Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Yeah its pretty bad right now, I'm Lennis but here it is.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/p...um/damageDone/
    God that ret paladin must be horrible or horribly under geared, you came pretty close to beating him with exorcism spam as holy.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Deleted
    I currently have an 85 exorcist, and it really kinda does feel like its own spec right now except for the fact that it does very little damage compared to other damage dealers, if you want, I can put some numbers up on WoL, and post it here, showing exactly how it works currently, and show what it can currently do. Its not that bad, when I've gone in LFR, I always beat some baddies with my spec.

Heres an Armory of my guy

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ennis/advanced
    Yeah its pretty bad right now, I'm Lennis but here it is.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/p...um/damageDone/
    In all fairness, I never said Holy works in a raid environment, I said I hope it could be. I do however urge people to try it in WoE and/or battlegrounds.

And yes. One bad Retadin...
    Last edited by mmoc0e75b49109; 2012-01-22 at 09:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A holy caster dps spec? If it made sense for any class to get one, it'd be priests. Paladins are weapon-based and use magic as an enhancement to their abilities, they don't stand back behind others, smite shit from afar, and avoid physical contact at all costs. Priests on the other hand prance about in robes, using just their magic mainly while wielding a dainty little mace or staff just in case, but mostly just for looks. Both use the light, only one of them is an iconic caster class and if you ask me, paladins really have no business being given a caster spec. Square peg, round hole.

I understand people have love for niche mechanics (shockadin, enh tank), but I think it's really the novelty they love, not the actual idea itself. Me? I don't hate the novelty, I just think it's a poor fit lorewise/gameplay-wise. Enhance tanks I could kinda see...maybe an earthwarder type of tank that uses the earth element to strengthen themselves with extra armor/health or what not, but dps paladins...ehhhhh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    A holy caster dps spec? If it made sense for any class to get one, it'd be priests. Paladins are weapon-based and use magic as an enhancement to their abilities, they don't stand back behind others, smite shit from afar, and avoid physical contact at all costs.

Some of what you said like ^ this does make some sense.

However there are reasons both lore wise & class balance wise why paladins could get more offensive ranged potential & frankly if any spec of paladin were to get more offensive abilities it should be ret.

Lore wise in both the novels & the lore there is mention of paladins being able to smite enemies at a range at a split seconds notice with just the point of a finger & sometimes a short prayer. Off the top of my head one of the earliest examples would be in the novel beyond the dark portal when Turaylon turned a member of the advance hore attackers into dust with just the point of his finger.

Class balance wise it also makes allot of sense for ret because blizzard is intent on not giving them an instant gap closer (something they have admitted is a necessity for a melee to be competitive in PVP). Without such a tool ret's gap closing abilities fall short of other melee, especially since most of it's tools can be easily dispelled by any mage, hunter, shaman, priest, felhunter pet or prot warrior by a single button press.
    So what would it hurt to let the spec to be able to do a half decent amount of ranged damage ? I'm not talking about being truly competitive with true ranged specs here just enough to fill the itch for a "Shockadin" playstyle & enough to help reduce the effects of gap creating effects.

It wouldn't even be that hard to do either just do a couple things

1: Slightly lower the mana cost of exorcism, to say around 5k mana at 85. (this would prevent it from being spammed due to it being of a decent sized mana cost but still allow it to be used in circumstances when you have nothing else.)

2: Modify the talent "The Art of War", make it so it causes exorcism to always be instant & so that it has a flat % chance to be triggered by any special attack but only does double damage, grants a charge of holy power & costs no mana when it is used with it's proc.

After that the itch for a "Shockadin" play style is solved & as a plus ret will not be easy to make offensively impotent via simple kiting techniques.

(also note that if this were to happen I'm pretty sure that allot of ret paladins would be gladly willing to give up access to talents like last word & selfless healer because they would no longer be dependent upon being an off healer for PVP)
    Last edited by zcks; 2012-01-23 at 05:45 AM.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

I got some new gear, I'm gona have to try this again this week.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.