Deleted

Monitor not running @ 1920x1080p

Hi, just bought a new monitor from my local store which is a Acer S220HQLbd

reevoo.com/p/acer-s220hqlbd

According to the specs it should run at 1920x1080, and is also a 22" monitor with 16:9 so I dont see why not.

I also saw with my own eyes, this exact monitor in the showroom running at 1920x1080p off some integrated graphics. (I even bought the exact model as it was the last in stock)

when I go to set my Res however I get a max of 1600x900 (16:9) AND 1600x1200 (4:3), BUT when I set it too 1600x900 even, it looks all out of place and doesn't fit on the screen.

I use a HD 5770 that I have been running another monitor at 1920x1080p before so yeah.

It also goes GPU > DVI Adapter > VGA Cable > Monitor, if that may have something to do with it. (Monitor has both a DVI and VGA slot but I dont think I have any DVI cables)

any thoughts on why it's not running at 1920x1080p or even at any 16:9 ratio?

10+ Year Old Account
    I know it sounds simple and technically shouldn't make a difference but, latest drivers?
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

1920x1080 is a digital signal your using an analog VGA cable. Go buy a DVI cable and it will likely auto update to 1920x1080 if not you just right click on your desktop and goto resolution if running windows 7, xp you will open properties and change the resolution. I know this cuz my testing zone is in my living room and my TV only has VGA ports open. It so will not display at 1920x1080 on my tv lol
    Last edited by Milkshake86; 2012-01-15 at 06:25 PM.

VGA still operates up to around 2500x1500 so there shouldnt be a problem hitting 1080p with a VGA cable alone. A lot of retail loops are set for lower resolution. Also, as mentioned, make sure you have the latest CCC drivers. Make sure you set the resolution with CCC, sometimes windows does weird things with resolutions on monitors

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fierae View Post
    I know it sounds simple and technically shouldn't make a difference but, latest drivers?
    Drivers are definitely the first thing to check. If they are up to date (go into the monitor in device manager and right click > Update Driver Software), then try the following solution that has worked for others on another forum:

To correct the "Generic Non-Pnp Monitor" problem, just turn off the computer and monitor, UNPLUG the power for few minutes so that all the capacitors drain in the circuitry of the monitor. You may want to unplug the video cable as well. Then after few minutes, replug cable and power cord, turn on monitor and reboot computer.
    Last edited by mmoc93da00bcb5; 2012-01-15 at 06:31 PM.

Worth mentioning that capacitors will only discharge if you press the power button when the machine is off and unplugged

Still, if the drivers don't fix that, try what Phatt1e suggested

Deleted
    yeah sorry for not monitoring the thread ^^ had to be approved by a mod which took a while.

The updated drivers did in fact fix the problem!

Cheers

Wish my damn Vga cable would produce above 1280x720p cant even see the damn bios when I try to boot up to my TV fucking aweful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    Wish my damn Vga cable would produce above 1280x720p cant even see the damn bios when I try to boot up to my TV fucking aweful.
    Perhaps your TV is just HD and not FullHD (1280x720 vs 1920x1080)? Even so, like you said yourself, a VGA cable can do FullHD no problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Resinderate View Post
    yeah sorry for not monitoring the thread ^^ had to be approved by a mod which took a while.

The updated drivers did in fact fix the problem!

Cheers
    Glad it's fixed!
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

No it's definitely 1080 I can get 1920x1080 is i use HDMI but then i lose my bluray or xbox I tend to watch tv or multigame when raiding. This highlighted segment has brought me to the conclusion that campers play wow.