Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Laylie View Post
    I just quit WoW yesterday. Got the last achievement I have always wanted. Sulfuraus Hand of Ragnaros.

I played Rift while I was still in love with WoW I liked the game a lot but I played the first 3 weeks I could not find it much fun because I was lonely while playing it. I might reactivate my account and try a whole new character just until Guild Wars 2 atleast. I am debating it but have not decided yet.
    There is another game that is the bane of Rifts existence. For the past year the excuse for quitting Rift has been "once TOR or GW2 releases I am gone because they will be so much better". Well TOR released and has been bent over backwards about even the most basic features missing compared to Rift.

GW2 is next up in the shattered promises department. I won't go further then this because it turns into a back and forth. Lets just like TOR it is easier to say what you are going to do then actually do it.

Here is something to ponder. TOR released on Dec 15. Rift players will have atleast 2 features from TOR integrated into their game by the time January is over in 1.7

10+ Year Old Account
    I just quit WoW yesterday. Got the last achievement I have always wanted. Sulfuraus Hand of Ragnaros.

I played Rift while I was still in love with WoW I liked the game a lot but I played the first 3 weeks I could not find it much fun because I was lonely while playing it. I might reactivate my account and try a whole new character just until Guild Wars 2 atleast. I am debating it but have not decided yet.
    I might join ya man cancel my second wow account and reactivate my rift one. I left rift for the EXACT same reason. Well TBH the guild i helped found died after a forced server transfer due to the server going permanent trial and so when i joined another guild after ours died i didn't get to 5 fats enough for em(funny cause i hit 50 two days after they booted me which was the SAME day i logged on and found out) so yeah funny in a sad way. I play MMOs for the social bit and TBh i'm getting ALOT more of that IRL these days as well. Probably too much TBH. Not really healthy for me to get alot of socializing in i get addicted to it and then suffer depression when i can;t get it while if i avoid it i go into solitary mode and have no problem being alone for weeks on end if not months. But yeah similar man similar.

(there's a double negative in the thread title :P)

I bought Rift right when it came out and I had a blast playing it with my friends.
    Never reached 50 though, got two chars up to roughly 35 and played casually for 2 months.

That being said, it had nothing to do with the game itself. I just didn't have enough money to keep up the subscription. Or rather, I didn't WANT to spend money on ANY subscription at that time, including WoW. By now most friends also stopped playing Rift, so there's little incentive for me to start playing it again.
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    I might join ya man cancel my second wow account and reactivate my rift one. I left rift for the EXACT same reason. Well TBH the guild i helped found died after a forced server transfer due to the server going permanent trial and so when i joined another guild after ours died i didn't get to 5 fats enough for em(funny cause i hit 50 two days after they booted me which was the SAME day i logged on and found out) so yeah funny in a sad way. I play MMOs for the social bit and TBh i'm getting ALOT more of that IRL these days as well. Probably too much TBH. Not really healthy for me to get alot of socializing in i get addicted to it and then suffer depression when i can;t get it while if i avoid it i go into solitary mode and have no problem being alone for weeks on end if not months. But yeah similar man similar.
    Hell yeah Sorrior! Hell Yeah I would def join Rift if you and maybe some others from the club joined up and made a guild!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell yeah Sorrior! Hell Yeah I would def join Rift if you and maybe some others from the club joined up and made a guild!
    Maybe i definitely did get the old wow feel from it myself man. Oh and funny story on my FIRST tier 1(heroic) i got an achievement after we finally killed that snow guy we managed to do it on the mountain while avoiding his skills.

Yep people a heroic that is harder than alot of wow raids.

Maybe i definitely did get the old wow feel from it myself man. Oh and funny story on my FIRST tier 1(heroic) i got an achievement after we finally killed that snow guy we managed to do it on the mountain while avoiding his skills.

Yep people a heroic that is harder than alot of wow raids.
    I got to like level 20 and quit because I could not find a guild and was o so lonely >.< I really want to level a bard since thats what I played in EQ2 for so long!

I tried the free version at some point, allowed me to get to lvl 15 i think .. Made a fire mage .. the spell animations blew me away! Really loved those! But besides those I didn't get the epic feel I want from an MMORPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelius View Post
    I tried the free version at some point, allowed me to get to lvl 15 i think .. Made a fire mage .. the spell animations blew me away! Really loved those! But besides those I didn't get the epic feel I want from an MMORPG.
    Did you try the invasions or closing rifts? I thought that was spot on. If I had honestly found a good group of buddies back than I probably would have hit 50 and never reactivated my WoW sub.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a lot of WoW players tried rift... Including me...
    The main thing I don't like about rift is how repetitive it is... rift after rift... get's a little old but I guess that's just how MMO's are.
    My 6 year old laptop probably doesn't help. It was great when I first got it but they get out dated relatively quick.
    I got around 20ish fps in the world (10-15 around rifts) and I could imagine the game would be a lot more fun at 30 or 60 fps.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got to like level 20 and quit because I could not find a guild and was o so lonely >.< I really want to level a bard since thats what I played in EQ2 for so long!
    Yeah i joined a massive one but then rana REALLY fun dungeon with some guys. The five of us wiped like a buncha serious mofos but we had fun and joked the whole way. Afterwards we made a guild. I remember our trying to come up with names for so long. one guy insisted on dragons being referenced. I think we eventually went with Demonic Dragons. But yeah this is one reason i liked RIFT has a VERY nice community. Similar to how wow used to be. Difficulty is as well.

I think alot of wow players did try it, its just not a good game
    N

Quote Originally Posted by Ellesarr View Post
    I think alot of wow players did try it, its just not WoW
    There you go. Sorry, but when every single request I see from WoW players was things they had in WoW it proves all you guys want is WoW 2.0 made by Blizzard. Want me to pull up the request on the TOR forums to prove my point here?

10+ Year Old Account
    nice litotes there OP...

because there isnt no fun in Rift!
    simple as that.

Yeah i joined a massive one but then rana REALLY fun dungeon with some guys. The five of us wiped like a buncha serious mofos but we had fun and joked the whole way. Afterwards we made a guild. I remember our trying to come up with names for so long. one guy insisted on dragons being referenced. I think we eventually went with Demonic Dragons. But yeah this is one reason i liked RIFT has a VERY nice community. Similar to how wow used to be. Difficulty is as well.
    I threw the suggestion out on the club forums would really like to play it with the club I think it would be insanely fun getting all of our forums shits and giggles into a vent.

Played it when it came out for a few months and though it was fun I just didn't get into the storyline. I was completely into healing on my cleric, would run from one world spawn to another with groups of people for hours on end having fun.

The game overall is a great mmo (not perfect but few are and it is hard to actually define a "perfect" mmo for the masses) but the story just wasn't doing it for me. Though with the end of Cata and the age of warcraft getting to me I might switch back to rift off and on.

I played it for quite a while. I love PvP. There was one major reason I quit. They would dramatically change what souls could do every other day. And I do not exaggerate. They patched constantly, nerfing or buffing certain souls. It became too annoying to log in and see that the soul you liked playing was now useless in PvP and that another soul could one-shot a group of people. Then they had a major exploitable problem with their world pvp rifts in which the people willing to use it, were able to rank up to Max rank in a single day. And ranks mattered a lot while fighting someone.

>Multiple negatives in title
    >i am confus

On serious note, Rift looked like crap on the trailers I saw a loong time ago. Taking a look at website it's better, buut it doesn't have a trial accessible by myself, to which I say fuck it.

I did try Rift. I thought it was one of the worst games I have ever played. If you like it more power to you, I personally think its terrible.

Tried it.
    Loved it.
    Never went back to WoW.

The talent flexibility, ability to carry 5 specs at once, challenging content with incredibly rapid, quality content release schedule and, on average, a far more mature and friendly community are the major factors that keep me.