Thread: PvP problem.

10+ Year Old Account

PvP problem.

Hello guys,

I have been having a problem for quite sometime now, and it only happens when I pvp.

For some reason, whenever I pvp, the players from the opposing faction, whenever they are around me, they start "porting" (for the lack of a more accurate word). For example, feral druid charges, next thing he's behind me, then jumps, in front, then 45 degrees away from me and all this happens in about a quarter of a second. This seems like a connection problem, but it isn't. I have constant sub 50 ms ping and it ONLY happens when pvping. Any thoughts as of what could be happening?

Deleted
    Does that happen with any other classes/specs??

10+ Year Old Account
    Happens mostly with melee classes (rogues, warrs, druids) never had it happening with casters

welcome to the world of bots. thats quite common. Its either a bot or some1 using lag macros or smth like that. You cant hit em, they bascily flick all over the screen, they turn around when stuned and shitloads of different "ablities". Nothing you can do about that. Even if you report GM will tell you they will look into it and nothing will ever happen.

Deleted
    It's not bots hunter, at least for the most part.

It's the lag macro, basically they keybind a spammed macro to like 10 keys, then hit it all at once ; It causes them to lag and grants them invincibility from all melee attacks, Blizzard claimed that they would perma-ban anyone who they find out is using it, but i know a girl from my server, who is still pvping three years later and still using the macro.

It's a joke, and the amount of times i've been killed by absolute assholes using it isn't even funny.

I had this issue with some Hunters in Altrec valley.. I figured it was either lagg on theyr side, or some kind of bug abuse. Cause he kept popping all around the screen, And the last thing that gave away it was on hes side, He died.. and hes corpse kept running around. Might this be the same thing you see?
    Annyway, This is either a bug abbuse to cause lagg when its "needed" or just lagg on theyr side, OR on your side But it appreantly isent on your side.
    Unless im totoally missing somthing here.

I wonder though why there aren't way more people doing this if Blizz doesn't seem to really crack down on them hard...one thing is words and threats, another is putting them into action

Deleted
    I usually call this phenomenon "Warping" just like a warp-stalker basically. It's VERY common for ferals for me, and quite normal for rogues. Don't know whats causing it since i've spoken to the ones i've dueled and they said their MS was fine aswell.

I don't think this is the lag macro all of the times honestly, they seem diffrent but...yeah. Easiest solution is to avoid such classes/people doing it.

Anything with a speed increase will do this to you.

Either because their internet isn't good or they are using some kind of lag macro.

Usually the first one. Lag macro means when you try and hit them at melee range you won't be able to.

Didn't know it was a macro "cheat", pity people need this to be competitive.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    So, there's nothing I can do?

only way is to snare them.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a pally? gg for me then, better stay in PvE

judgement of the just works, but yeah probably just stick to pve and random bgs if you're ret.