Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

FPS lagg issues in flashpoint's and certain area's.

Hey guy's, i'm really trying to enjoy this game but having a difficult time of doing so with such extremes of lagg, i've been able to play WoW quite happily PC-wise with it being smooth, i'm told that swtor is easier to run but my PC is telling me a different thing.
    my spec currently is this :
    Intel Core i5 processor M450 @ 2.40GHz (4CPUs) - 2.4GHz
    4GB of RAM
    directX11
    it is a 64 bit operating system
    i'm using window's 7
    my graphic's card is an intel HD graphic's (core i5) it has 1755MB memory.
    I am currently using an acer aspire 5745 netbook.

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    See if any of these tips can help you:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=114264

4gigs of RAM is low for a Win7 x64 machine.

And no, WoW is much easier on a system than TOR is.

I would suggest upgrading your RAM, if you cannot do that just turn Shadows Off and it should look better. Also running on a laptop with an embeded card might be part of the issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    4gigs of RAM is low for a Win7 x64 machine.

And no, WoW is much easier on a system than TOR is.

I would suggest upgrading your RAM, if you cannot do that just turn Shadows Off and it should look better. Also running on a laptop with an embeded card might be part of the issue.
    card came with the laptop, what would this change? and i have everything on lowest as it is etc before anyone asks

---------- Post added 2012-01-16 at 08:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    See if any of these tips can help you:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=114264
    ooh nice post, will run that now thanks! which modes would you recommend running with?
    Last edited by mmoc63942041bb; 2012-01-16 at 08:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Generally speaking its not feasible or possible to install new video cards on lap tops. GENERALLY SPEAKING.. their may be specific instances where you can but its probably not likely in your case.

Deleted
    Generally speaking its not feasible or possible to install new video cards on lap tops. GENERALLY SPEAKING.. their may be specific instances where you can but its probably not likely in your case.
    ah ok, to update my intel drivers where would i go for that? to see if it helps?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demios View Post
    ah ok, to update my intel drivers where would i go for that? to see if it helps?
    you need to know the actual model of the video card. Should be able to find it in control panel. Its usually something along the lines of INTEL EXTREME graphics chip blah blah blah etc etc or in your case INTEL HD GRAPHICS and then a model number. Search that model number in google and drivers you should get it.

Deleted
    The "Horrid FPS " Thread on the offical forums that started yesterday has 43 Pages now..

I like this game, I really do. But PVP and Main Capitals just fxxk up my fps. I got an AMD Phenom Quadcore 3,0 GHz, 4GB Ram and a Sapphire 6850 1 GB Vram. [Edit: on Windows 7, 32 Bit, just to say ^^)
    I usually can play even the newest games on high end settings with decent frames (and with Firefox open in the Backgrounds with up to 15 tabs, steam and origin clients opened plus watching a film on VLC on my second monitor!), but 5-12 frames in swtor PVP with low details is simply annoying. I canceled my subscription due to this in deep frustration.
    Last edited by mmoc06f8203238; 2012-01-16 at 10:22 AM.

People who run Windows x64 and 4GB of RAM and then complain about performance annoy the heck out of me.

---------- Post added 2012-01-16 at 05:27 AM ----------

I can't edit my posts, but why would you get Windows7 x32? NEED MOAR RAAAAAM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    People who run Windows x64 and 4GB of RAM and then complain about performance annoy the heck out of me.

---------- Post added 2012-01-16 at 05:27 AM ----------

I can't edit my posts, but why would you get Windows7 x32? NEED MOAR RAAAAAM.
    i don't see why this irritate's you, at points in swtor i'm sat on ridiculously low FPS like 1-2, i just don't know how to solve it, have followed plenty of threads and advise but none of thise has made me see a substantial improvement.
    is it just a hardware issue that my RAM isn't good enough or my graphic's hard is bad, please help i'm kinda at my wit's end playing a game i want to enjoy but can't.

---------- Post added 2012-01-16 at 05:14 PM ----------

you need to know the actual model of the video card. Should be able to find it in control panel. Its usually something along the lines of INTEL EXTREME graphics chip blah blah blah etc etc or in your case INTEL HD GRAPHICS and then a model number. Search that model number in google and drivers you should get it.
    Thanks will give this a go, any particular site's that are trustworthy?

4 GB of ram is plenty to play this game, so I wouldn't worry about that. The other guy who said you need more is confused, as you aren't going to RAM cap at 4 GB while running SWTOR as long as everything else is closed. SWTOR is designed to run around 1.5 GB, though with 64 bit Windows it'll try to optimize the RAM that's being unused and run it higher.

The main problem here, it seems, is that you're running with an integrated graphics card. Even though SWTOR's minimum specs can technically run with integrated graphics, you likely aren't meeting the minimum dedicated VRAM requirement of 256MB, which is really the very bare minimum to even run the game. 512 is more or less required, but you'll probably never get to the minimum let alone the playable requirement.

One thing that has really helped people running in Windows 7 is that compatibility mode change suggestion in the link earlier up in the thread. I'd do that and see if there are any improvements. I suggested that to one person in General and his FPS apparently went from 5 to 16-17.
    Last edited by DetectiveJohnKimble; 2012-01-16 at 06:10 PM.

I know this is not completely on topic, but thought I would post here

When I play on my work laptop it runs so so like 20 FPS. BUT when I pop it in the docking station and use it with a monitor it craps out at like 5 FPS. I have tried Vsynch on and off

Any thoughts?
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveJohnKimble View Post
    4 GB of ram is plenty to play this game, so I wouldn't worry about that. The other guy who said you need more is confused, as you aren't going to RAM cap at 4 GB while running SWTOR as long as everything else is closed. SWTOR is designed to run around 1.5 GB, though with 64 bit Windows it'll try to optimize the RAM that's being unused and run it higher.

The main problem here, it seems, is that you're running with an integrated graphics card. Even though SWTOR's minimum specs can technically run with integrated graphics, you likely aren't meeting the minimum dedicated VRAM requirement of 256MB, which is really the very bare minimum to even run the game. 512 is more or less required, but you'll probably never get to the minimum let alone the playable requirement.

One thing that has really helped people running in Windows 7 is that compatibility mode change suggestion in the link earlier up in the thread. I'd do that and see if there are any improvements. I suggested that to one person in General and his FPS apparently went from 5 to 16-17.
    Also, try running SWTOR in "Windowed Mode" which should substantially improve frame rates! You may want to try to find a program such as UniBlue Speed up my PC as it has helped me to run games on a fully integrated system by optimizing it! There are performance booster programs that essentially shut down all unnecessary apps as well! I don't know of any personally for Intel systems but for others who may be running AMD rigs, Fusion Utility works rather well and is an AMD/ATI program! Good Luck and wish you the best!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveJohnKimble View Post

so can i remove my intergrated graphic's card or will updating the driver help much? i've tried the compatibility mode but it didn't change anything.

---------- Post added 2012-01-17 at 08:21 AM ----------

Tried window mode, got about 2-3 more FPS, making it slightly more bareable but still not a quality of gaming that makes me want to jump into it as soon as im home.

10+ Year Old Account

Thanks will give this a go, any particular site's that are trustworthy?
    Intel should have its own site for drivers, never used an integrated card myself so i can't tell you exactly. To be honest alot of your issues likely stem from using that integrated card. Alot of it is also localized fps drops that the developer is aware of and actively working to fix.

---------- Post added 2012-01-17 at 01:48 PM ----------

so can i remove my intergrated graphic's card or will updating the driver help much? i've tried the compatibility mode but it didn't change anything.[COLOR="red"]
    No you can not. The term "integrated" refers to the video card being an integrated circuit and not removable. Unless you bought a gaming laptop, they are generally not ideal for gaming and this is one of the reasons why. Make sure your laptop is not stuck on low power mode or power reduction mode, that may be an issue as well. It should be plugged in at performance power consumption.

Deleted
    Intel should have its own site for drivers, never used an integrated card myself so i can't tell you exactly. To be honest alot of your issues likely stem from using that integrated card. Alot of it is also localized fps drops that the developer is aware of and actively working to fix.

---------- Post added 2012-01-17 at 01:48 PM ----------

No you can not. The term "integrated" refers to the video card being an integrated circuit and not removable. Unless you bought a gaming laptop, they are generally not ideal for gaming and this is one of the reasons why. Make sure your laptop is not stuck on low power mode or power reduction mode, that may be an issue as well. It should be plugged in at performance power consumption.
    so would sitting it out after updating drivers and waiting for the fix and see how it is be my best option?
    i appreciate all your advise on this, been very informative

10+ Year Old Account
    so would sitting it out after updating drivers and waiting for the fix and see how it is be my best option?
    i appreciate all your advise on this, been very informative

Yes and No. What I would advise is build a sweet desktop gaming rig personally :P but failing that yea try the tips in the link I sent you, update your drivers and keep an eye out on google and such for any more tips and tricks. If that doesn't work then yea sit it out for a bit. Theirs a couple of shoes to drop in the FPS LAG FIX closet one of them is proper driver profiles for the game. Another is further optimization for the game. Weekly patches is a good way to help knock shit out of the park fast and I'm positive most issues will be dealt with sooner rather than later.

Deleted
    Yes and No. What I would advise is build a sweet desktop gaming rig personally :P but failing that yea try the tips in the link I sent you, update your drivers and keep an eye out on google and such for any more tips and tricks. If that doesn't work then yea sit it out for a bit. Theirs a couple of shoes to drop in the FPS LAG FIX closet one of them is proper driver profiles for the game. Another is further optimization for the game. Weekly patches is a good way to help knock shit out of the park fast and I'm positive most issues will be dealt with sooner rather than later.
    got no job at the moment or believe me i would be selling this thing now, i would have to get a gaming laptop though due to moving about everywhere, just sucks that i can't get a nice headstart on raiding etc because my laptop is so bad :L

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    I know this is not completely on topic, but thought I would post here

When I play on my work laptop it runs so so like 20 FPS. BUT when I pop it in the docking station and use it with a monitor it craps out at like 5 FPS. I have tried Vsynch on and off

Any thoughts?
    Is the resolution of the monitor the same as the display built into the laptop, or higher? bumping up the resolution can seriously hurt low end graphics solutions, like those built into most non-gaming laptops.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geekzilla View Post
    Is the resolution of the monitor the same as the display built into the laptop, or higher? bumping up the resolution can seriously hurt low end graphics solutions, like those built into most non-gaming laptops.
    from memory laptop is 1366x720, so is the game, am i doing it wrong or are there different setting's you'd suggest?