Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Mists of Pandaria Challenge Mode Dungeons, Class Transmogrification List

Mists of Pandaria: Challenge Mode Dungeons
    We will hear more about Mists of Pandaria in the upcoming weeks, but while we are waiting for new announcements we can review the new Challenge Mode dungeons that are coming in Mists of Pandaria.

Previous Coverage:

Challenge Mode Dungeons
    • Heroic mode dungeons will not be as difficult as they were in Cataclysm, instead they will be similar to the Wrath of the Lich King level difficulty.
    • Challenge Mode dungeons will require you to complete a dungeon in a certain amount of time to win a medal and other rewards, similar to the Zul'Aman timed run for the bear mount.
    • There are Bronze, Silver, Gold medals that will be earned based on the amount of time taken to complete the dungeon.
    • You gear levels are normalized by reducing your overall item level to a set level so that everyone is on equal gear footing.
    • There will be no way to get better gear and just overpower the challenge.
    • Completing the Challenge on gold will incur a stacking debuff on future attempts: it’ll start with a 5% debuff, but if you manage to finish with a gold medal time on that run you’ll receive a 10% debuff on your next run, and so on.
    • The challenges will reward unique gear for transmogrification and valor points.
    • Other possible rewards include pets, mounts, titles, and achievements depending on your score.
    • A new challenge dungeons UI will be added, allowing you to check your medals, ranking, show what rewards you can unlock, and more.
    • There will be realm wide leaderboards that allow you to compete with your friends, guild, or everyone!
    • Challenge Mode will work only on Pandaria dungeons at the beginning.
    • Challenge Mode dungeons will use the Dungeon Finder tool.
    • It is possible that the system could be expanded to raids in the future.

Class Transmogrification List
    With the popularity of our previous weapon transmogrification list, we have expanded the list to more slots for each class. Because these lists are so long and take some time to prepare, the lists will be split into groups of a few classes at a time. Today we finish with Shaman and Hunters. If you would like to see other transmogrification data, let us know in the comments.

This time around items that share the same model and color are counted together in the rankings as often as possible, but not items that have different color variations of the same model.

All of the items in the list have screenshots on the database page if you are looking for some transmogrification ideas!

Hunter
    Chest Feet Hands
    Gronnstalker's Chestguard Guardian's Chain Sabatons Brutal Gladiator's Chain Gauntlets
    Brutal Gladiator's Chain Armor Gronnstalker's Boots Gronnstalker's Gloves
    Demon Stalker Harness Giantstalker's Boots Sanctified Ahn'Kahar Blood Hunter's Handguards
    Dragonstalker's Breastplate Rock-Steady Treads Giantstalker's Gloves
    Longstrider's Vest Dragonstalker's Greaves Dragonstalker's Gauntlets
    Head Legs MainHand
    Brutal Gladiator's Chain Helm Brutal Gladiator's Chain Leggings Brutal Gladiator's Painsaw
    Crown of Destruction Gronnstalker's Leggings Lok'delar, Stave of the Ancient Keepers
    Gronnstalker's Helmet Draconic Bonesplinter Legguards Hellreaver
    Ahn'Kahar Blood Hunter's Headpiece Demon Stalker Greaves Black Ice
    Demon Stalker Greathelm Dragonstalker's Legguards Halberd of Desolation
    Shoulder Waist Wrist
    Brutal Gladiator's Chain Spaulders Gronnstalker's Belt Gronnstalker's Bracers
    Gronnstalker's Spaulders Band of the Night Raven Dragonstalker's Bracers
    Ahn'Kahar Blood Hunter's Spaulders Dragonstalker's Belt Giantstalker's Bracers
    Merciless Gladiator's Chain Spaulders Giantstalker's Belt Ruthless Gladiator's Wristguards of Accuracy
    Rift Stalker Mantle Guardian's Chain Girdle Scourge Hunter's Vambraces

Shaman
    Chest Feet Hands
    Skyshatter Chestguard Skyshatter Boots Skyshatter Gloves
    Vengeful Gladiator's Mail Armor Earthfury Boots Vengeful Gladiator's Linked Gauntlets
    Brutal Gladiator's Mail Armor Greaves of Ten Storms Brutal Gladiator's Mail Gauntlets
    Sanctified Frost Witch's Hauberk Guardian's Mail Sabatons Sanctified Frost Witch's Gloves
    Earthfury Vestments Earthsoul Boots Frost Witch's Grips
    Head Legs MainHand
    Skyshatter Helmet Skyshatter Leggings Wrathful Gladiator's Cleaver
    Vengeful Gladiator's Mail Helm Sanctified Frost Witch's Legguards Netherbane
    Frost Witch's Faceguard Frost Witch's War-Kilt Frost Giant's Cleaver
    Sanctified Frost Witch's Headpiece Cyclone Legguards Brutal Gladiator's Pummeler
    Crown of Destruction Brutal Gladiator's Ringmail Leggings Swiftsteel Bludgeon
    Shoulder Waist Wrist
    Skyshatter Shoulderpads Skyshatter Belt Skyshatter Bracers
    Vengeful Gladiator's Linked Spaulders Deathspeaker Disciple's Belt Earthfury Bracers
    Brutal Gladiator's Mail Spaulders Earthfury Belt Bracers of Ten Storms
    Frost Witch's Spaulders Firemend Cinch Skyshatter Wristguards
    Sanctified Frost Witch's Spaulders Guardian's Mail Girdle Coldwraith Bracers

Deleted
    Why Wotlk Diificulties

15+ Year Old Account
    Stop making me excited for nothing :P

Quote Originally Posted by Giise View Post
    Why Wotlk Diificulties
    Probably because a large portion of the player base complains about dungeons being too hard, while another complains about them being too easy.

Perhaps with challenge mode dungeons and heroics back to easy, they can appease both sets.

trolled again....this isn't WoLK difficulties, these challenge modes will allow you to avoid that if you wish.

I'm really curious about this. Can't wait to try it out!

So even easier heroics in MoP, why? Challenge mode sounds it was just stolen from Guild Wars, but I am ok with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroic Raids > Normal Raids > Challenge Modes > LFR > Heroic Dungeons > Normal Dungeons

Can't wait to try this out (to be fair I say that about everything in this expansion), should be interesting how this turns out in the end, especially with PuG runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Illuminance View Post
    Probably because a large portion of the player base complains about dungeons being too hard, while another complains about them being too easy.

Perhaps with challenge mode dungeons and heroics back to easy, they can appease both sets.
    Thats half of it. The other reason is that the players who actually like challenging stuff spend half their time moaning about how random PuGs are all stupid and dumb people who can't move out of fire. Obviously to make the experience more pleasant for both kinds of people, it has to be easy enough so random PuGs dont constantly cause wipes and slow down the rest of the group, and so they actually can enjoy themselves. Both skilled and unskilled people should have a more pleasant time doing random PuGs.

And the challenge modes are to compensate for the low difficulty. To give experienced and skilled players something to do. Not to mention the unique mogging gear rewards. You know how people always say "every one looks the same, I remember the days when full tier sets were rare!" Well the few people who manage to do perfect runs through challenge modes will be able to be special snowflakes and rare occurrences that will cause onlookers to gaze upon them and be impressed by their rare gear.

---------- Post added 2012-01-15 at 08:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cheebie View Post
    Heroic Raids > Normal Raids > Challenge Modes > LFR > Heroic Dungeons > Normal Dungeons

Can't wait to try this out (to be fair I say that about everything in this expansion), should be interesting how this turns out in the end, especially with PuG runs.
    Progression will probably be more like this:

Normal Dungeons < Heroic Dungeons < Normal Raids < Heroic Raids

and Challenge dungeons/LFR will be optional side things, not things you grind until you acquire the gear for the next step.

I want to see hunter bows!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been a really slow few weeks of news.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    Progression will probably be more like this:

Normal Dungeons < Heroic Dungeons < Normal Raids < Heroic Raids

and Challenge dungeons/LFR will be optional side things, not things you grind until you acquire the gear for the next step.
    Yes, I meant difficulty wise instead of gear progression. Should be interesting to see how the gear/mounts etc. turn out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn it. I thought there was new news. =/ i just want something to tide me over.... something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    Stop making me excited for nothing :P
    what they said

Deleted
    so it is not possible to improve your time when you get gold once cuz of the 5% debuff? or is there a leaderboard for evry percentage?

The only problems I had early on with heroic dungeon difficulties were that the transition from LOL-Faceroll to wipefest was a little too short. And the gear didn't scale quite as quickly. So it took lots and lots of mindless farming to even get to where you could even attempt a heroic. That coupled with taking forever to find a group if you weren't a tank or a healer made it somewhat suck for the casual player. That's assuming some elitist tank prick didn't kick you for only barely meeting the gearscore prior to the first pull. I used to tow low geared players through heroics all the time. It was actually one of the more fun things I did during little random between raid times. I'm excited to see these difficulty changes for the broad player base overall.

Dungeons challenges mode sucks alots...Blizz fail again

What happens when we go over all the MoP stuff. Its halfway through the month and they have yet the release anything. What meanies =(

WOTLK dungeon challenges? You mean when you could simply run into whatever trash packs with no CC needed at all and simply AoE everything? And then pull and oneshot bosses without really having no idea for strategy or abilities? No thanks.