Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Aside from the people who evidently don't know what trolling is, some fair points here.

As for DPSing through all three expansions, -you- assumed I meant the expacs as they came. I'm talking about from 1-80 through Cataclysm. And if you still can't believe that, sit down and figure out how many dungeons have undead and demons for guaranteed exor crits.

Oh, I have a lock, mage, boomkin, shammie and priest already, still prefer my paly.
    Last edited by mmoc0e75b49109; 2012-01-16 at 07:48 AM.

I feel bad for people who don't believe you could dps as a holy paladin. They missed out on all of the weird and cool things you could do with that game that was wasn't part of blizzard's plan. My guild and I wanted to see smite priest in action, so they let me do it in Kara for awhile. I'd top dps until I completely oomed myself.

Shockadin was never a complete spec, its never been the intention of blizzard...

In dungeons i play my priest as disc and yes it fun to be able to heal and beat some dps but my job is not to dps, my job is to heal (primairly job will be finishing the dungeon though) If you can heal and dps in holy spec, feel free to do so

Lorewise there aint even a shockadin... Prot/ret/holy, thats what paladins are.. and what they should be
    The only reason that druids get a 4th spec is pure based on PVP purposes... lets face it try kill a druid one on one while not being a caster or a DK

A lot of open-minded people in this thread! /sarcasm

Where is it written that holy should forever stay a healer spec?
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by Selgar View Post
    He topped DPS meters in his group of 1..

not a bad troll though.
    Yes, everyone with a different opinion than you or an idea you don't support is a troll. Bravo on your civil open-mindedness.

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't a troll, I remember this from vanilla. Cudos for keeping it up, innovative builds and niche performances used to be quite exciting things to play around with.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really do miss the old shockadin play style & it wouldn't be that hard for them to bring a bit of it back with changes to ret like I mentioned earlier to increase ret's ranged offensive potential. (still wouldn't be anywhere near a true ranged specs potential but would be nice)

& as a byproduct plus they would greatly reduce ret's problems with how easy ti can be made useless by simple kiting or using the method of chain CC and running for distance & do so without having to add an instant gap closer.
    Last edited by zcks; 2012-01-16 at 12:05 PM.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Deleted
    i stil remember once going to an instance with a pair of disco+ holy pally dps i was ret due to keeping judge of crusader and sanctity aura up basicaly we each made the other viable as back then and how judgement of wisdom worked ( and i had the BoW book from the raids for more mp5) it meant they both lasted longer before ooming.

They could do this. Just like they could make an enh. tanking spec. Since they're implementing 4 'spec's for Druids, there's 0 excuse not to give other hybrids similar flexibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceresc View Post
    Also you topped dps in the previous 3 expansions?

Yes, yes I did this too and it was fun. From lvl 1 to lvl 80, I spam my holy spells and rock my wings and glory in my ability to pull with an Exo, Judge, Holy Shock, (on the run) and smack with a Hammer before it even reaches me. Unfortunately, Exorcism doesn't scale after 80 and that makes me a sad Pally.
    You say you 'topped the meters' in the 3 previous expansions, then go on the explain how you 'pulled', as a holy shockadin, and 'stunned' with a hammer before it 'reached' you. This sounds like you're talking about solo play - you don't pull as a DPS, you also don't regularly 'stun' before they reach you - as they should not be chasing you in the first place and the majority of bosses if not all are stun immune.

Also saying you love playing Paladin - doesn't the fact that you replied in this thread supporting OP's cause mean that you actually DONT enjoy playing a Paladin? As it does not support the type of play that you desire?

10+ Year Old Account
    I do have to say, we lack a pure Holy caster class... There are 3 trees who are able to attack with holy damage for sub-par output, and 1 Melee tree (ret) that you should play when you want to be a Holy DPS class... It's a niche that could use filling up, if it weren't for Monk, it could have been the thing for the new xpac :/
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Well, its something Blizzard should do in the future! Add a fourth paladin talent tree, call it "Exorcist", and slap on with ranged Holy dps (Always wanted it)

I never said you couldn't dps as a shockadin. I just do not believe your fantasmagorical claims of topping the damage meters. Show me one WoL report where you were in a competent group and topped the damage meters. It just did not happen unless every fight you were in lasted less than 20 seconds. Sustained dps as a shockadin has never been even close to top of the meters.

Funny, before that dead "which healer you hate to fight" thread closed, I was discussing how I can still DPS down people in 1v1's. Shockadin is Still dangerous
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i once played a retri paladin and i hated it, so i started playing mage again
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoonalol View Post
    wat are the 2 gob mounts.. i only know the trike

Hasn't blizzard already said no to this and referred to druids? Also, more different specs will only cause even more difficulties balancing them. And blizz is having a rough enough time with what they ahve
    No thanks

Also, we all "love our class I justw ish I could change it into what I think is perfect"
    Last edited by Swaggah; 2012-01-16 at 03:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was fun while it lasted, but the times are changing D:

Do what you enjoy though and if it works for ya, then it works for ya!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Selgar View Post
    I never said you couldn't dps as a shockadin. I just do not believe your fantasmagorical claims of topping the damage meters. Show me one WoL report where you were in a competent group and topped the damage meters. It just did not happen unless every fight you were in lasted less than 20 seconds. Sustained dps as a shockadin has never been even close to top of the meters.
    Why is it impossible to believe a Shock can do top DPS in WoE? There is no CD on Exorcism any more, the dungeon is filled with Demons for guaranteed crits, so your sustained dps claim is now crap.
    If I link you a ss, will you just say my team is incompetent?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narveid View Post
    Well, its something Blizzard should do in the future! Add a fourth paladin talent tree, call it "Exorcist", and slap on with ranged Holy dps (Always wanted it)
    Agreed. I'd totally drop my Ret off-spec to pick up Exorcist. Not only that, it'd give another spec to INT plate. I remember having an entire Holy set in the Naxx days for the simple fact that we didn't need the Enchanting mats and I might possibly want to try testing Holy in the future at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggah View Post
    Hasn't blizzard already said no to this and referred to druids? Also, more different specs will only cause even more difficulties balancing them. And blizz is having a rough enough time with what they ahve
    True, but this is just the first iteration of class changes in to the MoP paradigm. It's entirely possible that they'd add a fourth spec to the remaining 9 classes, they'd just need to brainstorm them. If anything, adding more specs will be easier to balance because of the new system.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Quote Originally Posted by Exordin View Post
    Why is it impossible to believe a Shock can do top DPS in WoE? There is no CD on Exorcism any more, the dungeon is filled with Demons for guaranteed crits, so your sustained dps claim is now crap.
    If I link you a ss, will you just say my team is incompetent?
    Sustained dps IE boss fight or a fight that lasts longer than about 3 min. Exorcism costs 30% base mana now so you get maybe what 15 total casts before you are oom (I think holy pallys have about 150kish mana now?). Exor hits for what 30k + crit 60k x 15 casts = 900k damage if chain casting is 30 ish seconds depending on haste is 30k DPS.

You are "topping" the meters because you are doing dungeons and there are no fights that last longer than about a minute so you have no degredation of dps. After about 45 seconds max you will be unable to chain cast and your dps goes in the toilet. The bottom line is that chain casting Exorcism as holy is not viable past about 45 seconds and thus your pretty much sole source of dps is virtually gone. Is it fun sure, will people WTF you when they look at the meters? yes, but dont for a second think it is viable for anything remotely resembling a real fight.