Addon for Shadow DPS?

Hey guys was just wondering if there is an addon like the ret addon that shows the spell nice and big in the middle of your screen that tells you what would be the next best spell to cast. i know its pathetic to ask but im having a hard ass time doing the dps i should be doing in my gear level (bear in mind its my alt but i still feel i should be up in the 28k range with a 382 pve ilvl with just 2 pieces of pvp gear. shoulders and staff.)

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    i dont use it, but this was on the curse site and at a glance looks like it will work?

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/spellflash-priest

Quote Originally Posted by terrih91 View Post
    Hey guys was just wondering if there is an addon like the ret addon that shows the spell nice and big in the middle of your screen that tells you what would be the next best spell to cast. i know its pathetic to ask but im having a hard ass time doing the dps i should be doing in my gear level (bear in mind its my alt but i still feel i should be up in the 28k range with a 382 pve ilvl with just 2 pieces of pvp gear. shoulders and staff.)
    I found one when setting things up for my feral cat Druid, it's called Ovale and it has a mode for Shadow Priest too (wow[dot]curseforge[dot]com[slash]addons[slash]ovale). The idea of this addon is that it shows you (using two big icons) what your next spell should be.

I tried it on my shadow priest and found it working well. Admittedly my main is Discipline and I suck at DPS, but based on my observation when testing on a dummy, the addon seems to be consistent with the sticky Shadow Priest Guide. A few examples based on my trial:
    - it follows the "spell priority list" as the shadow guide outlines
    - prompts for DOT spell (e.g. VT) refresh based on the timers of all DOTs
    - prompts for shadow fiend, dark angle, and trinket use on cool-down
    - the prompts are dynamic, i.e. certain condition changes before you cast the next spell it recommends, the next spell will be updated accordingly.
    - there is a timer on the "next spell" icon that gives you a heads up how long you need to wait before you cast it (i.e. press the button). of course this is probably more relevant for cat/rogue where the "energy pooling" concept applies.

Anyways, give it a try and I hope you find it useful.

there is another one called Ovale. I tested it on a dummy and the addon seems to be consisitent with the sticky shadow priest guide. Bascially the addon prompts you the next spell you should cast and how soon you should expect to cast it (with a count-down timer, to prepare you for it).
    the address is wow[dot]curseforge[dot]com[slash]addons[slash]ovale

p.s. I replied earlier but the post disappeared - in case it was moderated for breaking certain forum rules, i apologize for re-posting.