View Poll Results: Will you buy Mass Effect 3 for PC?

Voters
240. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I will buy it for PC

    121 50.42%
  • No, I will not buy it for PC

    119 49.58%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    I don't care. It takes 2 minutes to set up an Origin account, and I'm more than willing to pay for Mass Effect 3 than pirate it.

    Don't know why this is even something worth talking about.

  2. #22
    Immortal Clockwork Pinkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ft. Worth, Texas
    Posts
    7,374
    Xbox 360 all the way. So much drama about how and where people get their PC games from. Just buy it from the store. @_@


  3. #23
    I was really looking forward to it, but I'm not going to support EA's shenanigans with Origin. I HATE the service, and the fact that they are forcing people to use it shows that they know they can't compete with Steam. As long as EA keeps these kinds of shenanigans up (not the silly kind sadly) I'm not going to support them at all.

  4. #24
    I was going to play on console.. but actually don't mind playing it on PC as well.. I have BF3 on PC and Origin runs fine.

    To me the BF3/ME3 on Origin exclusiveness is absolutely no different from HL2/TF2/Portal exclusiveness on Steam

  5. #25
    I have no idea what Origin is and I don't give a damn.. As long as it doesn't slow down my game I'm happy..

    I'm not going to play Origin, I'm going to play ME3

    If Origin is crap I can allways uninstall it when I've completed ME3

    I hate the fact that I have to use some online service when I buy the game on a dvd (I'm looking at you Steam), but I've learned to live with it

  6. #26
    I hate Origin. No, I will not buy it on PC. I didn't like the way that ME1 played on console, so I may just skip it entirely.

  7. #27
    Herald of the Titans The Illusive Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,626
    No I will definitely not buy it for the PC because I absolutely hate Origin and so I will buy it for the console.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Xbox 360 all the way. So much drama about how and where people get their PC games from. Just buy it from the store. @_@
    The problem is that in order to use the PC version of the game you have to link it to an Origin account, even if it is a physical copy.

    I'm honestly undecided on this. I hope they change their minds, though. I don't have an xbox which I can reguarly use, nor ME1 & 2 saves for it, so in order to really get the best experience without having to shell out extra cash to EA (which I will NOT do), I'll have to get it for PC. At this point, I'll prolly err on the anti-establishment side and say I won't buy it for now. Lets see how mentally disciplined I am come March.

  9. #29
    People seem to forgot that original ME1 was a XBOX 360 EXCLUSIVE!

    Until BW merged to EA, there was no ME1 on any other platform.. Maybe people want to go back to the 2005-2009 period where no publishers wants to invest in PC anymore because of rampant pirating.

    And honestly, I rather have Origin/Steam than the crappy DVD required DRM software (oh gawd, where is my Doom 3 CD! ).. Things could have been a lot worse.. But obvoiusly, PC gamers don't give a shit.

    And before you say that EA does exclusive on Origin, well guess what? Valve started this shit with HL2/TF2 on Steam.. And you bet that Steam will be REQUIRED to play DOTA 2 even if you bought it off amazon. Hell.. Skyrim on PC requires Steam to play.. and I bought a box copy..

    DRM services like Origin/Steam are here to stay.. And I don't mind more than one DRM service, because after all, COMPETITIONS ARE ALWAYS GOOD.

    And before you say Valve are saint.. They are not. That's why Minecraft creators don't want to put their games on Steam

    http://kotaku.com/5835642/why-minecr...m-dont-mix-yet

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    well I'm already forced to use origin for Battlefield 3 so I don't see why I wouldn't buy mass effect 3 for pc(considering I don't have any consoles xD)
    This, the only problems I have had with BF3 have been due to Battlelog, Origin has actually worked well.

    The only problem I have with Origin is that the prices there are much bigger than elsewhere. I believe ME3 is going for what, 45£ there while on Gamersgate it goes for about 30£. Same with Steam (apart from sales) which is why I mostly stay clear of both of them.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Semihage View Post

    And honestly, I rather have Origin/Steam than the crappy DVD required DRM software (oh gawd, where is my Doom 3 CD! )..
    You can just make an iso of the dvd and load it into a virtual drive... Pefectly legal and alot faster than actually having a dvd in your drive.


    http://help.ea.com/article/manually-uninstalling-origin

    I doubt this removes all traces from your comp, but its still alot of work.

    Why not an add remove program? Windows doesnt detect it a program? Not good

  12. #32
    I'm sure I'll end up buying it for PC eventually but I might do something about Origin if I'm forced to log in to that client every time I want to play the singleplayer mode of ME3.

    I use Steam and I don't care logging in there while it pops up automatically when I boot Windows, I just don't want to have multiple similar clients which I need to log in to all the time.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    The problem is that in order to use the PC version of the game you have to link it to an Origin account, even if it is a physical copy.

    I'm honestly undecided on this. I hope they change their minds, though. I don't have an xbox which I can reguarly use, nor ME1 & 2 saves for it, so in order to really get the best experience without having to shell out extra cash to EA (which I will NOT do), I'll have to get it for PC. At this point, I'll prolly err on the anti-establishment side and say I won't buy it for now. Lets see how mentally disciplined I am come March.
    at least half the games I buy require Steam even though I buy 'em on dvd, and if I'm on my slow connection at home and theres patches for the game, then fuck me, cuz I have to wait a day while the patch downloads before i can play :l (and no, I'm not gonna pay for a faster connection that I'll only use for downloading patches)

    Yet Steam is good? And Origin is bad? why is it bad? Bad just because it is not Steam? Bad because it's cool to hate EA? that's a crappy explanation

    Quote Originally Posted by Semihage View Post
    People seem to forgot that original ME1 was a XBOX 360 EXCLUSIVE!

    Until BW merged to EA, there was no ME1 on any other platform.. Maybe people want to go back to the 2005-2009 period where no publishers wants to invest in PC anymore because of rampant pirating.

    And honestly, I rather have Origin/Steam than the crappy DVD required DRM software (oh gawd, where is my Doom 3 CD! ).. Things could have been a lot worse.. But obvoiusly, PC gamers don't give a shit.

    And before you say that EA does exclusive on Origin, well guess what? Valve started this shit with HL2/TF2 on Steam.. And you bet that Steam will be REQUIRED to play DOTA 2 even if you bought it off amazon. Hell.. Skyrim on PC requires Steam to play.. and I bought a box copy..

    DRM services like Origin/Steam are here to stay.. And I don't mind more than one DRM service, because after all, COMPETITIONS ARE ALWAYS GOOD.

    And before you say Valve are saint.. They are not. That's why Minecraft creators don't want to put their games on Steam

    http://kotaku.com/5835642/why-minecr...m-dont-mix-yet
    Pretty much agree with this.. I'm very happy that I can just install my games and put the dvd away after

    Sometimes people act like having to make an account in a new system is 2 days work and then spend 5 days complaining, instead of just making the account in 2 minutes and never having to think about it again

    ---------- Post added 2012-01-16 at 12:53 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    You can just make an iso of the dvd and load it into a virtual drive... Pefectly legal and alot faster than actually having a dvd in your drive.


    http://help.ea.com/article/manually-uninstalling-origin

    I doubt this removes all traces from your comp, but its still alot of work.

    Why not an add remove program? Windows doesnt detect it a program? Not good
    So you would trust it if it had an uninstaller, but you wont because it hasn't?

    I agree, it's stupid that it doesn't have an uninstaller, but "a lot of work"?? Pleeease.. Deleting 3 folders and 2 registry entries is a lot of work? damn, you must be lazy

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by KidCracken View Post
    at least half the games I buy require Steam even though I buy 'em on dvd, and if I'm on my slow connection at home and theres patches for the game, then fuck me, cuz I have to wait a day while the patch downloads before i can play :l (and no, I'm not gonna pay for a faster connection that I'll only use for downloading patches)

    Yet Steam is good? And Origin is bad? why is it bad? Bad just because it is not Steam? Bad because it's cool to hate EA? that's a crappy explanation
    I haven't had any issue with Steam being intrusive into my computer, yet a lot of people, and quite a few articles, are saying that Origin is fairly intrusive. That, and I think a lot of people are biased against it because of how Battlefield 3's multiplayer was so overly connected with Origin, compared to say CoD 3's multiplayer and Steam.

  15. #35
    No I will never buy a game on origin, I think it's complete shit.

  16. #36
    I am Murloc! Baracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,598
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    Its bound to origin so no.
    Yep. Same thing with Battlefield 3. It's sad that I could barely enter the game to try it, I'll just wait a few years till it's fixed.

    Edit: Steam would have been nice though, always works(the fact that some games you get there don't work with the OS is a different matter).
    Last edited by Baracuda; 2012-01-16 at 12:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by KidCracken View Post

    I agree, it's stupid that it doesn't have an uninstaller, but "a lot of work"?? Pleeease.. Deleting 3 folders and 2 registry entries is a lot of work? damn, you must be lazy
    Why doesnt it show up as a program? What the hell is it? LOL

    Seriously, that was the uninstall method in like windows 3.1/95. We all know why they make it hard to uninstall...

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    I haven't had any issue with Steam being intrusive into my computer, yet a lot of people, and quite a few articles, are saying that Origin is fairly intrusive. That, and I think a lot of people are biased against it because of how Battlefield 3's multiplayer was so overly connected with Origin, compared to say CoD 3's multiplayer and Steam.
    Only thing I can find is old stuff about data collection, but the faq in OP states you can opt out of that.. Other than that it's just people who heard some other people saying it's bad.. not really usefull..

    Aren't WoW totally connected with Battle.net? who's crying about that?

    It's a bit hard for me to define "overly connected".. I haven't played BF3 or CoD3 .. Could someone please explain what it is doing that is so bad?

    Edit: I'm looking more into it now.. Seriously, 95% of the reasons Origin are bad can be summed up to "herp derp I like Steam better" .. lame
    Last edited by KidCracken; 2012-01-16 at 12:38 AM.

  19. #39
    Your going to have to read a little bit more carefully and get a broader understanding of computers.

    "Yes, Origin is required for all PC editions of Mass Effect 3, physical or digital."
    "Users will be allowed to opt-out of Mass Effect 3 data collection from inside the game."

    You missed the difference between me3 data collection and origins collection.


    "In order to allow Origin to install games and their patches for everyone to use, Origin implements a permission change that results in Windows"

    A key that says "patch" is too much work? Also to install games, im still clicking install whether it be off disk or web. This sounds more like an autoinstaller for other stuff, which isnt good seeing how its changed permissions and doesnt show up in my programs. Im thinking the ones it installs wont either.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Your going to have to read a little bit more carefully and get a broader understanding of computers.

    "Yes, Origin is required for all PC editions of Mass Effect 3, physical or digital."
    "Users will be allowed to opt-out of Mass Effect 3 data collection from inside the game."

    You missed the difference between me3 data collection and origins collection.
    LOLwhut? so because I missed the detail of me3 vs origin data collection I don't understand computers?

    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    "In order to allow Origin to install games and their patches for everyone to use, Origin implements a permission change that results in Windows"

    A key that says "patch" is too much work? Also to install games, im still clicking install whether it be off disk or web. This sounds more like an autoinstaller for other stuff, which isnt good seeing how its changed permissions and doesnt show up in my programs. Im thinking the ones it installs wont either.
    maybe you need a broader understanding of computers? or at least read/quote the whole sentence? wtf does that have to do with "a key that says patch"? It's about allowing your computer to install/modify the files.. not about how that process (the installation/patching) is started..

    Basically you are just saying "I don't trust 'em so it's probably spyware", but in reality you know nothing and are just being paranoid

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •