Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    So for last night I went holy. Just to give it a fair go for Heroic Spine. I will say it was proficient on plasma and the hymn after the 2nd roll was nice. However, healing was not as comfortable? There was no buffer, it felt rushed, and spikey (more so than normal). I stand by I feel disc would be better for this encounter, and every other heroic in 10m (imo).

Quote Originally Posted by Ayita View Post
    So for last night I went holy. Just to give it a fair go for Heroic Spine. I will say it was proficient on plasma and the hymn after the 2nd roll was nice. However, healing was not as comfortable? There was no buffer, it felt rushed, and spikey (more so than normal). I stand by I feel disc would be better for this encounter, and every other heroic in 10m (imo).
    Gah, sorry for the delayed reply. Past couple days at work have had me a sort of creepy thing you'd expect to see in a Resident Evil. You know, a good one, like 1-3. I'm talking about the games, of course.

As far as Bradyznz's question: 10-man heroic and myself, I can honestly and openly admit not a lot, seeing as I'm fully immersed into the 25s scene for Dragon Soul. I was challenging the notion that there's been no one doing it, just because logs aren't public. I've been in quite a few guilds that never publicized their logs, whether they were top-100 or post-nerf guilds. I just challenge the notion that Discipline is better at all things all the time, and that comfort level happens to be a big factor with specs. I happen to theorize that most 10-man dedicated Priests have an extreme grasp of Discipline, much higher than Holy, so unless Holy was ridiculously overpowered for a certain fight they'd never end up switching. A theory, nothing more. You can't play Cause and Effect from logs when there's more variables involved.

Back to a slightly more related tangent, something feeling rushed and spiky is something that I myself am generally comfortable with, whereas Discipline is quite meticulous in pacing out a fight to a standardized level with extreme prejudice. I can't really see Holy being better on 10-man fights, I just see it holding equal ground on some of them (with gearing and comfort level allowing one to perform better/worse than another), and by the time that the average Priest gets to the content (Aspect's Icewell Radiance?), that gearing/comfort level will be more of a factor than what composition top guilds used to get there.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    ... I was challenging the notion that there's been no one doing it, just because logs aren't public. I've been in quite a few guilds that never publicized their logs, whether they were top-100 or post-nerf guilds. I just challenge the notion that Discipline is better at all things all the time, and that comfort level happens to be a big factor with specs. I happen to theorize that most 10-man dedicated Priests have an extreme grasp of Discipline, much higher than Holy, so unless Holy was ridiculously overpowered for a certain fight they'd never end up switching. A theory, nothing more. You can't play Cause and Effect from logs when there's more variables involved.
    I never said no one was trying holy spec for this, quite the opposite in fact. When you have 100+ attempts to get this, you would be very naive to think 10man priests weren't coming up with similar theories to yourself, looking at both specs and creating specs just for this encounter - the difference is they have put them into practice Healing 10man can be very different to 25man.

For 5/8 HC it doesn't matter which spec you play, and I would encourage people to give holy a go given how long it's been since both specs were so equal.

For Spine HC it's AA/A Disc. Atonement heals target players with plasma, and having PW:Barrier with strong shields for that third roll is just better than having increased throughput for the duration.

For what it's worth, once 8/8 HC is cleared I'm going holy 8)

So far i have found disc best for most of the fights. I've done 6/8 heroics so far and only used holy for hagara.