Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Sorry, I watched the manifesto though, which led me on this mission of self discovery... wait that's not it, it led me on this mission of GW2 discovery, so you were still an influence.

    This game is going to be good. I hope. I have a good feeling about it.

    Art, I do hope swtor does well in the long run, I did spend $60 on it after all and would love to have something else to play as well. I love star wars, I played swg a long time too. I just feel like right now it's just not a good game :/

    ---------- Post added 2012-01-16 at 01:08 PM ----------

    by the way, this has made me want to fire up my old gw account, but i can't remember my password so now i'm waiting on ncsoft to help me out. i couldn't really get into gw for some reason though, but it was all so new to me back then and i was addicted to wow big time. maybe this time it'll tide me over until gw2 arrives.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by kanezfan View Post
    Sorry, I watched the manifesto though, which led me on this mission of self discovery... wait that's not it, it led me on this mission of GW2 discovery, so you were still an influence.

    This game is going to be good. I hope. I have a good feeling about it.

    Art, I do hope swtor does well in the long run, I did spend $60 on it after all and would love to have something else to play as well. I love star wars, I played swg a long time too. I just feel like right now it's just not a good game :/
    I forgot to welcome you..WELCOME! TOR has some good ideas in many ways, but poor execution that leaves you wondering "how in the hell did this get implemented?". Well also it has some ideas that are just plain broken in their design and leaves you thinking "WHO IN THE HELL THOUGHT OF THIS?". In 2 days of playing the early access I encountered more poorly designed features and bugs than I did in 2-3 weeks of Rift, yet all of these issues with TOR's design got glossed over in reviews. No one has the balls to point out the obvious because it's Bioware.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by omlech View Post
    I forgot to welcome you..WELCOME! TOR has some good ideas in many ways, but poor execution that leaves you wondering "how in the hell did this get implemented?". Well also it has some ideas that are just plain broken in their design and leaves you thinking "WHO IN THE HELL THOUGHT OF THIS?". In 2 days of playing the early access I encountered more poorly designed features and bugs than I did in 2-3 weeks of Rift, yet all of these issues with TOR's design got glossed over in reviews. No one has the balls to point out the obvious because it's Bioware.
    I think they know all this and are content with riding it out knowing it would do moderately well because it's Star Wars and it's a theme park MMO and it's easy to pick up and play. Time will tell if their thinking will hold up or not. Anyways, I don't intend for this to be a swtor bashing thread. Like I said earlier, I hope they can make it work since I spent 60 bucks on it and competition is always a good thing. I'm really excited at the things GW2 will be bringing to the table and if they can deliver on these concepts, it can only help the MMO market for a long time to come.

  4. #24
    Mechagnome Vewen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    702
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Zed View Post
    Thanks Mif. I forum warrior in spurts, and this is one of those.

    I added my WoW handle to my sig here; I like having a consistent Internet identity.
    Good you are you're on the enemy's(just kidding, of course) forums as well. We need word to spread!

  5. #25
    I really hope that GW2 becomes the MMO, just like WoW took the title from EQ2 for example. That doesn't mean WoW has to die. EQ2 never died, did it?

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Waltzinblack View Post
    I really hope that GW2 becomes the MMO, just like WoW took the title from EQ2 for example. That doesn't mean WoW has to die. EQ2 never died, did it?
    Nope, very few MMOs have actually "died" in all honesty. UO is still going after 15 years and EQ is still going after 13 even though WoW has been out for nearly 7. Obviously WoW won't die if the aforementioned haven't died yet, the playerbase will decrease in size overtime as it has already.

  7. #27
    High Overlord Primal Zed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Land of Bush and Dust
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by kanezfan View Post
    by the way, this has made me want to fire up my old gw account, but i can't remember my password so now i'm waiting on ncsoft to help me out. i couldn't really get into gw for some reason though, but it was all so new to me back then and i was addicted to wow big time. maybe this time it'll tide me over until gw2 arrives.
    Nyeh, I couldn't get into Guild Wars. Got a trial account a year or so ago and did not enjoy it.

    Keep in mind that Guild Wars 2 will be significantly different from Guild Wars. The whole reason they started with Guild Wars 2 instead of continuing with Guild Wars is because what they wanted to create was so far removed from Guild Wars they felt it was better to make a new game rather than trying to update the one they had.

    edit: My point is, if you don't really like Guild Wars, try to not let that color your impressions of Guild Wars 2 too deeply.
    Last edited by Primal Zed; 2012-01-16 at 06:42 PM.
    Also known as Welcome on the WoW forums.

  8. #28
    I am Murloc! Grading's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Senkai
    Posts
    5,331
    The only MMO that can kill WoW is WoW itself, but that doesn't mean there can't be any good MMOs beside it!

    EDIT: Oh, and yeah, Guild Wars 1 and 2 are VASTLY different when it comes to gameplay. So don't let the first scare you from the second.

  9. #29
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Trondheim, Norway
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Hey wow, haven't seen that one either. Looks pretty interesting.

    Anyone else think Eric Flannum should stop to catch his breath more often btw? :P
    People complaining about arena queues? Oh, my sweet summer child. What do you know of waiting? Waiting is for the dungeon finder, where the average time is 25 minutes and children are born and live and die all before they find a fucking tank.

  10. #30
    Mechagnome Vewen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    702
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerr0r View Post
    Hey wow, haven't seen that one either. Looks pretty interesting.

    Anyone else think Eric Flannum should stop to catch his breath more often btw? :P
    the curse when you really are excited and want to convey a lot of information. Human biology stops you from doing that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •