BioChem !! Help please.

2 things guys.

I Heard from a friend that Biochem was getting Nerfs because it is too overpowered ? Is this true and if so can you give links ?

Also I have chosen to roll Assassin for the good of my guild and was thinking about getting biochem because the reusable everything that they can get just seems awesome. What other 2 Profs back up Biochem ?

Thanks

1.1 Patch Notes: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=173371

And reading your codex would do wonders as far as learning what professions go well together.

Hmmm those changes dont really read like a nerf, unless you were planning to level up, make your re-usable stuff, then re-roll a different crew skill.

And Bioanalysis and Diplo go with Biochem, but as the poster above me said, your codex could tell you very easily

Bioanalysis lets you gather the biochemicals.

Diplomacy lets you send your crew on missions to get the blue and sometimes purple materials for rare recipes.

Sweet thanks guys Yea I saw the medpack nerfs but it wasn't them I was going after really it was the resusable ones that give insane stats so im all good to go cheers <3

From what I understand it is really just the skill level 400 medpacs that are being nerfed, in specific the Ratakata (however you spell it) epic medpac and the exotech medpac.

It will still be the most useful crafting skill in the game in my opinion.

Exotech Medpac isn't even in the game yet... hopefully this means they are adding it in 4.1.

It looks like they are slightly lowering the output of the high end medpacs and making them also increase your health for a short time. Oh No!

I thought this was going to be an actual IRL bio chemistry question. lol. Damn recent posts column.

15+ Year Old Account
    What I've understood stims getting lowered too. Basicly everlasting and more powerful what other people can get from vendors. Also those adrenalines seems to be a bit op too. In my opinion it would have been already a good reason to take biochem if stims and adrenalines would have been equally good as vendor bought but reusable.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYFioGqC2qQ - The true nature of finnish people

Hmmm... I saw nothing in the notes saying stims are being lowered. The Max Blue for Stam is 104 and some defense, and the Rakata Stam Stim is 124 and a tad more defense...

But yes they are re-usable. There is no reason I shouldn't have that stim up on me at all times

Deleted
    The only way to nerf Biochem to a level where it's not worth taking is to make the medpacks/stims/adrenals actually perform worse than the ones that non-biochem(ists?) can use. That is to say, the other professions, bringing nothing to the proverbial table, only have to be outdone by a very, very small amount to be rendered worthless. Except Cybertech, which is in largely the same boat as Biochem, but watered down.

15+ Year Old Account
    That is actually really good idea Aerys. Me (as cybertech) have useless armorings and mods, because max I can do are lvl 49 while you get epic 50 for a daily. I like how crafting works but this system had much better potential and by leveling to 400 I actually don't see any benefits from the profession I have which is sad. (Don't tell me about those 5 minute cd grenades.. useless crap)