time.

What's important to remember is that you don't need to time your rage dumps
    So, binding them in such a way that they fire every so often and isn't timing them is OK...
    nor use them constantly.
    So, binding them in such a way that there exists abilities that do not have rage dumps on them (Thunder Clap, Rend, Shockwave) is OK...
    Sometimes you must spam them constantly not to overcap rage, but even if you're at 70 rage and could Heroic Strike that doesn't necessarily mean you're in a hurry to do so.
    I'm not quite sure how rage generation works, but I'd much rather SS+HS for 50 rage than melee swing/get hit/block and get 40 rage and waste 10 of it. Not capping rage is priority number 1, as wasted rage deals no damage nor grants any utility bonus.

What if your Demoralizing Shout missed and you want to do another?
    Wait for Thunderclap to come off cooldown, Thunderclap, Demo Shout.
    Why waste a GCD on Demoralizing Shout every 30-ish seconds rather than the 45-ish seconds it could be?
    Why increase the time on Demo Shout when it lines up perfectly with Thunderclap and both do the tanking debuffs?
    What if another class applied the Thunder Clap debuff passively (check raidcomp.mmo-champion.com) and you simply want to use Demoralizing Shout and not Thunder Clap?
    Thunder Clap (it still deals damage and can possibly overwrite the other debuff) and then Demo Shout.

I use TAB § 1 2 3 4 5 R F G H C and mouse button 3 with shift modifiers to every key. This is more than enough for the core abilities.
    That's far to many to remember, and clicking is perfectly acceptable. I have 1-6 and F1-F3 bound and that's it. Taunt has a shift macro with Challenging.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

If you're going to use Last Stand and Enraged Regen, isn't it better to always cast LS first, then ERegen? I mean, you self heal according to your total health (with Last Stand on)....

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Hi.

I'm an 85 Prot Warrior grinding heroics, and am getting very cluster-screwed with the amount of items and abilities on my bars, so I have a couple of questions.
    Good luck with that one...

/signed an old Prot Warrior vet that finally got tired of all the damn buttons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killertock View Post
    If you're going to use Last Stand and Enraged Regen, isn't it better to always cast LS first, then ERegen? I mean, you self heal according to your total health (with Last Stand on)....
    The heal should change depending on your current Max HP, so so long as you click the macro fast enough, it won't matter.

I could go:
    Code:
    #showicon Enraged Regeneration
    #showtooltip Enraged Regeneration
    /castsequence Last Stand, Gift of the Naaru, Enraged Regeneration
    if that's not the case.

---------- Post added 2012-01-16 at 06:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Azidonis View Post
    Good luck with that one...

/signed an old Prot Warrior vet that finally got tired of all the damn buttons.
    Where did you go afterwards?
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Deleted
    So, instead of binding Heroic Strike to selected keys in order to dump rage, you have a single key that you spam most of the time.
    So, binding them in such a way that they fire every so often and isn't timing them is OK...
    So, binding them in such a way that there exists abilities that do not have rage dumps on them (Thunder Clap, Rend, Shockwave) is OK...
    You miss the final point: Managing your rage as a Protection Warrior is very simple, you don't need extreme timing or careful planning, but you cannot simply do it through macros. Or I guess you can, but I don't even want to imagine how clunky and inefficient it would be.

Even if you add Heroic Strike to low rage abilities there will be plenty of scenarios where you either want to burn more rage or conserve rage. As you kill the final mobs in a pack you don't want to dump your rage to have more rage on the upcoming pull. If you dodge two, three or more attacks in a row while ditching out a few Heroic Strikes you will find yourself with an empty rage bar. If you tank multiple mobs with melee swings you can literally spam Heroic Strike with Inner Rage up and still overcap rage. If you're in a raid and the other tank has aggro you can't usually support using a single Heroic Strike unless some major raid damage is going on.

If you have no problem with having no control over scenarios like these and find it acceptable to sometimes drain yourself on rage and sometimes not use enough rage, then by all means.

Wait for Thunderclap to come off cooldown, Thunderclap, Demo Shout.

Why increase the time on Demo Shout when it lines up perfectly with Thunderclap and both do the tanking debuffs?

Thunder Clap (it still deals damage and can possibly overwrite the other debuff) and then Demo Shout.
    Because you're completely wasting rage and time using the same debuff several times. You will do several k less DPS when you spend multiple GCDs every combat on literally nothing. As a matter of fact, it'd be better to just stand around and do nothing, as you'd save the rage.

That's far to many to remember, and clicking is perfectly acceptable. I have 1-6 and F1-F3 bound and that's it. Taunt has a shift macro with Challenging.
    Muscle memory does the job. While learning I had visible key binds on the action bars, now I barely even need action bars at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry Mest. I don't understand how capping rage is worse than reapplying a debuff, effectively extending its duration, and I don't understand how I'd LOSE dps by replacing a SS+HS with a Thunder Clap in order to re-access Demo Shout when you're suggesting I just auto-attack instead.

As for the large paragraph: Heroic Strike is 30 Rage. There aren't any other abilities that have rage greater than this (to my knowledge) so abilities that cost less than this are barely affected so long as you don't spam the buttons before they come off cooldown (precision keybind pressing instead of "OMG so many things to do press everything"). If I get rage starved by going down from 38 rage to 3 by hitting Revenge and I stay there, well, I must be ridiculously unlucky (I miss out on a SS or a Devastate for a short period of time) but so would the player that hit Revenge, then Shield Slam.

In practice this never happens, and I have shouts and a glyphed 'zerker rage in case I have a slightly extended GCD.

I feel you're overexaggerating.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Deleted
    It feels that like you don't want something well done, just something to get by... In that case, use those macros, and reapply tc and demo regardless of its need.

If you want to do it well, you want to glyph demo to last 45 secs, reapply it and tc independently and only when needed, don't waste gcds and rage if not, and don't ever macro HS to anything, it will do horrible things to your rage. If you feel that not... you will see it once you have tanked a bit more. Dedicate a keybind to it, there are not that many things in the basic rotation. If you just want to use those 9 keybinds, 1-HS, 2-revenge, 3-devaste, 4-shield slam at least.

Anyways, 9 keybinds are far too few, you should look into ways of binding more things... I doubt there is a class that can be played with only 9 binds, least of all a tank, regardless of how many things you macro.

PD: You should spam things before the GCD finish. It's the only way they would be casted inmediantly instead of a delay, that will add to several less skills used per combat.

Deleted
    @Firebert

Why did you post this thread anyways ?

Because it seems like you already know everything and don't need any advice 'cause you're definitely ''right'' about everything.
    In that case, I ask myself why did you post this thread... Just go ahead and do what you think is right if you aren't ready do listen to what others have to say.

It's pointless to just come and argue indefinitely and ask for advice if you are not ready to listen to what more experienced Warrior players have to say. In that case, as I've already said, your thread has no meaning.

Deleted
    Firebert, I'll quote Espada: it feels that like you don't want something well done, just something to get by.

If you want to get closer to something well done you can't do things like sacrificing control over your rage or force casting Thunder Clap before every Demoralizing Shout. You may go longer periods of time without DS if it misses, you'll lose damage (outside of AoE) since youspend more GCDs debuffing than you need to, and you would actually be better off not doing anything in some scenarios as TC has a popr damage per rage.

Either way, I fail to see why people want to simplify their gameplay in the first place. As a matter of fact, we commonly make things more advanced to increase our potential on certain departments in certain scenarios, so I guess I'm not much of a help on something like this in the first place.

Buttons you need :

charge
    rend
    thunder clap
    blastwave
    demo roar

( maybe taunt )

with this you can tank any 5 man. The rest is just gravy at this point. Since the incredible thread buff, you can just keep thunderclap on CD and nothing will go after your party members, ever.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

I only use 4 marcos regularly. The first 3 are for perfect boss pulls every time because its impossible to single click all these abilities while holding down your mic key and counting down a 5 sec count down.
    Code:
    /cast Berserker Rage
    /cast Battle Shout
    /cast Arcane Torrent
    40 rage pre pull, ok

Code:
    /cast Recklessness
    /use Golemblood Potion
    /cast heroic leap
    Have yet to die from recklessness, healers should be precasting. Prepot! Heroic leap never misses.

Code:
    /cast shield block
    /cast shield slam
    /cast inner rage
    Casts both shield block and inner rage as you are leaping and shield slam when you get there.

This one has saved my life too many times now.
    Code:
    /cast rallying cry
    /use healthstone
    /cast berserker rage
    /cast Enraged Regeneration
    For Yor'sahj I'll throw mythical healing potion into the mix.

Best thing I ever did with cleave and heroic strike, mouse wheel up and mouse wheel down because some times you need to hit two buttons at once.

enjoi
    Last edited by Gerbosk8; 2012-01-16 at 02:56 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The suggestions in this thread have all been spot on. I get you want a simplified way to just walk in and macro everything for 5 mans and I'm sure it's possible to do and get by but all the above posts are right on. Prot tanking as a war is not about auto-piloting your way to vp cap for the week but rather about using the correct tools at the correct moments. What I mean by this is the auto-pilot way will have you soaking up mana and a mediocre dps output to the group. Min maxing your abilities timing them and independently using them will at least up dps, correctly use rage and push you to understand the war better.

To give you an idea here are a couple key binds I use

1 = Dev ctrl+1 = shock wave alt+1 retaliation
    2 = Heroic strike ctrl +2 = inner rage Alt +2 = Golem blood
    q = sheld wall ctlr +Q = last stand Alt Q = rallying cry

Starting to see a pattern?

I know on my alts I have macros that simplify allot of things and mash up a bunch of stuff together but on the war I just can't see that being to my or the groups benefit.

An example is your TC and Demo being macroed together, I don't see how that is an advantage at all. I would rather use any other ability than TC if it wont reapply TC debuff or refresh rend when it's about to expire.

10+ Year Old Account
    The bolded part of my OP was the biggest reason why I posted in this thread. Only Revenge was not enough (ragecapped often), most abilities and Inner Rage bound was too much, and I wanted to know what balance people have come up with. I got a hell of a lot closer with Shield Block and Inner Rage together, with Heroic Strike only on SS, Revenge and Devastate, as that group can be used indefinitely.

If the OP was read, people would realise I'm much happier to play the class with HS macroed in instead of trying to juggle two sets of GCDs in my head, and that removing this wasn't an option.

I'm not right about everything. I just find this far more attractive when it comes to playing my Warrior. (This is where I get, "well if you can't play it properly then don't play it at all" treatment that I've gotten on the DK forums in less friendly words before.)

10 keybinds does my Blood/Frost DK, my Arcane/Frost Mage, and my Disco Priest PvE/PvP well enough, the rest is clicked and is sufficient for performing my role.

Spamming macroed abilities would force HS whenever possible, potentially causing a GCD stall (generate up to 35 rage, spamming SS+HS before the GCD, HS takes precedence and is cast, taking you down to 5 rage, SS is not cast (not enough rage), delay in the main GCD). I'm not going to prioritise HS over everything, so I'm not going to spam every macroed ability just to stay beneath 30 rage.

I'm not trying to be rude, it's just that I started with a question and I got people telling me that my question is wrong. I thought it was the done thing considering the off-the-GCD mechanic, and I'd be far happier with a higher rage-cost Heroic Strike on the GCD (50 to 80 rage) such that this nuance of the class doesn't have to be dealt with in this way (cue: "OMG we don't need more homogenisation after X abilities lost their stance requirement").

I'm sorry if I've offended. ._.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)