Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    [...]But as they're encouraging people to use the LFG tool to do this, won't your score always only be as good as the lowest common denominator you're randomly grouped with?
    Unless the LFG tool will be updated to allow queueing specifically for timed runs, we will likely be stuck with the everyday-sunday-drivers in LFG groups who can't be arsed. I'm pretty sure one can still queue for LFG with a team of 5 realm-only people too though? They couldn't possibly expect us to attempt serious timed runs with LFG only groups.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    I hope they're considering this ahead of time.
    They could fix it easily enough by linking the intended pack pulls to the nearest boss, but if the first list of gold medal runs consists only of rogues and druids we know what happened. :P
    Last edited by Calamari; 2012-01-15 at 09:57 PM.

Will you people stop getting caught up on that ONE bullet point saying "Wrath Difficulties." Did you miss the part about "challenge dungeons"????? D:

BNahhh screw it.. Just get the damn beta going!!

Quote Originally Posted by Guuggel View Post
    Kinda meh, imo
    Agreed.
    SHOW US THE REST OF THE TALENTS AND CLASS CHANGES X_x

Deleted
    Damn it's nice change to drop them to Wotlk difficulty, now I can run couple of dungeons after work day, not just one. Just dont got enough time for those 2 hour long dungeons.

---------- Post added 2012-01-16 at 12:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Klasis View Post
    What happens when we go over all the MoP stuff. Its halfway through the month and they have yet the release anything. What meanies =(
    Maybe they're too busy to actually make the expansion instead of raporting of their progress.

Deleted
    Looks awesome to me, also adding leaderbords seems like a cool plan (:

challenge modes = no need to upgrade gearno need to upgrade gear = loss of purpose for many playersloss of purpose for many players = less subscriptionsthereforechallenge modes = less subscriptions

Challenges are now known as "The Dungeons formerly known as Heroic". The whole game has become more or less a joke. I seriously cannot wait for D3 launch to end my pain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Idletime View Post
    Challenges are now known as "The Dungeons formerly known as Heroic". The whole game has become more or less a joke. I seriously cannot wait for D3 launch to end my pain.
    You could also just not play the game, don't have to wait for D3

Deleted
    "Heroic mode dungeons will not be as difficult as they were in Cataclysm, instead they will be similar to the Wrath of the Lich King level difficulty."will not be as difficult as they were in CataclysmWhat? Difficult in cata? Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by vazar_da_priest View Post
    challenge modes = no need to upgrade gearno need to upgrade gear = loss of purpose for many playersloss of purpose for many players = less subscriptionsthereforechallenge modes = less subscriptions
    Are you kidding? The challenge mode is an extra thing to make heroics as hard as, and even harder, than cata heroics.
    You will still need gear for raids.

Edit: Also forgot to say that with the item normalization they will actually require SKILL!
    Last edited by Baracuda; 2012-01-15 at 10:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Beta for MoP hasnt even started but everybody agrees that it's going to be bad. If I had time and money Id love to play MoP. Btw why are there no bows/range weapons listed for the hunter transmog list ?

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, I don't get why they are nerfing heroic difficulty. They should be harder than they were in Cata. Original BC heroic difficulty was perfect.

Now that they obviously can scale gear based on iLvl, why not just apply the raid gear scaling system to 5-mans? The name "heroic" wouldn't quite mean the same, but you'd have:

LFD: Just like LFR, this provides a cross-realm queue for finding other players to do 5-mans. Loot quality is a full tier below the current normal-mode raid loot. VP available as it is currently.

Normal: Just like normal raids, there is no automated cross-realm queuing system for these. They are of superior difficulty to LFD versions, and loot quality is a half-tier below the current normal-mode raid loot. Same VP as LFD.

Heroic: Same deal, but even harder and loot quality would be equal to the current normal-mode raid loot. Same VP as LFD and Normal mode.

The scaling can be built around - just like LFR/normal/heroic raiding - the addition or subtraction of things like: individual boss mechanics, mob health, damage output, etc. Can even cheese it with group buffs/debuffs if balancing looks too hard.

This solves the same problem LFR solved, allowing Blizzard to develop truly challenging and rewarding content without totally leaving bad players (or casual players who just want to farm quick VP a few times per week) in the dust.
    Last edited by videotape; 2012-01-15 at 10:26 PM.

I'm missing something Chaud, and you damn well know what it is...What is the top-list for Ranged weapon transmo's for hunters?!

Quote Originally Posted by videotape View Post
    You know, I don't get why they are nerfing heroic difficulty. They should be harder than they were in Cata. Original BC heroic difficulty was perfect.

Now that they obviously can scale gear based on iLvl, why not just apply the raid gear scaling system to 5-mans? The name "heroic" wouldn't quite mean the same, but you'd have:

LFD: Just like LFR, this provides a cross-realm queue for finding other players to do 5-mans. Loot quality is a full tier below the current normal-mode raid loot. VP available as it is currently.

Normal: Just like normal raids, there is no automated cross-realm queuing system for these. They are of superior difficulty to LFD versions, and loot quality is a half-tier below the current normal-mode raid loot. Same VP as LFD.

Heroic: Same deal, but even harder and loot quality would be equal to the current normal-mode raid loot. Same VP as LFD and Normal mode.
    Good idea but they should just skip the normal version option and make it the heroic option(so LFD is still normal but gear is inferior to raid gear).
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

So dungeons are going back to 15 minute faceroll AoE fests? Great...
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    So dungeons are going back to 15 minute faceroll AoE fests? Great...
    The current heroics aren't even that. Barely any trash at all, just lots of RP and quick boss kills.

Blizzard, why do you insist on making this game easy mode for the 'tards to come in and screw everyone else over, who takes the time to learn their class, play the game, gear, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Horseface View Post
    Damn it's nice change to drop them to Wotlk difficulty, now I can run couple of dungeons after work day, not just one. Just dont got enough time for those 2 hour long dungeons.
    Are you kidding ? 2 hours long dungeons ? In my world it's already more like 15-20min long dungeons now, and they're still a bit harder than WotLK's ; except they're shorter.
    And even if you're talking about original Cataclysm difficulty, it was quite rare. Most of the time it took me around 40-45min with PuGs.

Deleted
    im interested in what kind of transmog sets and pets you can get from the challanges... hopefully not recolored "old" stuff..