Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Human, EMFHS is probably the best racial in the game. No it's not just for PvP, it's quite valuable for those moments when bosses fear, sleep, stun ect.

Gnome for PvE, Human for PvP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xepias View Post
    i liked my draenei

because then you have a xtra hot

atleast i liked it in LK ... now playing horde i dont know how much it heals now
    Only a self heal now. Think in LK you could heal others with it....well not anymore and it is on a pretty high CD, like 2 or 3 mins. Not worth it at all.

Best choice for a priest on alliance side is most definitely human if you go by the racials. Yes even for disciplin, as you can always take away spirit on you gear and put it somewhere else. For holy...there is no doubt at all that human is the best.

I would think the Gnome +5% mana pool would scale better as you have higher gear level than the 3% spirit gain from Human. But then again you could use that 3% spirit as hit if you ever decide to play Shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by Silza View Post
    Only a self heal now. Think in LK you could heal others with it....well not anymore and it is on a pretty high CD, like 2 or 3 mins. Not worth it at all.

Best choice for a priest on alliance side is most definitely human if you go by the racials. Yes even for disciplin, as you can always take away spirit on you gear and put it somewhere else. For holy...there is no doubt at all that human is the best.
    lol what you on about, you can still use the draenie hot on other people (I know i use it as a resto sham) and it ticks for like 10k per tick with 22k crits or something.

OT - definatly gnome, disc doesn't really need spirit and +max mana pool will help with hymn of hope.

It generally comes down to how well geared you are, as a healer once you hit 2.5k spirit you don't really need any more, though it stays as a good stat, whereas atleast with the mana pool it will help with your hymn of hope (and when you use it you will actually WANT mana back so its a extra special bonus).

Or you can opt for draenie for a damn nice heal, albiet it doesnt last long and on a long cooldown of 2 - 3 mins.
    Last edited by mini98; 2012-01-18 at 02:20 AM.

Deleted
    I'm fairly sure the reason gnome is good for disc is less to do with HoH and far more to do with rapture.

none.. go horde
    Gorelaz *猩猩

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would go with Humans also people in bg's wont go after you just because your a gnome.

I went with Gnome and bought Kalytha's Haunted Locket so I can look nice.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Deleted
    Racials are all just minor bonuses tho, my gnome has a manapool of 146.7k unbuffed atm ilvl im wearing is 392.
    I get almost 7k mana from my racial so thats a free PW:S it gives slightly more MP5 over the fight due to rapture not to mention arch angel and HoH and ur lovely fiend.

U know how much 3% extra spirit is for me, 1687 spirit +3% = 50 spirit thats not worth it for disc. With spine trinket (normal) its 76 extra spirit thats really not worth it if pve is ur thing and take a race for its racials. 76 extra spirit does not make up from the increased manapool mp5 those skills uses didnt even mentioned replenish.

And as i said before u get lovely LoS messages more often and ur mounts are bigger than the other classes cept tauren.
    The casting animation arent bad only the shoulders on a gnome female are a bit big, and every tier cept t13 u have to hide the helm cuz its ugly with the collision with the shoulders unless u collected a good transmog set with helmet on for a gnome.

Dont underestimate the value of clearing bleeds and poison as well as 10% reduced damage in pvp. I mean dwarf is the underdog choice for pvp. And female dwarf > female NE ofc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I absolutely DESPISE being a god damned gnome. If it wasn't for their racial I would really already be a draenei. I fucking hate being a gnome. I hate it.
    [/CENTER]

Deleted
    Actually the Draenei HoT is rather powerful. Draenei is definitely still an option.
    Last edited by mmoc772d9b4259; 2012-01-29 at 09:26 AM.

The 3% spirit buff is amazing for holy. I know you want to play disc, but most disc priests are expected to play holy as well. The 3% buff isn't bad for disc as well. Mana is currently less of a concern than it was before, but at the start of MoP like all expansions, it should be a big concern yet again.

10+ Year Old Account
    *shakes fist*
    Dwarf!
    Stoneform is nice for pvp, 10% damage reduction and removes all nasty poisons and diseases. I've found it quite useful when rogues&DKs focus on me...
    Oh and Dwarves look awesome, just saying. But I'm a huge RA Salvatore fan and love what he does with Dwarves in the Forgotten Realms universe.

As for PVE, no real bonus other than the pure kickass factor
    ...unless you dig on 3 expertise for maces!

Deleted
    It is also worth noting that Draenei is a very good middle ground for pve, with it being the second best race for DPS (the first being worgen), and the best for Healing. For those who are saying Gnome, suppose I gain 100K mana over the course of a fight (which seems unlikely, but for the sake of argument I will be generous when it comes to Gnome mana regen), the total mana gained over other races would be around 12K, which is worth about two heals, and only matters if you run out of mana, in which case you will probably wipe anyway. However, a well timed GoTN can take some pressure off of healing a tank, as it is a rather effective heal after the buff it got a few months ago. Therefore, I will conclude that Draenei is the way to go for pve priests who don't intend to be DPSing the entire time.
    Last edited by mmoc772d9b4259; 2012-01-29 at 09:27 AM.

I'd go human as well.

Draeneis' hot is on holy school - just like any healing spell of a priest - so you cannot cast it while locked out, making it a weak choice for pvp.

Every man for himself is useful in pve, too and you will learn to love it. 3% more spirit is not that awesome for disc, but still it's the best race for pvp on alliance side. If you strictly pve you may choose gnome, too, but if you want to keep yourself flexible: human all the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    pve: gnomes > worgen > humans > dwarf/nightelf
    pvp: humans.
    however I love shadowmeld as a nightelf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arazen View Post
    I'd go human as well.

Draeneis' hot is on holy school - just like any healing spell of a priest - so you cannot cast it while locked out, making it a weak choice for pvp.

Every man for himself is useful in pve, too and you will learn to love it. 3% more spirit is not that awesome for disc, but still it's the best race for pvp on alliance side. If you strictly pve you may choose gnome, too, but if you want to keep yourself flexible: human all the way.
    However, as the spell cast is instant (and does not cost any mana), it is impossible to lock out, making this a very good spell if you are low on mana and the opponent has an interrupt ready. I do understand that Humans are a better race for pvp than Draenei, but it is by no means a bad racial. Also, whilst we are on the subject of pvp, Draenei need less hit than the other races due to their racial.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolvolt View Post
    pve: gnomes > worgen > humans > dwarf/nightelf
    pvp: humans.
    however I love shadowmeld as a nightelf.
    The worgen 1% crit is not consistent at all, and as such will never make a great difference, whereas a well timed GoTN on the tank might.
    Darkflight will be useful for mobility though.

---------- Post added 2012-01-28 at 09:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ODDLAWL View Post
    I absolutely DESPISE being a god damned gnome. If it wasn't for their racial I would really already be a draenei. I fucking hate being a gnome. I hate it.
    Well, actually being a Draenei is better for healing, as I believe I have proven.

I would like to also say that healing meters are not good for determining a race choice like this. The meters inflate the value of the worgen's 1% crit, and show little to no value on the NE racial. What they do not show is the potential for a racial to prevent a wipe. The worgen racials are rather unlikely to prevent a wipe, you shouldn't need a 40% movement speed bonus to run out of the fire. However, a well timed Shadowmeld can give the OT a chance to get aggro back on those adds, and can potentially prevent a wipe. As this shouldn't happen often though, Shadowmeld is not a particularly useful racial for pve purposes. Again, even though an extra 12K mana may seem useful, unless you are finishing every fight with under 10K mana, you will not notice any difference.
    Last edited by mmoc772d9b4259; 2012-01-29 at 09:28 AM.

Dran or gnome pve

human pvp