Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Zed View Post
    edit: Damn, Blznsmri (how the hell do you pronounce that?) beat me to it.
    Short for Blazing Samurai, my ranger in GW1.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    snip
    how is that any different from the other classes which also specialize through traits? what i find more limitating if anything is that eles can't switch weapons but i'll still live with it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, let me put it this way. My first introduction to elementalists was WAAAAAAAAAAY back in AD&D 2nd ED. If you played a wizard you could pick up a....damn, forgot what they called it, a kit? Anyway, it changed some things about your class, but you were still basically that core class. So, you want to be a wizard but you like fire? You picked up elementalist and specialized in fire, but you could no longer cast ice spells. Needless to say that is NOT the route I would want ANet to go, but that is where I get this feeling there should be a specialization when you pick up elementalist. None of the D&D systems I have played does it say elementalist and you are good with all the elements. I guess it's a table top thing?

Anyways, it really isn't a big deal, just my opinions and viewpoints.

Thought it'd be pretty obvious that the person who sticks to just 5 skills compaired to the person who can potentially utalise 20 would come out on the bottom

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Well, let me put it this way. My first introduction to elementalists was WAAAAAAAAAAY back in AD&D 2nd ED. If you played a wizard you could pick up a....damn, forgot what they called it, a kit? Anyway, it changed some things about your class, but you were still basically that core class. So, you want to be a wizard but you like fire? You picked up elementalist and specialized in fire, but you could no longer cast ice spells. Needless to say that is NOT the route I would want ANet to go, but that is where I get this feeling there should be a specialization when you pick up elementalist. None of the D&D systems I have played does it say elementalist and you are good with all the elements. I guess it's a table top thing?

Anyways, it really isn't a big deal, just my opinions and viewpoints.
    well it's not really like you can't use ice spells if you specialize in air magic there. until we know (more) about traits, we can't even tell the difference in power it'll make.

I do see where you're coming from.
    I fondly remember old school thinking of "red wizard is fire, green is nature or acid etc, black necro." Agree with what someone said above though...elementalist suggests all elements.
    I guess it does have to come down to RP choice. If you want you can dye your clothes that color, maybe attune a bit more to it...mostly cosmetic though.
    ...also though, this doesn't seem to be against their overall design philosophy. Choosing one would handicap you with the others. This kind of thing would be very much against their design philosophy.
    Last edited by Squirrelbanes; 2012-01-17 at 03:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    its akin to asking the elementalist "which embodies you the most" are you a fiery personality or are you patient like a stone
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    its akin to asking the elementalist "which embodies you the most" are you a fiery personality or are you patient like a stone
    adaptable like water, or carefree as air :P
    I haven't enjoyed myself this much since the sacking of Coruscant!
    -Malgus playing the Mesmer