Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Swedish government upholds forced sterilisation for transgender people

http://www.lgbt-ep.eu/press-releases...gender-people/
    Yeh... not an incredibly large human rights violation or anything.
    Last edited by nkrzx; 2012-01-16 at 07:51 PM.

Who said the Nazis were made powerless after WW2? They're doing just fine in continental Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    The hell? I haven't heard anything about this in the news over here in Sweden.
    What Mr. Reinfeldt doesn´t what you to know, you dont know :P

But yeah, haven´t heard anything either.

Deleted
    http://blog.qruiser.com/maria.hansson.nielsen

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article13415521.ab
    http://www.aftonbladet.se/ledare/article14205143.ab

10+ Year Old Account
    Feminine. Lordy.

Really didn't know that it was like this in Sweden. Horrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so

For every step a western country takes forward, one of the wests counterparts falls on it's ass.

Funny thing; we can force sterilize transgendered people who have done NOTHING wrong, but we can't force sterilize rapists and the like. You go world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Crowley View Post
    Funny thing; we can force sterilize transgendered people who have done NOTHING wrong, but we can't force sterilize rapists and the like. You go world.
    +1 Tis' a silly world

You're not alone :s
    Spotify - Hardstyle | Hardcore

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow Sweeden, way to go on making America look good for transgender rights.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Wow that's absolutely disgusting, it was not something you would expect from a western nation.

While I particularly find it hard understanding transgender people's views, these people have done absolutely nothing wrong and for some they have no control if they are transgender or not.

I guess that's one way to get them to leave your country.

thats disgusting. whats next, they have to wear a patch on their clothes? rounded up into camps?

Deleted
    I've been reading alot of the online news like aftonbladet and expressen while working and it's been all over the place so you might wanna update your newsflow a litte bit.
    OT: It's sick that we're still living with this kind of close minded goverment running the joint, allthough it's mostly because of one political party in question, not gonna name or shame but not that hard to find who the culprits are.

Deleted
    Amen to that.

While i agree this is a violation of human rights... i would just like to point out...
    Sweden currently requires transgender people to undergo sterilisation before they see their gender officially recognised.
    I read that as: transgenders are only required forced sterilisation to be OFFICIALLY recognised as a sex other then they were born. If they dont care what some piece of paper says... there is no problem (especially as same sex marriage is legal in sweden).

This could be viewed/done as a way to prevent perverts from simply dressing as the opposite sex to gain access to sex restricted areas (wash rooms, locker rooms, ect). To protect law enforcements ability to enforce. To protect other people's rights.
    Last edited by openair; 2012-01-16 at 08:30 PM.

Like it was mentioned in the article Sweden clearly violates the European human rights laws.

Question is, can Sweden be subject to an indictment by the European Court of Human Rights or will this simply slide under the radar as this can't be seen as a big issue?

Quote Originally Posted by openair View Post
    While i agree this is a violation of human rights... i would just like to point out...

I read that as: transgenders are only required forced sterilisation to be OFFICIALLY recognised as a sex other then they were born. If they dont care what some piece of paper says... there is no problem (especially as same sex marriage is legal in sweden).
    for many, the main goal is to "blend in". lars larson the tall hot blonde chick with M on their drivers license is gonna attract some attention.

Actually North Carolina was recently in the news for doing that very thing through the 70's-80's