View Poll Results: So is it right?

Voters
1012. This poll is closed
  • Yes, it should go to top performers who don't have the item

336 33.20%
  • No, your dumb and should not need of you have it.

608 60.08%
  • Maybe, not sure.

68 6.72%
Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gogetaex View Post
    Because there are upgrades in there for them.
    Read my response to Abandon just a second ago.

To be somewhat fair, the lowest numbers in LFR tend to be the people who are so defiantly ignorant about their class that they pull 12k on Ultraxion. Give them all the loot and maybe they will do 14k? There are underskilled players but there comes a point where it is obvious that a player has never even tried and just presses random buttons.

I'll be hoinest and say part of me is glad that the people who have no business being there and just wasted time out of our lives (which many of you should place a higher value on by the way) don't get rewarded. However, there are people lower than they should be but still trying who are hurt by doing this so for that reason just let the roll decide it.

Quote Originally Posted by airea View Post
    If they're actually good players, what are they doing in LFR in the first place... This is my question.
    4 peice trinkes or their alts my good sir

Deleted
    Well it's not right to alter the loot rolls in a sense, but I also don't feel it's right for underperforming half afking braindead zombies to win items either.

So sometimes I'll check the meters and see if someone pulled good numbers for their gear, and roll on an item to make sure that person gets it if I win it.

I have also rolled on an item just so that a certain player have a lesser chanse of winning it (That DK who refused to stop dpsing tentacles on spine even after people spam /s /raid /y to stop dpsing them.
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2012-01-17 at 05:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhm, it is pretty un-fair compared to the other players and really not the right thing to do.
    It's better than people going in raid chat "Selling tier piece for 5k!" I've seen it, it pisses me off.

You tell me.
    Very simple, some gear in lfr is just as good if not better then most gear when compared to heroic t12.

I'm sure you knew that answer.

That's why some good players still run lfr, because there items won't drop in normal/heroic raids.

Eg 4 piece bonus, trinkets, etc...

Answer good enough for you?

Do me a favor and don't correct my spelling/grammar. I browse this site with a cell phone. Try harder next time to be an ass.

I applaud the OP. Personally I roll need on every piece of gear that pops up that I can roll need on.

As for why I run, well I don't need any loot from LFR but I run it for the VP and because I'd rather do that than the stupid new heroics.

I've been very lucky in LFR, at this point I've won the gloves 5 times. And I never needed them to begin with. If a polite person whispers me and says: Hey, can I have X item, I always give it up to them. If nobody asks I go vendor it for 5g. Now you may call it a douche move but when I see at least 6 people EVERY time who cannot click on heroic will on Ultraxion then I say to hell with you. No, it doesn't kill you but if you are that stupid you can't even spend 2 seconds clicking on a big button on your screen and expecting healers to carry you then you don't deserve loot. Incidentally, I've run DS LFR every week since it came out so we're talking about at least 50 people who can't be arsed to click a button. So to that I say, good job OP. Give it to people who are not idiots.

I will continue to roll need on loot and vendor it or use it for any of my specs (druid so I have lots). I can roll need, I did the boss without being stupid and failing mechanics and while I may not need it, blizz gives me the right to roll and so I will. And if you don't like it, too bad. I've noticed that the people who ALWAYS win rolls are the people that are the worst. Now you may say but the people who are the worst deserve the loot so they can be better! That may be true in a perfect world but the people who are doing the worst are the people that AFK for all the trash. Stand in stupid mechanics and die but can still roll (dying to ice wall the first time it comes out). Or pull 5-10k dps. I'm sorry but I could pull 10k dps in 333 ilevel stuff, the minimum for DS is 378. If you can't do any of that stuff, more shiny better gear isn't going to make you suck less. Learning how to or actually playing will make you suck less. Gear shouldn't go to you period.
    Last edited by NightZero88; 2012-01-17 at 05:13 PM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    And this just goes back to my point of saying that Blizz shouldn't have made LFR a stepping stone to get to normals. They should have divided LFR and normals/heroics very clearly, to prevent your situation from happening.
    Perhaps...but the main way I see that happeneing is that you get a choice...LFR or the Normal/Heroic modes...in any one week.

EJL

Quote Originally Posted by Bright View Post
    i roll on everything i can...cause i need da money...when u got the money u got da epic flying..when u got the epic flying u got da chicks..

and that what i want
    shame u cant trade gold cross server

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    4 peice trinkes or their alts my good sir
    Once again, I think Blizz should've separated LFR from normals and heroics. Making LFR a stepping stone into normals was a bad way of handling it in my opinion.

Read my response to Abandon just a second ago.
    I wouldn't have been against placing LFR on the exact same lockout as normal/heroic, causing the good players never to set foot inside them, and leaving the casuals to enjoy LFR. If this were the case, I would totally agree with you. However, Blizzard did NOT create LFR for that purpose, and you can tell because they did not place them on the same lockout.

Big thanks to Safhira for my Signature!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/llane/Gog…

I basically do the same thing, there are way too many people ungemmed/unenchanted/in pvp gear/kill themselves and go afk even though they get Brez'd or that just auto attack and afk that definitely do not deserve the loot. So if the dice light up I click them, and gives the people that deserve it a better chance. Not that I always pick the top of the meter, but definitely inspect the whoever I pick to get it, and make sure they deserved it.
    Last edited by Mckaguer; 2012-01-17 at 05:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    if YOU don't need it it's a wrong move imo
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

Deleted
    Decent players, sure. But if you're able to do normals/heroics, then you shouldn't be going out of your way to do LFR in the first place. That, or at least not complaining about how loot works there.
    You obviously have no idea of how good some of those trinkets and 4 set bonuses are.

Quote Originally Posted by scdogg44 View Post
    Very simple, some gear in lfr is just as good if not better then most gear when compared to heroic t12.

I'm sure you knew that answer.

That's why some good players still run lfr, because there items won't drop in normal/heroic raids.

Eg 4 piece bonus, trinkets, etc...

Answer good enough for you?
    Yes, thank you, it was. I honestly, didn't know it had that much significance. For the third time, I don't think Blizz should've made LFR a stepping stone into regulars/heroics. They should be their own entity, not something which raiding guilds, or general guilds with raiding teams are forced to do, just to get to the top. It's a painful process, and the players who can complete the more difficult content should be able to enjoy it without having to worry about grinding just to get top gear.

Often I run LFR's with my guild. We're a "casual raiding" guild which means we can't field 25 people. As such we use the LFR to field 12-15 other people. My guild members and I will then roll need on any and all gear we can, even if the player rolling need doesn't need it, to ensure that guild members in attendance who need it have a better chance of getting it. Now we aren't careless. We have a seperate chat channel to co-ordinate the loot. And if no one needs a piece of loot, we won't roll need on it.

I use to feel slightly bad about this practice. That lasted one week. Then I noticed a trend in which people in the LFR would roll need on gear they didn't need, just so they can trade or sell it to other LFR members. Suddenly I don't feel so bad about my guilds practice's any more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumplewinds View Post
    No. I'm always high performing. That doesn't give me more right to loot in a LFR run, for fuck's sake.

And okay, you win. Clearly needing an item you already have is a good way to go about things, /yawn. I might collect 10 of the same item to leave in my bank, in future. Why should I give them to inferior sub-humans who can't DPS more than me, eh?
    Again your missing the point he's able to roll need so therefore he's entitled according to Blizzards loot system I don't really know how else to put it so you understand. I don't think anyone has used the term "sub human" I don't get why all the hate either. My opinion of people that auto attack afk and auto follow in raid finder is that they just shouldn't be there. My opinion of people that are there in pvp/greens or don't have any gems or enchants is they've cheated the system to be there but ofc the system allows it so we as players have to work with the system. Now if I see someone in 378s with some 359s doing their best that's low dps/hps of course they have a right to be there and I hope they win an upgrade they need but that's totally different to a dps that's coming bellow a tank for dps or a healer that's being out healed by a warlock.

Problem is the loot system has no morales that's up to the player base.

Deleted

Maybe they're in full PvP because people like you won't let them get any PvE loot.
    Or...They could just do the twilight heroics which give them 378 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Gogetaex View Post
    I wouldn't have been against placing LFR on the exact same lockout as normal/heroic, causing the good players never to set foot inside them, and leaving the casuals to enjoy LFR. If this were the case, I would totally agree with you. However, Blizzard did NOT create LFR for that purpose, and you can tell because they did not place them on the same lockout.
    Exactly! My point in all of this, is that all of this trouble is Blizzard's fault. If they had put it on the same blackout like they should've, none of this would be happening.

let's say you have a company that makes games for like 16-17 years or so. you have come to a point where you have about 10 million players around the world in your best game, not even counting the all of your games yet. you make maybe billions of dollars, I don't know the real numbers. Yet you still cannot run a few of raids (LFR ones) with your workers in there and come up with something reasonable and you make tons of changes to make it correct and it still fails. Correct me if I'm wrong but it's freaking stupid "not to think about people's behaviour and expect that every player here is well intentioned, will help each other, will not get more than one item per boss."

bottom line: Blizzard, if you want something to work on a specific way, make it so. Do not expect it from players to be done. it's your freaking game, set the limits. And yes, it's damn right to do it. cuz you can do it*

(*): don't come to me "just because you can it doesnt mean you should." crap. pleaseeeeeeeeeee. bleh.
    Last edited by Mavisakal; 2012-01-17 at 05:18 PM. Reason: forgot to answer the question actually.