Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The title is a little bit dramatic. While technically true, I could post a thread entitled "FARM COLOR CRYSTALS FOR MILLIONS OF CREDITS!". What I would neglect to mention is that I'd have to do it a LOT of times to earn those crystals.

Still, I checked it out. There was somebody camping him on my first visit. Second visit I took him out (Tele Sage w/Qyzen tanking). Got a nice pair of Orange BoE boots with level 50 mods.

Second and third kills just dropped greens. First kill might have just been good luck.
    Last edited by Llunai; 2012-01-23 at 12:24 AM.

just killed it 6 times to try. a purple artifact mod, 2 x orange blaster rifles, 1 x orange lightsaber, a blue earpiece, and a blue mod.

Giving it a shot now. relogging every 2 kills (seems to have loot on diminishing returns.)
    listing my last 10 kills (figure 10 is a good base number)

1st kill 3,501 credits and green lvl 50 helm. 419 legacy points
    2nd kill 2,190 credits and blue lvl 50 ear piece. 419 legacy points.
    <relog did not swap charcters>
    3rd kill 2,146 credits blue lvl 49 mod, 419 legacy points.
    4th kill 3,103 credits blue lvl 50 belt 419 legacy points.
    <relog>
    5th kill 2,831 credits green lvl 50 legs 491 legacy points.
    6th kill 2,171 credits green lvl 50 boots 491 legacy points.
    <relog>
    7th kill 3,246 credits green lvl 47 weapon 491 legacy points
    8th kill 3,465 credits blue lvl 50 boots 491 legacy points
    <relog>
    9th kill 2,533 credits blue lvl 50 belt 491 legacy points
    10th kill 3,206 CREDITS GREEN LVL 50 gloves 491 legacy points.

from that i get..
    expect average 2.5-2.8k credits per kill + vendor trash greens/blues (since you can get epics for dailies or in instances alot easier) arround 14k

total:28k + 14k roughly from vendoring blues/greens 42k credits for roughly 1 hr killing? (figuring 4 min per kill tops) toss in some creds from slicing on companions not helping you kill it.

overall if you can craft decent gear or consumables that people want you probably will make easier money in the long run that way than killing this boss. time to find others not nerfed yet if you wana continue in this route.

edit: using bioanalasys i got red goo or neurochemical extract.
    Last edited by Arteous; 2012-01-23 at 07:33 AM.

Killed him 4 times while passing in the area, got blue mod, blue earpiece, green crap, nothing. Either i'm unlucky or it was nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Veroly View Post
    In b4 people getting banned for soloing a boss.
    I have been killing this boss at lvl 49-50 (solo) with my BH (kiting FTW) . And that isn't a world boss , it's just a lame champion , I killed tens of thoes from lvl 15-50 . And why would you get banned for killing and NPC , it would be retarded(the drops aren't even that great) , the first 2 times I got 2 blue mods , the third time I got a green belt and the next times some crap blue items (vendor stuff) .

I can definitely tell you that this was not noticed / nerfed as of yet. Funny story I was in bed reading this on my tablet and I jumped out of bed to try it. AS of last night I did this a total of 6 times and got about 2-3k credits per kill, 2 blues 2 purples and 2 oranges (which I can't use). I just tried it again twice and got another orange and a purple mod so it definitely isn't nerfed, just bad luck.

I've been logging out for 5 minutes after each kill not that it helps or not.

I typically kill it 2-3 times a day while doing dailies, typically only get oranges/purples (usually the purples are mods of some sort). Have only gotten blues once or twice, never gotten a green from this guy.

Most oranges will sell on my server for between 40k-85k, most purple mods will sell for 40k-50k, blue items will typically go for between 6k-12k... add that to approx 3k per kill, not a bad find.

I'm guessing either I have exceptional luck (having never gotten a green drop), or others have terrible luck OR... maybe people are killing the wrong mob, as there are other mobs that look just like it in the area. Greymane is usually tucked all the way back in the corner.

Just to add to this I find it funny that this creature is called "Greymane" and is extremely easy to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhaxor View Post
    Just to add to this I find it funny that this creature is called "Greymane" and is extremely easy to kill.
    i played on that server too

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this is the first time I've ever seen the world 'whilst' used correctly on the Internet.

+1, OP

I killed him 3x today and he dropped 2-3.5k creds each time and 3 orange quality weapons.

repost from mmowned