Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Australian Servers

'Ello.

Does anyone have any information if there will\might be Australian servers?! I know WoW doesn't because I heard Telstra charge too much? I don't really know the full story, but that's another thread. Runes of Magic is a free to play MMO and even that has Australian servers - it's nice playing with 30 ping, I can tell you that.

If anyone has information on Australian servers you have my thanks

EDIT: When I mean Australian servers - I mean PROPER Oceanic ones. Not the unofficial ones!

Also feel free to discuss anything server related, within the forum rules
    Last edited by Exerionx; 2012-01-16 at 08:11 AM.

As someone who will be playing from China...I feel your pain......
    I don't know any official word...but as NCsoft are out on this side of the world, and they are going to market to Asia (G-Star), I have hopes that they'll have servers here...

Australians : the best gamers in the world on the worst ping.

any game that provides ACTUAL LOCAL aus servers can happily have my money.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    As someone who will be playing from China...I feel your pain......
    I don't know any official word...but as NCsoft are out on this side of the world, and they are going to market to Asia (G-Star), I have hopes that they'll have servers here...
    I REALLY do hope we get servers. Maybe they don't realize how many Auzzies and NZ players actually play?!

Quote Originally Posted by reverendball View Post
    Australians : the best gamers in the world on the worst ping.

any game that provides ACTUAL LOCAL aus servers can happily have my money.
    Agreed. We Oceanic players have some very skilled players.

Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    I REALLY do hope we get servers. Maybe they don't realize how many Auzzies and NZ players actually play?!

Agreed. We Oceanic players have some very skilled players.

Most Australian players, are highly skilled with what they do, cause we're so god damn passionate about the things we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Earthshockaz View Post
    Most Australian players, are highly skilled with what they do, cause we're so god damn passionate about the things we do.
    Not to mention their accent is awesome.

But yeah, some Australian servers would be nice. As a Norwegian, I don't really have that problem (since we're so close to England), but Australia is WAY out there, so some dedicated servers would be nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know WoW doesn't because I heard Telstra charge too much?
    Too much meaning >$1

Blue making a post once a year saying they'd love to do it but the cost is prohibitive: Free
    Hosting servers in Australia: Costs money

Just once, I would like to raid Blizzard's HQ (without putting people in danger) and just ask them "What the hell is up with THIS?!".

JUST ONCE. Cause sometimes they disappoint me.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    Just once, I would like to raid Blizzard's HQ (without putting people in danger) and just ask them "What the hell is up with THIS?!".

JUST ONCE. Cause sometimes they disappoint me.
    I don't get it at all, really. Our player base isn't exactly small.....

aussie servers on anything would be nice, LoL HoN WoW, pretty much anything, when i play with 200 ping, i still feel like the reaction is really fast, its hard to imagine what playing with 30 ping is like *drools*

I don't get it at all, really. Our player base isn't exactly small.....
    Indeed. It's time that Australians got some server love. I've always heard Australians talk about how high their ping is, so it's about time!

Quote Originally Posted by TatManTat View Post
    aussie servers on anything would be nice, LoL HoN WoW, pretty much anything, when i play with 200 ping, i still feel like the reaction is really fast, its hard to imagine what playing with 30 ping is like *drools*
    You'd love it. It is wonderful. Seriously, I hope Australians get some servers. It's gotta suck living in such a remote place when it comes to things like this. But you guys deal with it well, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by TatManTat View Post
    i played WoW when i was in america a couple of years back.... lets just say it's nice very very nice, australians always get the short end of the stick when it comes to online gaming D:

I actually had to give up tanking while I lived in Singapore...my ms was just too bad...
    By the time I'd charged in and Thunderclapped...and it had registered...a healer was getting pummeled lol
    Which is one of the regions I despaired at trinity.
    Which is one of the reasons I'm so hyped for GW2

Indeed. It's time that Australians got some server love. I've always heard Australians talk about how high their ping is, so it's about time!
    Tell me about it Out government are pretty fucked up and our internet companies are just as bad *cough Telstra*.

But yeah, we have to deal with because no matter what, we never seem to get love

But seriously, Runes of Magic is free to play. It has a micro-transaction store and still manages to run servers here.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    I actually had to give up tanking while I lived in Singapore...my ms was just too bad...
    By the time I'd charged in and Thunderclapped...and it had registered...a healer was getting pummeled lol
    Which is one of the regions I despaired at trinity.
    Which is one of the reasons I'm so hyped for GW2
    Good point but I think that the no-auto hit will come into play with our MS and latency. I mean, I don't want to be forced to make my abilities auto-hit because our ping is so bloody awful.

I'm a little worried, but have some faith in Anet to hopefully bring us at least one or two servers
    Last edited by Exerionx; 2012-01-16 at 12:08 PM.

Well...I can tell you right now that GW1 runs much better, internetz wise, from my location than wow does I have faith in Anet too

Deleted
    Anet haven't said how servers will work or where they will be etc. But they have said that they're using the same global server design as GW1.

So I guess you could download GW1 trial and see what your ping is like, it would give you a very rough idea for GW2. Take it with a grain of salt though, the servers for GW2 will be better than GW1 due to the none instancing thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Anet haven't said how servers will work or where they will be etc. But they have said that they're using the same global server design as GW1.

So I guess you could download GW1 trial and see what your ping is like, it would give you a very rough idea for GW2. Take it with a grain of salt though, the servers for GW2 will be better than GW1 due to the none instancing thing.
    I have GW1 and get around 350 which spikes a lot. On WoW I manage to stay around 200 pretty easily, 250 with busy areas. It's been fine but never really PvP'd because I didn't want to pay for a tunnelling program

10+ Year Old Account
    tunnelling program
    If GW2 doesn't have Australian servers, I hope that they at least set up a free SSH tunnel service to US servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    If GW2 doesn't have Australian servers, I hope that they at least set up a free SSH tunnel service to US servers.
    <3

10chars!

Deleted
    Not to mention their accent is awesome.

Can't argue with that!

Yeh, I live in Belgium which is quite central so with WoW, I never had lathency since Paris is rather close.
    When I tried SWTOR during beta, I played on a east-coast server and didn't have thta much latency either.

But yeh, if you say latency is bad when playing on US servers in Australia, I can understand your pain and I hope they do something about it! Playing in active combat with lag is just the biggest party pooper.