Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    So... you ignore the actual gaming benchmarks where it wins 2/3 and point to cinebench benchmarks to make your claim... that it's worse for gaming. Makes no sense.
    OP asked for WoW performance, therefore it makes sense to look into heavily CPU dependant benchmarks. Should make sense even to you.

You're also forgetting to take into account that WoW (however poorly) still scales over 2 cores.
    Intel's single core performance is so far higher than AMDs that two very strong cores beats up 4+ mediocre cores in vast majority of games any day, including WoW. That is the whole essence of why AMD is bad on gaming performance today. They optimize processors for multithreading which is complete waste for today's software.

I think to automatically state the 2100 is better simply based on the current status of their other chips would be kinda ignorant.
    The fix/patch for windows thread scheduler will only affect multithread performance of Bulldozers big time, single thread performance should be very close to the release numbers.

Also stating that FX-4100 is better based on hypothetical status after some hypothetical patch instead of current status is even more ignorant. Or wishful thinking. Or whatever. It's not complete disaster, i3-2100 is just better in gaming, plain and simple.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Again, benchmarks state otherwise for gaming, unless you have WoW performance proof otherwise.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Again, benchmarks state otherwise for gaming, unless you have WoW performance proof otherwise.
    FX-8150 (not 4100) vs i3-2100 in gaming. More stupid questions?
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.