Thread: AoE targetting.

AoE targetting.

A mate told me this and wanted to see if I could get it confirmed:
    When clicking on a AoE you get the targeting marker just like wow, however I've been told that if you click the same spell again it will drop the AoE right on top of your current target.
    Sounds sexy, has anyone else seen anything on this?

Sounds awesome, if it's true, I hope it works on friendly characters. Like if someone has a lot of aggro'd mobs, drop a firewall on their position.

Deleted
    I can remember this being said in a video from Gamescom I think (Mif will find it anyways). You can do AoE just like WoW with click and move to area, you can drop the AoE directly onto a target or you can press the keybinding and it will drop where your cursor is right away.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadfuert View Post
    I can remember this being said in a video from Gamescom I think (Mif will find it anyways). You can do AoE just like WoW with click and move to area, you can drop the AoE directly onto a target or you can press the keybinding and it will drop where your cursor is right away.
    Oh wow, that is news to me. That is great. Love it! Just have your cursor where it needs to be ahead of time and double tap for instant aoe. SEXEH.

This is correct.

I seem to remember it from a totalbiscuit video too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did not know this, but really really like it!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    I seem to remember it from a totalbiscuit video too.
    Yeah I thought it was from TB but wasn't 100% sure and I'm to lazy to look through them :P

Deleted
    So, I've heard this also from the TB film, but can you do this on friendly targets or? Or just enemy targets?

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, you can't target friendly targets, so that should answer that. but if you have no target it should drop where your cursor is, right? If you double tap the ability?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Well, you can't target friendly targets, so that should answer that. but if you have no target it should drop where your cursor is, right? If you double tap the ability?
    Oh, I've completely forgotten about that, thanks for the headup though!
    Good question, maybe it'll just be released on where your cursor is? As if you would've clicked? Just a guess :P

Yeah I thought it was from TB but wasn't 100% sure and I'm to lazy to look through them :P
    Same I just remember him and me going ohhhhhh at about the same time

10+ Year Old Account
    which TB video is it? and i am kinda skeptical about this as usually double tapping an ability would cancel it in case it was a miss-click or not the appropriate time to fire the ability, etc. now having to cancel the cast by hitting escape would slow down your response time somewhat and i do not see how they would counter this. i thought it was the usual press the keybind and then use left mouse click to fire it. /shrug
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    which TB video is it? and i am kinda skeptical about this as usually double tapping an ability would cancel it in case it was a miss-click or not the appropriate time to fire the ability, etc. now having to cancel the cast by hitting escape would slow down your response time somewhat and i do not see how they would counter this. i thought it was the usual press the keybind and then use left mouse click to fire it. /shrug
    I presume that it is an option.

Sorry...I honestly can't remember which one it was....but I'm thinking maybe his ele pvp one as that had loads of aoe going on...I think it might have been that.
    I can't remember details either...and none were given other than..."ohhh...that's awesome"...I just remember that it seemed to work well.
    I guess, if it doesn't, that's what closed beta is for anyway

Deleted
    It;s either one of his PvP vids or the one with tequatal and Colin talking to him.

i want try it in the game

Quote Originally Posted by cherich View Post
    i want try it in the game
    I bet we all do