Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    When someone convincingly proves me wrong and isn't one of those people who resorts to personal insults then I just admit it and go from there.

However, when the I'm wrong and someone gets a bit too emotional and starts to insult me or resort to sarcasm or the "boo hoo oh my oh me dumbly dee bla bla" thing, I just try to irritate them even further while staying polite and playing naive to make them go over the top and maybe get a ban.
    90% of the time when people dive into personal attacks, it's because they are nervous, can't articulate their argument, or have no evidence on their argument. People who can't debate without getting emotional are rarely right because they let the emotion cloud what they are saying. Emotional people are funny. I love debating with them.

Do a 360 and walk away? /giggle

But really if your wrong, just admit it try to learn something?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    90% of the time when people dive into personal attacks, it's because they are nervous, can't articulate their argument, or have no evidence on their argument. People who can't debate without getting emotional are rarely right because they let the emotion cloud what they are saying. Emotional people are funny. I love debating with them.
    Could not agree more. I love picking on posts like that!

Thank the guy who proved me wrong if he was polite.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagewolf View Post
    Be amused at the foolishness and naivety of my self-from-ten-minutes-ago.

Boy, what a fool I was back then, before 9.00 this evening! I sure have matured in the last 8 minutes.
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

Deleted
    If someone pokes a hole in my argument then I'll concede. Without hesitating.

I'm never wrong.
    If I can't be the sex symbol, then I can definitely be the BITCH

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Don't post and wait for the thread to die. Pretend I didn't see anyone prove me wrong.
    This. I can admit when I'm wrong and welcome constructive criticism, but usually when someone proves someone wrong online its like a free pass to be a dbag.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DiceDice View Post
    I bring out the ad-hominem launcher.
    Cruel but surprisingly effective.

I grudgingly concede and bow out.

15+ Year Old Account
    I´m never wrong.

Nah, I´ll admit I´m wrong. I couldn´t care about being right, I care about knowing what´s right.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

10+ Year Old Account
    Like someone else sai, I try not to post about stuff i don't know about, but when i do i sometimes make a fool out of myself =P.
    I will usually apologize, but if the other person who proved me wrong was a dick about it then ill just keep arguing with them to make them mad as i eat popcorn.

depends on what im wrong about

10+ Year Old Account
    So you're telling me my opinion =/= fact? What the fuck?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Don't post and wait for the thread to die. Pretend I didn't see anyone prove me wrong.
    This.

Why continue proving that you're retarded by replying to people who are obviously correct? You just waste your time and everyone else.

Deleted
    IRL I generally sack up and excuse myself to the poeple in question. On the net though I feel like a bit of a fool and shut up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    This.

Why continue proving that you're retarded by replying to people who are obviously correct?
    I am gonna keep this line in mind the next time I get no further reply! Hah!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather argue to be proven wrong so I can not be ignorant later. Don't care about winning arguments because I'm not a lawyer.

Deleted
    Pretend that I was trolling

If i am completely wrong on a certain point i will admit that i was wrong, i dont believe there is any shame in being proven wrong. At least then i know the real answer to the question instead of being wrong and not knowing it. I really dont know why people have the need to relentlessly try and defend their point if they are wrong, it makes you look like even more of an idiot.

It entirely depends. If it's something factual that I can indeed be wrong about and someone has evidence otherwise I would be more than willing to admit that I'm wrong. Most of the time the other said is going "you're wrong because I say so and so does this list I made up of other useless drivel"
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    Is there a term you have for being shown proof and choosing to dismiss it?
    Starting a Monk Blog; Celestial Fists: http://celestialfists.blogspot.com/
    Called Garrosh as end boss: 10/28/2011

I just admit that I was wrong, which happens a lot.

Then again... it really depends on what mood I'm in, sometimes I'll defend something to death even though I'm pretty sure I'm wrong, I tend to feel bad about that later though.