Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    I don't want to sound like a hater but there's quite a lot of Russians on EU Lord Calypho server, which is a RP-PVP server and they are frequently infesting general chat with their russian talk, ignoring requests to move it to private or speak english.

They really need their own server group.
    Is that on Empire side? Becuase I'm on that server, and don't notice it on Republic.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitare-sp View Post
    Is that on Empire side? Becuase I'm on that server, and don't notice it on Republic.
    Nope, Republic actually. I've been noticing them quite often. Also look out for bad english with "))" instead of ":))" smilies due to their keyboard.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

I don't want to sound like a hater but there's quite a lot of Russians on EU Lord Calypho server, which is a RP-PVP server and they are frequently infesting general chat with their russian talk, ignoring requests to move it to private or speak english.

They really need their own server group.
    Yea, I've seen that gibberish in the general chat. It's not much though, one or two lines every now and then and they go silent the moment no one else responds to them. Truth be told there is a lot of nordic people as well on that server in general. In fact, I think I have randomly run across ten people from Sweden and added them to my friends list by accident.

I haven't done too much PvP yet, but I have heard nothing about there being a russian guild ganking everything in sight on our server at least. The server has a set language which is English, they should respect it or expect to be ignored by anyone not russian. Simple as that.

Out of curiosity, which planets do you see this at on our server and what level range? I mean, one or two lines every two hours is acceptable for me, but if they start filling the chat with gibberish I don't understand when we have a set language then I'll just put them on ignore or something. Not sure if that helps if there's much of it though.
    Last edited by Atelniar; 2012-01-17 at 01:38 PM.
    There is common sense and ignorance. Choose one and accept the consequences.

Nope, Republic actually. I've been noticing them quite often. Also look out for bad english with "))" instead of ")" smilies due to their keyboard.
    I'm pretty sure that they have ":" on their keyboards, look - http://steap.nskpunk.ru/rus_key.png
    Also I know a lot of non-russians that don't use colon just because they are lazy.

Just like you, for example. Why don't you use full version of smilies, like ":-)" ?
    Last edited by traen; 2012-01-17 at 01:42 PM.

Nope, Republic actually. I've been noticing them quite often. Also look out for bad english with "))" instead of ":))" smilies due to their keyboard.
    If you think that russians dont have ' : ' on their keyboards you are so wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    I'm pretty sure that they have ":" on their keyboard, look - http://steap.nskpunk.ru/rus_key.png
    Also I know a lot of non-russians that don't use colon just because they are lazy.

Just like you, for example. Why don't you use full version of smilies, like ":-)" ?
    Didn't you get the memo? Faces do not have noses anymore. They stick out too much and don't give that smooth sensation. (skipping the eyes however is blasphemy!)

It's better to point out that there are people talking gibberish in general that shouldn't, what nation they are is actually irrelevant as it's quite possible that they are not actually russian at all. Same way how the english people think that norwegians are swedes until they hear us say "og" or "och".
    Last edited by Atelniar; 2012-01-17 at 01:45 PM.
    There is common sense and ignorance. Choose one and accept the consequences.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well this turned into a Russian bash thread pretty quickly. Yes it sucks that your server can become overrun by people who do not or refuse to speak the same language as you. Sadly there is no solution besides re-rolling until they give every language their own version.