suggested changes

hello folks

before we get started THIS WILL NOT BE A FLAME THREAD. i dont wish to discuss wow vs swtor, they are different games and should be treated as such.

lets be honest here, swtor has flaws, its inevitable. but to ensure the continued success of swtor these flaws need to be exposed so bioware knows of them.

the point of this thread is to bring to light these issues so they can be compiled into a list for easy consumption.

PVE:
    -it seems that after every patch thus far bosses have gained more and more bugs
    -8 man vs 16 man difficaulty is absolutely shameful. 8man is horrendously easy to kill. (my guild did 4/5 nighmare 8man for the first time this week and 1 shot every boss except for annihilation droid which took less then 5 attempts, same group did 16 man normal with our other 4/5 HM team and had a pretty hard time doing them. also the trash in 16man is unbelievably harder then 8 man.)
    -cast time bugs: certain abilities for classes (full auto=trooper, telekenetic throw=sage) put the ability on cd, use the resources and locks you out from doing any other action, but DONT ACTUALLY CAST.
    - annihilation droid is a difficult fight, which i have no issue with. gharj,pylon, and duel boss are hilariously easy in comparison. maybe buff the difficulty of these encounters to make it not feel like your walking through all the bosses after droid and then getting bashed in the face with SOA's mechanics
    -FIX SOA's LIGHTING BALLS. every night our raid group goes into EV we encounter a new bug with soa's lighting balls that sometimes has us totally go back to the drawing board on our strat as what worked 1 night may no longer be physically possible.
    -FIX SOA's phase 3 mechanic: on almost every one of our <5% wipes on HM/NM soa have ended in the boss becoming immune to the giant pillar that breaks the bosses shield. this is not ment to happen and has cost us the kill upward of 15 times in the last 3 weeks. FIX THIS FFS
    -soa RNG: this is more of a pet pieve but when we go through ~80 seconds with BOTH our healers CC'd by the boss so that we cant physically continue the encounter, i consider this a flaw by design. issues like this should have been considered during the design process. i have no problem with difficult encounter or time consuming ones, but when a situation arises when it is literally impossible to complete the objective due to RNG. that is an issue.
    -repair respec costs.

PVP:
    -trash the random drop bag system and SHOOT THE D**K WHO GAVE ME 6 IMPLANTS AN NOTHING ELSE
    -address the lack of continuous play in pvp. after lvl 60 valor there is absolutely no reason to continue to pvp (as at that point you want to gouge your eyes out when you zone into alderaan
    -healer balance: many people claim that its up to the player but between a trooper and a smuggler the smuggler with always VASTLY outheal the trooper with very little trouble, purely because of the class.
    -scrap resolve it is absolutely useless in anything larger then 2v2
    -replace resolve with global deminishing returns.
    -people are still vanishing in huttball and voidstar and can CAP OBJECTIVES! we have seen this repeatedly from the opposing faction on our server where we have a man staring at the door and the bomb just plants, or an enemy running with the ball is getting focused by 3+ people and just disappears and cant be seen until they cap the ball. THIS IS GAME BREAKING AND MUST BE ADDRESSED ASAP.

QUESTING:
    -meh i have nothing for this and i just didnt really enjoy questing in this game. i know someone is going to come at me for this but just got really bored and things felt disconnected with major lore/plot holes.

UI: (note these can be remedied by an open api *hint *hint)
    -RAID FRAMES THAT WORK!! (if you heal in pvp you know what im talking about)
    -proc/reactive ability frame for class abilities (much like what rift had)
    -scaleable actionbars
    -combat log

there was a lot more to add to this list but I cant remember off the top of my head.

PS for the people who claim that "well its an mmo, you need to give it time to grow" you are the reason why companies are confident releasing a game that is incomplete. people arent paying now for something that might be playable in a couple of years. if we buy a product we expect it to work on day one. while bugs do happen, a majority of the huge gamebreaking bugs/flaws/issues people have this this game, have been there for 5+ months and those of us in the closed beta begged bioware to fix it, but it still hasn't happened. i haven't added the obvious issues into this thread as i believe after all the repeating they have had bioware should know them already.

finally, what issues are you currently seeing in the game that you would like to have addressed?

keep it civil, dont flame
    Last edited by drtrann; 2012-01-15 at 09:20 PM.

Deleted
    Hi,

I can't comment about PVE side, cause I didnt try raiding atm on SWTOR.

PVP wise, I find the bag system being pretty cool..
    Are you really complaining about a system that gives you almost an entire equipement in maybe 2 weeks on doing just your dailys ?
    Maybe you'd prefer farming bg night and day for one week to have a piece ?
    I know I would like for pvp stuff to be harder to buy, this is just too easy atm. Your 6 implants were just pure bad luck, you wouldnt be complaining about this system if it were not for those implants you had..

My questing was really enjoyable too, in fact i'm rerolling like crazy, both empire and republic, and I "space" the cinematics only when i'm really bored, which his almost never. I read the subtitles, then I space. For class quests I let it slide.

The only thing that should be changed ASAP is the difference between mirror classes :

Smuggler having a 90 seconds cooldown on flashbang, IA having 60 seconds
    Smuggler having to stay put to cast the stun kick, IA being able to cast is while moving
    Smuggler being rooted while casting the stun kick for almost a second, IA being able to move freely

Inquisitor "stun" (i dont remember the name, the one you get at early level, equivalent to the one the jedi has that throws a BIG rock) being INSTANT with no fly time, with the jedi you could go make yourself a cofee while it hits, although its supposed to be an instant cast.

I think I could go on, and this is why I had to find THE spec that doesnt require the cover system to be able to have fun in BGs. Otherwise I would have broke everything that was on my desk from the delay some ability's have.

Other than that, I'm really enjoying the game, I think they had a lot of very good ideas, and I hope this will go on for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is this posted here?

but to ensure the continued success of swtor these flaws need to be exposed so bioware knows of them.
    Do you think BW is secretly watching this forum? watching and just waiting for one person, just the ONE person to come and post all the games flaws that they need to fix in a concise appropriate thread. Secondly do you think they're not aware of most of this stuff you listed? Having said that I'll add my two cents to your list of complaints:

FIX DAMN RESPEC COSTS. I'm still stuck at 54,000 for a respec. It hasn't reset this week. Add a dual spec or fix the cost. I'm tired of being stuck in the healing tree

Also out of curiosity how is

QUESTING:
    -meh i have nothing for this and i just didnt really enjoy questing in this game. i know someone is going to come at me for this but just got really bored and things felt disconnected with major lore/plot holes.
    helpful or constructive in the slightest. It doesn't offer a damn thing other than I hated questing.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-01-15 at 09:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drtrann View Post
    PVP:
    -healer balance: many people claim that its up to the player but between a trooper and a smuggler the smuggler with always VASTLY outheal the trooper with very little trouble, purely because of the class.
    Completely disagree, unless the imbalance isn't mirrored between BH and IA healers. I have absolutely no problem outhealing any IA I come across, Sorc's give me more of a run than IA's ever do.

Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    Inquisitor "stun" (i dont remember the name, the one you get at early level, equivalent to the one the jedi has that throws a BIG rock) being INSTANT with no fly time, with the jedi you could go make yourself a cofee while it hits, although its supposed to be an instant cast.
    You still get stunned the moment the spell is cast though, well before the rock hits you. Not sure if the animation is longer therefore locking you out of other combat etc but I see no imbalance in the timing of the stun itself.

*edit* Just a note, i'm not trying to defend any classes just giving my view point, I could be wrong and I despise Sorcs in Huttball with their for-ever-lightning hehe.
    Last edited by Nirawen; 2012-01-15 at 09:42 AM.

remove the holy trinity so i can get into dungeons faster

Most of these aren't changes, they are bug fixes. I am pretty sure it wasn't designed that spells would go on cooldown but do no damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Completely disagree, unless the imbalance isn't mirrored between BH and IA healers. I have absolutely no problem outhealing any IA I come across, Sorc's give me more of a run than IA's ever do.

You still get stunned the moment the spell is cast though, well before the rock hits you. Not sure if the animation is longer therefore locking you out of other combat etc but I see no imbalance in the timing of the stun itself.
    You can't cast anyting before the rock hits the target :/. I played the two classes (empire side and rep side), the emp side feels alot more smoother and reacts really well.

I'm not trying to attack the lightninglol class myself too ^^, I love it when they do this, it just gives me free kills

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Why is this posted here?

Do you think BW is secretly watching this forum? watching and just waiting for one person, just the ONE person to come and post all the games flaws that they need to fix in a concise appropriate thread. Secondly do you think they're not aware of most of this stuff you listed? Having said that I'll add my two cents to your list of complaints:

FIX DAMN RESPEC COSTS. I'm still stuck at 54,000 for a respec. It hasn't reset this week. Add a dual spec or fix the cost. I'm tired of being stuck in the healing tree

no i dont think bioware reads this forum. swtor customers DO HOWEVER. and i happen to have access to bioware's development forum where certain members of the community can post DIRECTLY to the developers. not the PR and community managers but the developers. seeing as how i have access to this resource i felt it was a good idea to see what you guys had chip in. please sir do not assume everyone is an average mouthbreather.

8 man vs 16 man difficaulty is absolutely shameful. 8man is horrendously easy to kill. (my guild did 4/5 nighmare 8man for the first time this week and 1 shot every boss except for annihilation droid which took less then 5 attempts, same group did 16 man normal with our other 4/5 HM team and had a pretty hard time doing them. also the trash in 16man is unbelievably harder then 8 man
    - i thought this was what ppl wanted, hard mode is supposed to be hard and wow had tons of ppl complaining that the hard mode there was to easy

and as to the rest of your thread, arent they just bugs in the game which, hopefuly will be fixed - you seem to want a game that has no bugs at all, well, im sorry, but you arent going to get that - the bugs will be fixed with hotfixes prob and have you posted this thread on swtor forums??

10+ Year Old Account
    no i dont think bioware reads this forum. swtor customers DO HOWEVER. and i happen to have access to bioware's development forum where certain members of the community can post DIRECTLY to the developers. not the PR and community managers but the developers. seeing as how i have access to this resource i felt it was a good idea to see what you guys had chip in. please sir do not assume everyone is an average mouthbreather.
    The problem is you have some entirely constructive things to say but at the same you'll thrown in something entirely unconstructive that really adds nothing to the debate. For example

QUESTING:
    How is that good for the game? I mean you didn't really give the developers or us anything to help fix that you just sorta shit on it and moved on thinking no one would notice the hate.

Furthermore

PS for the people who claim that "well its an mmo, you need to give it time to grow" you are the reason why companies are confident releasing a game that is incomplete. people arent paying now for something that might be playable in a couple of years. if we buy a product we expect it to work on day one. while bugs do happen, a majority of the huge gamebreaking bugs/flaws/issues people have this this game, have been there for 5+ months and those of us in the closed beta begged bioware to fix it, but it still hasn't happened. i haven't added the obvious issues into this thread as i believe after all the repeating they have had bioware should know them already.
    If you actually believe this what is the point in this thread? It's already done for you. You don't accept the principle that mmos grow over time, you want everything at launch. Thats come and passed though so why do you bother now?
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-01-15 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post

*edit* Just a note, i'm not trying to defend any classes just giving my view point, I could be wrong and I despise Sorcs in Huttball with their for-ever-lightning hehe.
    im using our guild as a measuring stick. we currently have 17 bonesaw's in full pvp gear and 23 combat medics. i asked them to submit screenshots of all their matches for this week and came up with these results:
    smuggler
    average: 437,236
    highest: 721,105

trooper:
    average: 354,729
    highest: 583,221

while the sample size needs to be increased, at least from personal experience i have found combat medic to be inferior to the sawbone in survivability, burst healing and sustained high pressure healing. i'd like to gather more information before i do a post on it, and it would only serve to make me look like a fool if i post anything without my due diligence, but i feel already their is a pretty significant gap in the plot points.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    The problem is you have some entirely constructive things to say but at the same you'll thrown in something entirely unconstructive that really adds nothing to the debate. For example

How is that good for the game? I mean you didn't really give the developers or us anything to help fix that you just sorta shit on it and moved on thinking no one would notice the hate.

this is clearly not the final list hence why im asking for your input.. i just had nothing to put in their as i am bias in my view of questing

---------- Post added 2012-01-15 at 10:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    Hi,

I can't comment about PVE side, cause I didnt try raiding atm on SWTOR.

PVP wise, I find the bag system being pretty cool..
    Are you really complaining about a system that gives you almost an entire equipement in maybe 2 weeks on doing just your dailys ?
    Maybe you'd prefer farming bg night and day for one week to have a piece ?
    I know I would like for pvp stuff to be harder to buy, this is just too easy atm. Your 6 implants were just pure bad luck, you wouldnt be complaining about this system if it were not for those implants you had..
    but you see thats the flaw in the system. if you are like me, you could have done your dailies/weekly EVERY DAY FOR 3 WEEKS! aswell and open bags from the points you make along the way and constantly get the exact same item. its a flawed system that needs to be amended as there is literally no other way to obtain the gear except for an RNG system. statistically im sure its highly improbable for something like this to happen, but i have the implants to prove it :/
    Last edited by drtrann; 2012-01-15 at 10:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    im using our guild as a measuring stick. we currently have 17 bonesaw's in full pvp gear and 23 combat medics. i asked them to submit screenshots of all their matches for this week and came up with these results:
    smuggler
    average: 437,236
    highest: 721,105

trooper:
    average: 354,729
    highest: 583,221

while the sample size needs to be increased, at least from personal experience i have found combat medic to be inferior to the sawbone in survivability, burst healing and sustained high pressure healing. i'd like to gather more information before i do a post on it, and it would only serve to make me look like a fool if i post anything without my due diligence, but i feel already their is a pretty significant gap in the plot points.
    Not to disagree but just add my personal experience these are my figures:

Bounty Hunter:
    (Rough) average: 400,000
    Highest: 661,028 (thats highest ever, not this week . Big numbers thanks to a battlemaster Marauder too stupid to hit the healer behind people)

That's with Champion PvP gear and 3 Columni/Rakata PvE pieces. Can't comment on the difference in survivability between the IA and BH though as I havn't played as or with any IA healers to get their views, I think IA's might have better healing while moving compared to the BH but thats just a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by btf View Post
    - i thought this was what ppl wanted, hard mode is supposed to be hard and wow had tons of ppl complaining that the hard mode there was to easy
    i feel you havent read my post.. 8 man hardmode is easier then 16man normal (nightmare is close but slightly harder). this should not be the case. they should scale together. 8man normal should be just as easy as 16man normal. as it stands 8 man nightmare for bosses gharj, pylons, dueling, are easier then 16man normal. this is a clear balancing issue

Deleted
    I have to say I read this thread expecting a load of bull... but you're almost universally right *shrugs*

I have not yet experienced people vanishing in warzones though, but I have a feeling it might have something to do with the warzone lag and people with bad PCs that seem to "teleport" around.

Deleted
    double post.. wierd
    Last edited by mmoc90ba442814; 2012-01-15 at 10:36 AM.

And fix all the excruciating bugs with classes. Ive said it before and ill say it again, the amount of bugs in the basic system of the IA (im sure Smuggler aswell) are unbelieveable. In Particular Sniper.

Also, why does a Gunslinger get to stay crouched in cover when he casts Charged Burst and my Sniper stands up to eat everything shot at him? The Gunslinger takes much less damage and can avoid certain CCs this way if hes in natural cover, that a Sniper cannot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be happy with a combat log... maybe some addon support and the ability to change the color of the UI (too much blue)
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter