Deleted

Help with a graphic card problem...

Hello.
    I have a very strange problem. I am a proud owner of a Sapphire Radeon HD 5870 graphics card. It has always worked with out a problem with the drivers provided. I use two monitors (2x BenQ LED GL2240M).
    I while back I got (the bad) idea to upgrade my drivers since I hadnt done that ever. I downloaded the latest drivers from AMD homepage and installed them. After that my first monitor starts to "flicker" (getting strange lines and things like that) and behave strangely when I do things on the second monitor, like moving a window.
    Now comes the strange part. If I uninstall the drivers, both monitors works fine. I even tried to just install the drivers, not the Catalyst Control Center and it works perfectly. As soon as I install the Catalyst Control Center, it doesnt work anymore. My guess is that is a setting of some kind.

I really would like to be able to use the Catalyst Control Center, and I am really really bad at hardware. So my hope is that anyone here that knows more than me at least have an idea about what could be the problem.

For the record, I run Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. I am sure that I have the right drivers. I am no computer noob, and been working with programming several years, it is just the hardware I am not so good at.

Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's either a faulty graphics card, if it's new then I'd RMA it.

You tried different drivers?
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory