Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Heppu View Post
    I completely agree with this. First 2-3 months of Cataclysm were pure gold, nothing during Wotlk came even close to this (Well, maybe Ulduar...). It's really sad if they've really given up with that type of content and just slap a "challenge" mode to replace it.
    It seems that people with a solid 10/25 man guild keep getting less and less content every patch.
    Maybe it's because they realized that most players aren't in solid 10/25 guilds, and yet a disproportionate amount of every patch is content for these people. So blizz decided to devote development time to cover a larger group of their players

Challange mode will be players stacking the right classes to cheese mechanics and farming instances for gear with the perfect secondary stats. It won't be the best players that get rank 1.Inb4 druid/rogue/hunter party skipping all trash.

Slow news err month? I don't think there's been anything newsworthy on the front page for roughly that long now I think.

Deleted
    Wow... I can't believe how little they thought this through. How are you meant to get a good time on your leaderboard if you get a stacking debuff merely from attempts? After 2-3 attempts of getting gold you are basically out of the competition, your first would have to be your best. Doesn't seem like something you can spend a lot of time on...
    Last edited by mmoc63f52cb002; 2012-01-16 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
    Wow... I can't believe how little they thought this through. How are you meant to get a good time on your leaderboard if you get a stacking debuff merely from attempts? After 2-3 attempts you are basically out of the competition, your first would have to be your best.Doesn't seem like something you can spend a lot of time on...
    It'll probably involve some sort of point system where you get a certain score for your time and extra for however many stacks of the debuff you have. Or separate leader boards for each stack, or something like that.

Deleted
    I definitely hope so - they make no mention of it though.

On one of the screeen shots it says " make skill matter more than gear"I am willing to bet that people will QQ that they are casual (but in reality will be bad) and they do not have the time to inviset is learning the dungeons well enough to compete for a medal but they pay their sub so should have a shot.

Lol....sooo I have to run samething over and over and over again.....for transmogrification items. Am I the only one that think blizzard has nothing good to come up with...1st it was pokemon now this....time to try Star Wars.

15+ Year Old Account
    Easy heroics, makes sense... oh wait no it does not.

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

Deleted
    Normalizing gear levels. Am I right to understand that the item level of gear will somehow me temporarily modified eg. lowered ? How will that work with things like hit and expertise cap ? And to me personally, haste break points of HoTs and DoTs ?I would assume lower item levels would mean a reduction in statistics, which royally messes druids up. Same would go for DPS, no longer reaching hit and exp caps.Or will they perhaps not mess with those statistics ? And make haste the go to attribute for anyone doing a challenge mode ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mortisia View Post
    Easy heroics, makes sense... oh wait no it does not.
    makes perfect sence to me as a raider i dont wan be stuck in a heroic for over 2 hrs i wana be raiding

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol...it would seem that Skyshatter is definitely a popular set for shaman :-) Even moreso than T2/recolor for pallies!

Quote Originally Posted by MapleMeringue View Post
    Also,

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2053469

Still laughing, funny how fast game design and integrity goes out the window when you lose some, heck possibly unrelated, subscriptions.
    When Ghostcrawler wrote that post around this time last year, it warmed my heart that Blizzard didn't give in to all the mindless QQ of people who wanted to faceroll themselves to epics. They actually had a spine and stood in for what they had made and what their intentions were with it.

Now, with LFR and these announcements, that spirit seems to have completely and utterly, vanished in thin air.
    Last edited by Draenox; 2012-01-16 at 01:26 AM.

DDO just released something like this roughly ~4 months ago and there was minimal hype about it there and I'm a tad skeptical about it on WoW. I really hope this allows players to CHOOSE if they want to be in a group with the challenge mode, because, for one, I do NOT want to get in a dungeon every time only to have the already-skipping-every-side-boss-for-challenge-timer-lol!!1!!

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    makes perfect sence to me as a raider i dont wan be stuck in a heroic for over 2 hrs i wana be raiding
    No, it doesn't make sense. It shouldn't make sense either.

Why on Pantheons torn Azeroth would they call it a heroic when it's not even near close to heroic?

A real heroic was in the Burning Crusade when stuff actually took skill and thought to beat. Not this crap that you zip through while alt tabbing a browsing the web because it's piss easy.

Quote Originally Posted by LemonBabby View Post
    No, it doesn't make sense. It shouldn't make sense either.

Why on Pantheons torn Azeroth would they call it a heroic when it's not even near close to heroic?

A real heroic was in the Burning Crusade when stuff actually took skill and thought to beat. Not this crap that you zip through while alt tabbing a browsing the web because it's piss easy.
    Players who play Heroic 5 mans as their only endgame content are an extreeemmeeellyy small amount, especially now with advent of the LFR. Heroics are a stepping stone to raiding. Most raiders despise the long heroics since they dont' want to be wasting their time doing a 2 hour run even after 8 months into an expansion just to snag some gear on the alt or to plow through for quick last minute points. The only players who actually want heroics to be extremely difficult are the extremely vocal minority in the elitist crowd. Not the casual players. Not the actual raiders. The same players calling for the extremely long and painful heroics are the same players who claimed raiding was too easy in wrath and were then bitching when Blizz upped the difficulty.

If the two large segments of your playerbase want them to be relatively fast, that's the route they'll go. They learned their lesson about caving to a vocal super minority.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2012-01-16 at 01:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    Players who play Heroic 5 mans as their only endgame content are an extreeemmeeellyy small amount, especially now with advent of the LFR. Heroics are a stepping stone to raiding. Most raiders despise the long heroics since they dont' want to be wasting their time doing a 2 hour run even after 8 months into an expansion just to snag some gear on the alt or to plow through for quick last minute points. The only players who actually want heroics to be extremely difficult are the extremely vocal minority in the elitist crowd. Not the casual players. Not the actual raiders. The same players calling for the extremely long and painful heroics are the same players who claimed raiding was too easy in wrath and were then bitching when Blizz upped the difficulty.

If the two large segments of your playerbase want them to be relatively fast, that's the route they'll go. They learned their lesson about caving to a vocal super minority.
    You are the proof to what is starting to become the norm.

And it's not what it needs to be.

I'm pretty sure you didn't play in BC as it's being hinted in your post. In BC, heroics were difficult. They required CC, which isn't even relevant anymore, they needed tanks to be on their toes, to which now they do an AOE spell and then alt tab, and just overall requiring you to play for what their name stands for: Heroic.

If you don't want things that take a long time because of your little "tight" raiding schedule, then that is what normal dungeons were for. That is what it was for in BC. That's how things went down. When you wanted something difficult you chose the heroic option instead.

This is primarily why a lot of people in the comments are distraught. Challenge mode heroics WOULD be fun, if infact the heroics weren't MIND NUMBINGLY boring. And with the talk of them going back to WotLK it'll only get worse. Now it'll be who can AOE hallways the fastest.

idk about you guys but it all comes down to if you don't like it go somewhere else or shut up and deal with it we don't want to hear your QQ

This seems fine by me. I didn't have a problem with heroic dungeons being hard, so long as the reward was proportional to he challenge. If the 3 deathwing dungeons were harder, I would not have minded as they rewarded 378 level loot which is on par with regular raid loot from the previous tier. The troll randoms in contrast had very poor loot for the challenge they put forth. It was a meager half tier higher then the blues available from the beginning but were poorly optimized. I didn't feel much incentive to get rid of my 346 level 3.80 speed sword of the bottomless pit for some lame ass 353 weapon with 3.60 speed. That shit barely averages out to a side grade, never mind having to eat the fun costs of regemming and enchanting all that gear that was only a smidge higher in item level then what you had already. The biggest problem though likely stemmed from how Blizzard dolled out that lawl 353 loot right on the eve of Firelands that sported 378's. Troll randoms would have been better received if they had 359 ilevel or at the very least were as optimal as the blues we wore already, to eat both just made it not worth it. Heck, even if troll randoms were available from release that would have at least have served as a gap filler inbetween the starter heroics and raids. Dropping them on us when Firelands are getting patched in in a few weeks however is a little too little too late to care.
    Last edited by Merie; 2012-01-16 at 02:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm all for bringing back WotLK difficulty now that Blizzard has plans for "challenge mode" dungeons. It means that there will be less validity (if there ever was) to claims coming from those who want a heroic-raid difficulty applied to the heroic dungeons.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Some people have a long-term memory problem. I recall players shuddering at Halls of Stone, swearing off Oculus, wanting a fort buff for Loken from Halls of Lightning, needing a hunter for Slad'ran of Gun'drak, or the rage-quitting when you got one of the ICC 5-mans. Or hey, that one pack of mobs in Drak'theron Keep that feared you into more mobs. Remember that?

I did all the dungeons when they were fresh content. By the time we were 6 months into Icecrown Citadel, I was enjoying zooming through the instances because I felt I had earned it. Then Cataclysm came along with its nerfs to healers and AoE, and while it can be said that dungeons have become easier as we overgear them, we've never been able to ignore a mechanic since. Now, I'm not for rendering the concept of mechanics entirely obsolete but I also feel cheated somewhat.

/rant

Moving more on topic... I'm surprised that so few shaman went for the T2 set. Guess that make me one of the more unique.
    Last edited by Alayea; 2012-01-16 at 02:13 AM.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn