Using Deadly Calm

am new to pve as arms so i have a question

is it a good idea to use deadly calm on CD?

usually. unless you're saving it for a burst phase

i tend to wait a few seconds for a CS, then hope i get a sudden death proc for back to back CSs

Deleted
    I use it on cooldown when I have CS up and an empty rage bar (no use popping it at 100 rage)

Also if the boss has an "increased damage taken" phase, I may try to pop it during that, but generally most bosses don't have that with the exception of execute range

At the start of the fight I usually wait until I have 3 stacks of Slaughter before I pop DC, but otherwise yes I use it on cooldown after spamming Heroic Strike or similar to get my Rage all the way down.

Quote Originally Posted by abbadonjr View Post
    am new to pve as arms so i have a question

is it a good idea to use deadly calm on CD?

I actually use it when all of my other cooldowns/procs die off. I also use it when I feel I'm starting to get really rage starved.

I do not use it on cooldown.

It's situational.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldjman View Post
    Warriors viable in multiple comps? lolno. Any high rated warrior falls under the following;
    1) wintraded.
    2) very high mmr at the start of the season, so they fought their way to glad at 5 am vs 2k teams.
    3) has their connections from previous seasons carry their class.
    Also, we most certainly weren't the most op in S9. Dk's were a better warrior in every aspect. Thanks for trying though.

I used to use it only after i get 3 stacks of lambs, line with other proces/debuffs on boss. Now i use it basicly on the pull, after first MS+HS, and after that on cooldown (sometimes delayed few seconds to wait for colo smash), and my dps has improved greatly.

Makes no sense to wait for 3 stacks of LttS.

I use it on pull, build 3 stacks of LttS and use reck afterwards. I then use it on CD unless there's a need to dps something specifically or an increased damage taken phase, dumping all rage just before it comes off CD.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

15+ Year Old Account
    It depends a bit on the fight length. If the fight is something like 4 minutes and 30 seconds long I will definitely use it on CD so I can get 3 uses out of it and not risk missing one. If the fight is 4 minutes long I can delay them a bit to line up better with procs because no matter what I won't be able to use it more than twice. If the fight is like Warmaster Blackhorn I want to use it together with Sweeping Strikes because it just makes the cooldown THAT much stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    At the start of the fight I usually wait until I have 3 stacks of Slaughter before I pop DC, but otherwise yes I use it on cooldown after spamming Heroic Strike or similar to get my Rage all the way down.
    There is no inherent advantage to waiting for 3 LttS stacks. Basically the only thing DC does is increase your use of Heroic Strike which is not affected by LttS. As thus, waiting for the stacks gives no real benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    There is no inherent advantage to waiting for 3 LttS stacks. Basically the only thing DC does is increase your use of Heroic Strike which is not affected by LttS. As thus, waiting for the stacks gives no real benefit.
    Unless you have some in use crit trinket(s) what makes more benefitical to spam HS/SLAM (+colossus) with MS filler to keep enrage up. If you have On use Str trinkets then it's more benefitical to align them with recklessness on start and just use DC to build up for reckle and/or save you from rage starvation.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what you mean here to be honest. A crit trinket will not magically make it better to use Slam over OP. But yes, if you have an on-use crit trinket it can be worth delaying DC as long as that doesn't mean you get to use it less during the fight which is something I actually covered in the earlier part of my post.

If the fight is like Warmaster Blackhorn I want to use it together with Sweeping Strikes because it just makes the cooldown THAT much stronger.
    Yeah. I also save it for black oozes in H Yor'sahj so I can SS and spam cleave.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    Yeah. I also save it for black oozes in H Yor'sahj so I can SS and spam cleave.
    With sweeping strikes up HS is stronger than Cleave. The reason for this is that Sweeping Strikes only mirror one of the hits so you get 2 HS hits vs 4 Cleave hits.

With sweeping strikes up HS is stronger than Cleave. The reason for this is that Sweeping Strikes only mirror one of the hits so you get 2 HS hits vs 4 Cleave hits.
    Glyphed Cleave?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    Glyphed Cleave?
    You must have misread what I said, 4 hits assumes that cleave is glyphed. Even if your cleave hits 3 targets you only get one extra hit from Sweeping Strikes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what you mean here to be honest. A crit trinket will not magically make it better to use Slam over OP. But yes, if you have an on-use crit trinket it can be worth delaying DC as long as that doesn't mean you get to use it less during the fight which is something I actually covered in the earlier part of my post.
    I believe it is because of OP's incredibly high crit rate that when you proc crit/recklessness that OP has DR compared to other abilities as far as % chance to crit increase.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    I believe it is because of OP's incredibly high crit rate that when you proc crit/recklessness that OP has DR compared to other abilities as far as % chance to crit increase.
    No trinket is going to add enough crit% to push OP over 100% crit chance.
    Regarding OP usage when coupled with Recklessness you may want to read a post I made in another thread.
    You can find it here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post15061307

10+ Year Old Account
    No trinket is going to add enough crit% to push OP over 100% crit chance.
    Regarding OP usage when coupled with Recklessness you may want to read a post I made in another thread.
    You can find it here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post15061307
    I both understand this, and know, however, my statement was not as what I know/believe, but rather to address why the person made the statement. That probably wasn't made very clear in my original statement, my bad.