I keep seeing data from swtorarena.com...

OK guys i keep seeing the trolls spamming data from swtorarena.com/statistics saying TOR is dieing

this is a good read for you right here

swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=171487&page=27

Hello Everybody,

We appreciate your interest in the subscription numbers for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ but this discussion has run it's course and we will now be closing this thread.

You all may be interested in this quote by Stephen Reid regarding the server populations and the trends we are noticing:

swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=171487&page=27

Quote:
    Originally Posted by StephenReid
    The good news is, the population is growing daily as more people buy the game and get online (we can see the growth).

Since some of you seemed interested in how the data from swtorarena.com/statistics is compiled so we would like to point out raistlinthewiz's post here were he talks about how the data is compiled.

and

swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1564827#post1564827

Yet again I want to post my clarification on graphics;

quick info on this; (as I'm the developer of that tool), the generated charts DOES NOT represent user subscriptions.

Instead the tool reads swtor.com/server-status and generate charts for server-loads based on given population field on the page.

So basically a total value of 800 (in y axis) for a total of 215 server means = 800 / 215 = 3.7 = ~ Heavy population in average.

Where as a value of 600 (in y axis) for a total of 215 server means = 800 / 215 = 2.7 = Standard population.
    0 -> offline
    1 - 2 -> light
    2 - 3-> standard
    3 - 4 -> heavy
    4 - 5 -> very heavy
    5+ -> full

So yet again, the game did not lost active subscribers last two weeks but instead average population of servers dropped down - which is a good thing (meaning less queues if any).

In MMO launches, heavy populations are always expected and over time they normalize - which is already the case for SWTOR -- and those charts actually represent that.

Can anybody with a post in first page of the thread can paste this explanation? So people can get an understanding of the charts before commenting on the OP's erroneous interpretation of them.

Here is an FAQ on the tool as well! swtorarena.com/topic/210-...tics-tool-faq/
    Last edited by xXcrysisXx; 2012-01-16 at 06:12 AM. Reason: grammar

While I like the post, you should probably take out the "WoW trolls" part. Most of them are just trolls in general.
    Bleh

Quote Originally Posted by Boathouse View Post
    While I like the post, you should probably take out the "WoW trolls" part. Most of them are just trolls in general.
    Thanx just fixed it

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've only seen it quoted once here and it was corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    I've only seen it quoted once here and it was corrected.
    No they are still spamming it here just parts of it

mmo-champion.com/threads/1064458-SWTOR-1-million-subs-gained-since-launch.-2-million-total

like the one on the first page bottom post.
    Last edited by xXcrysisXx; 2012-01-16 at 04:52 AM. Reason: grammar