Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Patch 1.1 postponed

http://www.swtor.com/blog/january-17...ance-postponed

No downtime tonight, no patch tonight, patch will be released in a few days TBA.

I wonder what these issues were. Oh well, no biggie. Few more days of killing lowbies in warzones is fine with me.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sort of dissapointed. On the other hand, today is my single free day for the next 2 weeks, so I'm glad I'll be able to play.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well, that is unfortunate. Oh well, more time to perfect the patch and more time for people to whine about Star Wars with Zombies.

Wasn't it already delayed since last week, or was that a minor bugfix that was pushed back?
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    Wasn't it already delayed since last week, or was that a minor bugfix that was pushed back?
    Nah, up till just now it was scheduled for today.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, the major patch was supposed to go live today.

Last minor patch also got pushed back a few days yes so that is probably what you are thinking about.

it s good.. i rather this than they launch a patch full with bugs

freaking hell, another few days where i have to deal with level 50s raping my lowbie i'm trying to level via warzones.....this is so tiring, i hate having to rely on having tons of 50s on my team or lose. I hate being carried.

I don't see how they expected to release it tomorrow considering there was no way to test later game content on the ptr without leveling a brand new character.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    What's with the official forums? Now people are creating tons of threads about how they are so upset at Bioware for postponing the patch... I'd rather a delay than a buggy patch, what's with these goons? The official threads are appalling. I thought the WoW official boards were bad, they're like a green fresh summer meadow with flowers and a nice picnic compared to the ToR official boards.

10+ Year Old Account
    quoting somebody from those forums with who i agree pulling a patch after closing hours is kinda "odd".

Quote Originally Posted by aenoria
    This is going to sound extremely harsh so sorry about it.

But lets be reasonable pulling a patch 5 hours before they release it.. thats a no go. Then just dont say when you are going to release a patch. Untill you cant find a single thing wron with it anymore. Or atleast so little wrong with it that a quick hotfix (50 mb or something) can fix it immediately the other day.

If this bug is so "massive" and they finally after 2 weeks of reading the forums just 5 hours before the release discoverd it. They either have horrible PTR testers, or horrible in house testers.. i mean if its true what some people (Even in this thread) say that in beta there where bugs. Thats still have not been solved to this date. I mean why not push this patch out if everything was rushed in the first place. The more bugs the happier right?!.

In all honesty if you delay something in such a short notice. Atleast give us the exact reason not some "vague" we found a "major bug because of help from the community feedback on the ptr forums". Even if this is true why not tell us the exact reason for example: Putting this patch on our servers to update to your game causes your whole pc to explode (yes i know over exaggerating doesnt change my point).

Simply put: Share more information to get a better response from the community otherwise you will get what you have achieved now people who feel cheated.

I dont say it cant be true hell if its true then thank god they didnt put it out yet. But if there is not "legit" reason no to launch this patch now. And people find out that there was no reason you will have alot of unhappy customers.

PS: Also adding more stuff to the current patch to please people is also a bad choise why? : because this for me only will mean the patch was ready (for today with its current features). And not to find a way to delay this patch by adding additional stuff to the current patch. Then this will feel again like cheating the community because you promised patch 1.1 had said features and fixes. And just because with the subscription (which is how it feels now) it was better to delay the patch a few days.

PPS: If they release it tomorrow or in the next 24 hours disregard anything said above.

Sorry for any english mistakes, also dont see this as hating i just find it really odd that they would pull patch 5 hours before release without any clear reason to me atleast why they would do such a thing.

They're gonna learn why Blizz doesn't announce patches.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    A bug can DEFINITELY and VERY EASILY be discovered late in the testing game. I absolutely loathe when people that have no idea how PC games are made talk about the art of making a PC game. Let's say they discover a bug, do you know how long it would take to compile this game to determine if the bug fix even worked?

Deleted
    Bad because i was looking forward to the consumable stacking being rid of and 50's bracket, good because i should hit battlemaster before the patch now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    A bug can DEFINITELY and VERY EASILY be discovered late in the testing game. I absolutely loathe when people that have no idea how PC games are made talk about the art of making a PC game. Let's say they discover a bug, do you know how long it would take to compile this game to determine if the bug fix even worked?
    only in america.
    you have no idea what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by schippie View Post
    quoting somebody from those forums with who i agree pulling a patch after closing hours is kinda "odd".

[url=http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=187068&page=11]
    It's not really that odd, it was probably delayed for technical reasons just as last weeks patch.
    When they started making preperations to bring down the servers and patch something probably went wrong.

The reason they wrote in the announcement is most likely just PR, it brings attention to the PTR and sounds better than "we're having technical issues again just like last week".

Quote Originally Posted by RandomPadawan View Post
    only in america.
    you have no idea what you are talking about.
    Sometimes, bugs are discovered after a patch goes out! It's totally new and shocking!

Seriously...

We all know its a ploy to get people to resubscribe just to experience it, right guys? :P