Deleted

New 'game/ach' idea for Darkmoon Faire

So here's my idea for a fun game which I thought of a while ago but Darkmoon Faire would be the ideal place for it now:

'A place for people to 'practise' their dungeon role.'

However this isn't the main reason for it, and not the reason it occurred to me. Frankly it would be ALOT of fun.

Here's how it works:

You would talk to the Darkmoon game dude and go into the game. There would entrances on 1/2/3/4 sides of the area (depending on what level you were at (not necessarily character level but 'level' within the game/increasing difficulty)). Bad dudes would enter the area and head for either an npc/cardboard cutout/combat dummy/goblin robot dude in order to do nasty things to them, there would be more than one spread around the place (your group).

The aim would be to:
    - As a tank to protect your 'group' members from increasing waves of bad guys coming from different directions and using different abilities.
    - As dps to kill/cc the waves in order to protect your fake tank/healer/whatever
    - As healer to keep your 'group' alive.

It would be accessible to all levels who can enter the faire but obviously higher level characters would have more success, the goal being to progress as far as possible against increasingly difficult odds.

Rewards could be items, but I feel people would try for scaled achievements, to practise their class, to boast about how far they got and for Lolz.

In my mind I see the scenario as deliberately clunky, i.e Goblin/Gnome engineering robots and things in place of clever npcs. It would also be a cool place to put some really funny stuff in like different models etc. (Budd shouting "I'm fiiiiighting!" as per Firelands dailies springs to mind.)

Any thoughts?

PS Apologies if this is the wrong place to put this topic.
    Last edited by mmoc24eabd589c; 2012-01-17 at 05:25 PM.