Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Willeonge View Post
    You're all really good cooks.
    So, I've been staring at your avatar for a solid two minutes, and I've got to ask...wtf is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaalu View Post
    So, I've been staring at your avatar for a solid two minutes, and I've got to ask...wtf is it?
    I'm going to take the Willeonge Challenge.

Horses head?
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

I refer to groups of people as "guys." In that context, there's really no gender specificity. It's just a colloquialism. Anyone who gets uptight about it is just looking for a reason to complain, IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik765 View Post
    Move to texas so you can say y'all instead?
    You got that right!

Quote Originally Posted by Dariela View Post
    I'm going to take the Willeonge Challenge.

Horses head?
    Lol, i was thinking a guy with an extremely long chin looking upwards

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhaalu View Post
    "Laws should be made of iron, not of pudding."

“A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.”

- King Stannis Baratheon

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just say gals instead of guys ... problem solved

what i find facinating is that there are dudes on this site that talk to girls IRL.

but back to seriousness...

I believe that the word "dude" or "guys" isn't correct when talking to women.
    there should be a word for this... like "people" but thats to long and its clumsy and you cant say "human" or "homo-sapiens" would be like ure talking to another race...

dude or guys is short n nice... we should change the dictonarys!

btw... i found this

dude (dd, dyd)
    n.
    1. Informal An Easterner or city person who vacations on a ranch in the West.
    2. Informal A man who is very fancy or sharp in dress and demeanor.
    3. Slang
    a. A man; a fellow.
    b. dudes Persons of either sex.
    tr.v. dud·ed, dud·ing, dudes
    Slang To dress elaborately or flamboyantly: got all duded up for the show.
    interj. Slang
    Used to express approval, satisfaction, or congratulations.
    [Origin unknown.]
    Our Living Language Cowboys and the Wild West are indelibly set in the minds of many as typical of Americaan association borne out by several common Modern English words that originated in the speech of the 19th-century western United States. One is dude, now perhaps most familiar as a slang term with a wide range of uses (including use as an all-purpose interjection for expressing approval: "Dude!"). Originally it was applied to fancy-dressed city folk who went out west on vacation. In this usage it first appears in the 1870s. The origin of the word is not known, but a number of other cowboy terms were borrowed by early settlers from American Spanish. These include buckaroo, corral, lasso, mustang, ranch, rodeo, and stampede. Buckaroo, interestingly, is an example of a word borrowed twice: it is an Americanized form of Spanish vaquero, which also made it into English as vaquero, a cowboy.

however the source wasn't ver reliant but it looks legit
    Last edited by Supermantra; 2012-01-16 at 05:23 AM.

All girls = I refer to them as ladies
    All guys = Refer to them as guy
    Mixed crowed = Refer to them as guys

Of course In large crowed many of the terms I use to point people out are offensive to the Pc crowed
    Aka the Black guy/girl
    Aka The Mexican guy/girl
    Aka the blonde with the big tits and hot ass
    Aka the fairy princess (used to point out the flamboyantly gay)

None of which are said to be offensive but more so to make them more quickly identifiable in large crowds.
    So yes I suppose if I was pointing out a women in a crowd I Would use her gender to do so.

Not really. I never think into it, so it never bothers me. I even call my own female friends dudes, so why not?

In any foreign language I've heard, you use the masculine conjugation for any group of people of mixed gender.

I'm a woman and I refer to a group of people as "you guys". I also say "dude" a lot with no concern for the sex of the person I'm speaking to. Some people are too easily offended.

Ya'll bitches make some bomb ass food, ya dig?
    Last edited by Terarus; 2012-01-16 at 06:08 AM.

It's regional. I've lived in a few different parts of the US and in some places using "guys" is no problem and in others people don't like it.

*shrug* I'm a girl, and I regularly refer to both my female and male friends as 'dudes' or 'guys'. No one has gotten upset at me yet.