Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Is GW2 Guaranteed for 2012?

I'm not asking for a release date, and I'm not ignorant, but I wanted to know, as far as we know about where the game is in beta/alpha testing, are we almost guaranteed to have this game at least by Q4 of 2012 or is there still a possibility of it being stretched until 2013? I know what most of you are going to say about the "it'll be out when it's ready" comments, but Im purely referring to realistic guesses based on actual information we have about where the game is development wise.

They have said it will most likely be out this year but not for 100% they have mostly always said "its ready when its ready" It's close to beta though so it will be out this year towards the end Sep/Nov time most likely.

The private closed beta started mid-December, so I can only assume we will be getting it sometime this year.

Not guaranteed, but likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Domiku View Post
    They have said it will most likely be out this year but not for 100% they have mostly always said "its ready when its ready" It's close to beta though so it will be out this year towards the end Sep/Nov time most likely.
    It's in closed beta.

I'd say as close to a guarantee as you can get.

About as close as you can get, it's already entered closed beta and they're planning open beta already.

I'm not gonna say yes...but yes.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    OMG YOU LIED TO US!!!

It will be out this year. If it isn't I will let you kick me in the balls with your mouth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering the Closed Beta started a month ago I'd say it could be expected for Q2 or Q3 of 2012.

No doubt they want a Q4 release, but nothing is for certain. They aren't going to make the mistakes of Blizzard or Bioware. They will release the game when it is actually solid. They know that they will only get one chance to grab people into their game and make it a hit, they won't get the many chances Blizzard has been given. They already have experience with the first GW with how volatile the market can be, so they'll try to release it asap, but not before it can blow the competition out of the water.

The best timing for the release would be before WoW's MoP release (when everybody and their grandma would get bored of 4.3, and still undecided about buying the new expansion).

Edit: But I think that this may be a secondary thing that influences the release date. Bug fixes and game development is first.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

They are all expecting for who is going to release what first, lol.
    D3, GW2, and a few others, not counting single player games though.
    All right, so that last test was seriously disappointing. Apparently, being civil isn't motivating you, so let's try it her way, all right, fatty? Adopted... fatty! Fatty, fatty no parents?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    You just said it twice in one sentence. With Mods like this how can we even guarantee that MMOC will survive till the end of 2012. -shakes head, disappointed-

Deleted
    I'm guessing on a summer release

10+ Year Old Account
    Closed Beta is already in Progress as per last month and is going along smoothly, also there was an Interview with GW2 Designer Angel Leigh McCoy who was asked this

Q:when is the game going to be released? [wink wink]

A: I cannot answer it because I don’t know the answer. What I can tell you is that we’re currently in Closed Beta and planning has begun for an Open Beta. It’s all extremely exciting, and the game is coming along smashingly. It really is like magic when it all starts coming together and you see what an enormous accomplishment you’ve contributed to.

So i would also say Yes, as for when who knows , but definitely this year

Nothing is guaranteed for 2012 in case the world does end:P

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    Closed Beta is already in Progress as per last month and is going along smoothly, also there was an Interview with GW2 Designer Angel Leigh McCoy who was asked this

Q:when is the game going to be released? [wink wink]

A: I cannot answer it because I don’t know the answer. What I can tell you is that we’re currently in Closed Beta and planning has begun for an Open Beta. It’s all extremely exciting, and the game is coming along smashingly. It really is like magic when it all starts coming together and you see what an enormous accomplishment you’ve contributed to.

So i would also say Yes, as for when who knows , but definitely this year
    Just to add a last note: they have stated that open beta will be almost purely for promotional purposes, and that the game will likely be as close to release as possible before the open beta hits. I can't imagine it'll be long now, my prediction of Q2 stands for the moment.

Nothing is guaranteed except for death and taxes.

The chances of a 2012 release for GW2 are pretty good in my opinion.

Realistic guesses? Q3 or Q4 this year. I'm guessing on an open beta before the end of Spring. And I'm hoping that it will be even sooner because I have nothing else to fill my time right now other than catching up on some TV shows I missed due to raiding in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chances are pretty good.
    Nothing is guaranteed.
    It's troubling that they won't commit to 2012.