Deleted

Healing warmaster hc, trinkets?

So my guild spent a night on warmaster hc, almost getting to the 2nd phase. However, we're pretty much wiping because people aren't getting topped enough towards the end of phase 1 so we cant really soak any more barrages, have fire everywhere and the onslaught happens in the middle of the fire and we pretty much fall over. It seems like it might be us healers fault, but I don't really know what to do. Do you guys have any tips on general healing on the fight and which gear/spec to use, especially trinkets since I have access to almost every trinket in the game except SoW =(.

I'm most likely healing with a disc priest, if that matters.

Here's my armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/sylvanas/Dubbelfot/advanced (Not enough posts so can't do links, sorry!)

Don't mind my glyphs, did some pvp so got my cleansing glyph. Includes my spec.

1. onslaught / barrages never spawn on fire. This happens during PTR testing only and has been fixed
    2. Any logs o.o?
    3. 25 or 10?

Accession 8/8 US 5th, world 22nd (25man) recruiting for all classes for MoP!!

Deleted
    Well, the onslaught has most often spawned on the other side of the ship, where we've not tanked the adds.
    No logs yet and it's 10man, since we're 2 healing.

I'm more interested in gear choices
    Last edited by mmoc48fa58d72b; 2012-01-15 at 06:27 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Your gear looks great - the trinkets are fine too.

Honestly I doubt the issue is with your gear.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

tell them to move away and not get hit from blad rush

i honestly its isnt gear issue at this point o.o.... u guys healed through ultraxion so ur throughput should be decent at the least. i think its people getting hit by blade rushes that killed ur raid

Accession 8/8 US 5th, world 22nd (25man) recruiting for all classes for MoP!!

Logs would make it a lot easier to comment but; you could probably put epic gems in your belt and cape seeing as they're also BiS but overall gear looks good. Once your group gets better at avoiding blade rush and soaking enough barrages to minimize fire, you'll find it gets easier to heal phase 1. Make sure you are using a consistent CD rotation on the onslaughts as well, that extra 30% hp as you're spreading back out (usually coinciding with a blade rush) really makes it less stressful on healers and helps you conserve a little more mana.
    Otherwise worst case scenario is you wait for a good fire/onslaught placement RNG attempt.

edit: sorry I should have posted my PoV incase it helps - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fg0h8L77m8
    Last edited by PalawinFC; 2012-01-17 at 06:03 AM.

Timing your CDs for the onslaughts is indeed very important.
    I also healed it with a disc priest and we did:
    * 1st onslaught: Aura Mastery
    * 2nd onslaught: nothing
    * 3rd onslaught: Rallying Cry
    * 4th onslaught: Barrier
    * 5th onslaught: Aura Mastery
    Feel free to toss in a few 4piece bonuses from your tanks (we had our DK helping with Vampiric Embrace on 1st and 3rd I think)

People avoiding blade rush is also crucial. I had my Recount set to "Damage taken from Blade Rush" for quite a bit, linking it to the raid after the tries. After 3 or 4 hours of wiping, everyone started to avoid every single of those and it made things much easier.

Also, make sure the dreadblade add is being tanked away from the raid at all times, most importantly when you stack up for onslaughts as it has a very nasty cleave DoT that will make everything harder to heal through.

Finally, you shouldn't have to soack that many barrages throughout the fight and only people with heavy damage mitigation should take those, including DKs with AMS (no damage at all), you with glyphed Divine Protection (throw one heal then PotI will do the rest), shadow priests and tanks in general.

The start of the second phase when Gariona lands on the ship is pretty mana intense so make sure to Plea once or twice during phase 1 to get there with some mana.

I'll release shortly a video of our kill (holy paladin / disc priest) so you can probably check it out for more details

The main issue I have with this fight is dying of boredom as dps die to double charges and having to wipe to a boss we have killed many times :P

Deleted
    Warmaster is just an execution fight mostly. Ppl should avoid all unnessary dmg (blade rush ect) and soke when have either cd on or more then 1 ppl soking + enough health to survive. We are practising Warmaster too and got pretty close (like 3% wipe). We founded that delaying the last drakes kill by letting 1 go out again so we dont have fires on ground when ph2 starts and both elites are dead. Like i said its all about execution so the transission goes smoothly wich makes ph2 alot more easier to handle instead of having raidwide panic with fires/bladerushes/thevoidzoneshitonground and the shockwaves. If all of those are up when ph2 starts it aint easy