Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Hard mode flashpoints - order of difficulty

Me and some guildies hit 50 yesterday and started doing hardmodes today. We started off with esseles which apparently was the wrong choice as its the one of the hardest ones. We manages to kill the first boss just as the enrage timer went off but the second boss was really hard, we were hitting the enrage on 25%. Can anyone list the hardmodes in order of difficulty? Thanks!

I might be confusing the FP names here, but isn't Esseles the republic version of Black Talon? That's by far the easiest hard FP.
    All other are more difficult but with little variation in difficulty amongst them.
    Imho: BT < all other hc FPs

Deleted
    from what i have read and been told ironfist the second boss in esseles is the hardest boss in hm fps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do the ones that has bosses that on regular have few mechanics (tank&spank), they dont add a lot of mechanics to hardmode bosses.
    Esseles is easily one of the easiest hardmodes, together with false emperor and the imperial counterpart of esseles (black talon).
    The thing is that you need 2 interrupters for the second boss, and they must alternate interrupts. If you do that, you will down him without any trouble.

I might be confusing the FP names here, but isn't Esseles the republic version of Black Talon? That's by far the easiest hard FP.
    All other are more difficult but with little variation in difficulty amongst them.
    Imho: BT < all other hc FPs
    Just so you, and future posters know. Even thought it is the counterpart of black talon, the bosses and instance itself are completely different. Dont even try to compare both if you havent played both.
    Last edited by shadowkras; 2012-01-16 at 05:40 PM.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do think The Esseles is a little more overtuned than Black Talon. Mael Prison was the first heroic I did after countless wipes in Esseles. Also, the HM FPs do have significant dps check requirements. They seem a lot easier after a week worth dailies (6 mods, armorings, enhancements and an implant or earpiece). It might be worth considering.

IMO the order is:

Mael Prison
    Taral V
    False Emperor (if you have 2 competent knockbacks)
    The Esseles
    Directive 7
    Battle of Ilum

Deleted
    interupting wasnt the problem, it was hitting the enrage timer at 25%. just seems like a gear check

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    Do the ones that has bosses that on regular have few mechanics (tank&spank), they dont add a lot of mechanics to hardmode bosses.
    Esseles is easily one of the easiest hardmodes, together with false emperor and the imperial counterpart of esseles (black talon).
    The thing is that you need 2 interrupters for the second boss, and they must alternate interrupts. If you do that, you will down him without any trouble.
    Granted they hit the enrage at 25%, I don't think interrupts were the problem. It seems more of a dps check. It helped us when we just stayed in the the missile barrage instead of trying to dodge them and the healer just healing through it for the added dps time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krooner View Post
    I do think The Esseles is a little more overtuned than Black Talon. Mael Prison was the first heroic I did after countless wipes in Esseles. Also, the HM FPs do have significant dps check requirements. They seem a lot easier after a week worth dailies (6 mods, armorings, enhancements and an implant or earpiece). It might be worth considering.

IMO the order is:

Mael Prison
    Taral V
    False Emperor (if you have 2 competent knockbacks)
    The Esseles
    Directive 7
    Battle of Ilum
    Only until the patch, in which they will be adding grenades to the encounter so anyone can do it.

Deleted
    Ironfist was pretty difficult, he does a lot of damage and needs to be interrupted.

The final boss in The False Emperor is fucking stupid. He's piss easy till he's almost dead, then Knockbacks don't work half the time, and not every class has a Knockback. I honestly can't believe that's the way he's intended to die, it's like making a boss in WoW unkillable unless you can CC Undead.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamburger View Post
    Only until the patch, in which they will be adding grenades to the encounter so anyone can do it.
    Oh right, well there you go then. Right as I posted I scrolled up and read. Good to know they're fixing it.

Battle of Ilum will be pretty easy once the nerf to Krel Thak's adds comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiru View Post
    Ironfist was pretty difficult, he does a lot of damage and needs to be interrupted.

The final boss in The False Emperor is fucking stupid. He's piss easy till he's almost dead, then Knockbacks don't work half the time, and not every class has a Knockback. I honestly can't believe that's the way he's intended to die, it's like making a boss in WoW unkillable unless you can CC Undead.

Oh right, well there you go then. Right as I posted I scrolled up and read. Good to know they're fixing it.
    It's still piss easy.... You can only knock him back while he is casting "Foce Lightning" takes 2 knockback around 3 seconds... it's quite simple really! One shadow with the right spec can solo it! Kick knockdown and aoe knockback WIN GAEM

Hrm... I noticed a poster mentioned something about FE and having 2 knockbacks. Well I can assure you that it is possible to finish this fight if you have 2 melee (warriors) in the group.

We did the last boss using a BH, Inq, 2x Warrior - when the boss his the point at which he becomes immune just as he starts his first cast, the BH strafes the edge as if to fall off the side, he grapples the boss, the inq then life grips the Bh and profit. It takes a few times to get the timing down but it is possible to finish this fight without 2 knockbacks.

Deleted
    Maelstrom Prison is by far the easiest. No boss should present a challenge.

Taral V is next, the bonus boss can be semi difficult if you don't take a sentinel for aoe runspeed, and if your dps is poor the last boss can be tight on the enrage if you don't do the bonus quest which disables two of the turrets at the start.

imho Esseles is next, we found this really easy, if you're doing these things enrages shouldn't be an issue, at least in esseles, take a sentinel here for the 2nd boss as they can solo interupt all the headshots (just) so the other dps can tunnel dps on the boss.

False emp next, again no boss should really present a challenge except perhaps HK47, which in my opinion has a tigher enrage than esseles bosses. It's very tactics based though, if you don't know how to deal with the turrets on the bounty hunter boss, the helicopter will kill you. If you don't know how to deal with HK's stealth, he will kill you, if you can't coordiniate knockbacks, you will die. As an added note if you don't have two knockbacks you can actually do this without them by killing him before he gets to the lightning phase. The group I run with is troopertank, wizard healer, sentinel dps and scoundrel dps, none of which have knockbacks except the sage, so we get it to 11% asap, then stop dps and wait for him to start his "focus" mechanic on the last player (as soon as the first warning appears about it you can take him below 10%) and you get the time it takes from the first warning untill the group gets forcechoked, and then the solo phase in the forcechoke to kill him before he goes immune, which is more than enough time. We have even done it with me and the sage's pet (nadia grell) dpsing.

Battle for Ilum is next imo, it will be much lower after the patch. The only 'difficult' boss is the pirate boss that spawns those 4x adds. You can't do any melee "white" damage against it while the adds are spawned which made it difficult for us to aoe them down since the sentinel's cleave ability counts as white damage, which meant that while the boss has the thing up, our sentinel had to just stand there doing nothing. Healing is tight, but not that bad. Just take at least one, preferably two non melee classes and you'll be fine here, none of the other bosses are at all difficult.

Directive 7 is the hardest imo. Bulwark just has a really shitty enrage timer. It's an easy enough boss (tank stands by one panel, raid stacks behind boss by other panel, click panels when green, kill r2d2 adds, kill boss, aoe heal through raid damage) but we've always had it enrage at around 10% and I think we had quite good dps. The enrage doesn't ACTUALLY matter though really so long as you all stack up behind the boss except for the tank. If the shit hits the fan you can just hide in the tubes to the left and right too.

In short, none of them should present any difficulty. If you are struggling to enrages, your dps is just bad. There is no two ways about it. We started them in mostly leveling gear and have not once hit an enrage on any boss in any instance ever except bulwark in d7. If you are struggling for gear, get some pvp gear. It is good. Also get a sentinel, they trivialise many fights.

Deleted
    For Empire:

Currently (with bugs and overtuned bosses), and ommitting D7 as its the only one I haven't yet done:

Easiest
    Black Talon
    False Emperor
    Battle of Ilum - Krel Thak, the second boss is overtuned and is currently far harder than the rest of the instance. Still quite doable with a decent group however.
    Foundry - Revan is bugged and casts almost unsurvivable force lightnings sub 40%. It can still be done with fast interrupts and a bit of luck.
    Boarding Party - Storm Squad is overtuned and currently bugged so that you don't get loot if you wipe.
    Hardest

Theres a huge gulf between Black Talon and the rest - I feel a little sorry for Republic because it seems their equivalent is overtuned in parts whereas BT is doable by quite shit groups.

After fixes/nerfs:

Easiest
    Black Talon
    Foundry
    Battle of Ilum
    False Emperor
    Boarding Party (if SS gets nerfed then this goes between BT and Foundry)
    Hardest
    Last edited by mmoccbf1395d51; 2012-01-16 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zotan View Post
    For Empire:

Currently (with bugs and overtuned bosses), and ommitting D7 as its the only one I haven't yet done:

Easiest
    Black Talon
    False Emperor
    Battle of Ilum - Krel Thak, the second boss is overtuned and is currently far harder than the rest of the instance. Still quite doable with a decent group however.
    Foundry - Revan is bugged and casts almost unsurvivable force lightnings sub 40%. It can still be done with fast interrupts and a bit of luck.
    Boarding Party - Storm Squad is overtuned and currently bugged so that you don't get loot if you wipe.
    Hardest

Theres a huge gulf between Black Talon and the rest - I feel a little sorry for Republic because it seems their equivalent is overtuned in parts whereas BT is doable by quite shit groups.

After fixes/nerfs:

Easiest
    Black Talon
    Foundry
    Battle of Ilum
    False Emperor
    Boarding Party (if SS gets nerfed then this goes between BT and Foundry)
    Hardest
    Lol, the group I do hms with does Ilum and BT regulary. Foundry is bugged, and Boarding is overtuned. Up until their last bosses, they're cake though. False Emp is the only one we've reallyhad trouble with, because of the BH and his ship.

Esseles - easy if you have good interrupters and people that can move instantly - otherwise Iron Fist and the Last boss can be a pain. The trash is all faceroll though.
    Directive 7 - trash is pretty easy overall, one or two packs at most where you might want to CC. Bosses are not that hard, Bulwark is the only one closest to challenging, but once you get it, it's pretty easy.
    False Emperor - Trash is a little bit more annoying and you'll want to CC some times or Line of Sight the big packs of normals and strongs and aoe em down. None of the bosses are anything too difficult, although they are fun.
    Battle for Ilum - Not sure what the boss was called, I believe it was the second one though, summons stealthing adds, the only annoying boss here, again until you know what to do. We all hugged him and as soon as they spawned we did AoE Knockbacks or Stuns - since they're normal mobs, things like sticky grenade or XS Flyby work to CC them too.

I haven't done Taral V or Maelstrom Prison in Hard yet, too busy PvPing :P

The hardest part about any of these instances really is the fact that all of the bosses have enrage timers that increase their damage by 200%, which you can often survive for even a minute more in, but it's RNG, if he decides to cast something nasty after he enrages, it's GG. But don't worry if you do hit enrage timers, it seems they are pretty damn tight for a group geared in the sort of gear you would expect at this level.

esseles is by far the easiest for me at least. we chain pull esseles. cleared teral v first time zero wipes, battle for ilum people keep posting the sniper boss with adds being hard as well as saying aoe the adds? terrible idea if aoe hits the boss. you want your tank to back off and pick them up, the boss shield reflects when the adds are out and he always stuns before he does it. everything has been a cake walk. did false emp and battle for ilum with fresh 50's no problem. last time we wiped in hardmode was to the bounty hunter boss in false emp, ship bugged and wasn't retreating, so we were taking increasing missile damage and still got him to like 20k hp by the time we wiped.

BT is the easiest.
    Directive 7 with a few wipes on Bulwark and on the last, but mostly lack of knowledge of the fight. Pretty doable.

Boarding Party and Foundry are for all intent and purpose "impossible". Bugged and horribly overtuned, with no reward from Boarding Party. Empire essentially has only 4 hardmodes.

Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    BT is the easiest.
    Directive 7 with a few wipes on Bulwark and on the last, but mostly lack of knowledge of the fight. Pretty doable.

Boarding Party and Foundry are for all intent and purpose "impossible". Bugged and horribly overtuned, with no reward from Boarding Party. Empire essentially has only 4 hardmodes.
    the only thing bugged with Boarding Party is that if you wipe on the last boss you get 0 loot .. but the last boss is doable and is one shottable if your group is not bad, this is in no way meant to be a bash or anything but the last boss isnt so hard.
    Thanks Caiti for the Signature and Avatar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osheri View Post
    from what i have read and been told ironfist the second boss in esseles is the hardest boss in hm fps.
    If you know how to interrupt Ironfist is one of the easiest bosses in the game. Everything else he does is meaningless and undertuned. He just has 1 attack that hits like a freight train that must be interrupted every ~10 seconds. His enrage timer is a non-issue if your DPS isn't braindead.

Esseles/BT is the easiest HM.
    Taral V/The False Emperor are probably the next easiest.
    Directive 7 isn't too bad.
    Have not tried Maelstrom Prison yet.