View Poll Results: So is it right?

Voters
1012. This poll is closed
  • Yes, it should go to top performers who don't have the item

336 33.20%
  • No, your dumb and should not need of you have it.

608 60.08%
  • Maybe, not sure.

68 6.72%
Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sharam View Post
    Well the min ilvl to do LFR is 372, what i hate is people in full pvp gear, or half pvp gear without gems and enchants coming into a pve enviroment and taking loot from those who are wearing pve gear with gems and enchants. Is it fair for those who dont take the time to gem and enchant their gear or even wear pvp gear to get it over those who do take the time to gem and enchant their gear? No its not fair and its an isult to those who do take the time for their toons.
    And this reminded me. Did those people in pvp gear/no gems pull what was needed or was their dps sub par? If you are in full ruthless or things like that yes it has resilience, but at the same time is it better then the pve item they had? a 316 trinket to a 384 (or whatever the honor gear is) is a large upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by airea View Post
    Sorry, meant player skill doesn't always determine your dps*

And yes, that's my point. I'm not saying either did better or worse. In my opinion, they both did their jobs perfectly. What I'm saying is that you can't judge someone's performance based on their DPS. That's my point. Secondary point is, if that were to happen and a token drops, who deserves it more in OP's eyes?
    If I won it and they were both clearly taking part and were not completely AFK for the fight I'd give it to whichever one of them rolled highest after I did. The only reason I roll need on items like these which are not direct upgrades is simply to prevent people who were completely AFK but couldn't be kicked because of ninja pulls, ect from winning.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by velkanius View Post
    Explain the why?
    My guild only runs once a week and we have only managed 6/8 so far, I don't leave my guild because I like them and my time zone has historically made finding guild problematic and various other reasons. So I pug madness on my main and the whole thing on my alt. Yes, I did madness on both of them in a pug with no prior achievement.

I agree with this and wish everyone would do this. Im so tired of losing to people who dont deserve loot. Yes, i say dont deserve loot because if everyone was preforming at their lvl there would be no loot.

Didn't read anywhere close to the entire thread, but to those saying "you're giving the gear to those who don't need it" here's my counterpoint:

If I'm able to go into an LFR for the first time on a character that's in ~365 equipped item level (OS gear or other padding to get to 372) and beat everyone in DPS but, say, three people, then your argument is completely nullified for almost the entire raid group. The reason I do this in the LFRs I do is because you don't NEED good gear at all to do top 5 (or so) damage in an LFR group. If you're not in the top 10 for a fight and you didn't die (or other unforeseen circumstances), it's because you suck. There's no reason you shouldn't be able to do top 10 on every fight in any gear.

tl;dr: Gear is completely unnecessary to do (near) top damage in an LFR group, so by giving it to the highest DPS player that can use it, you're hardly "making the rich richer" at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gogetaex View Post
    Change the poll to also have the response that it's wrong, but I do it anyways because my self-righteous attitude allows it.
    Often the Self-Righteous are wrong. It isn't for you to decide who wins the loot, the game will do that for you. The Role Bonuses ensure that 90% of the time only those who should have a shot, can get it. Then the rest is RNG.

What in your view even makes a good player in LFR? I've seen plenty of people lower on the meters, but actually being more beneficial with tactics, or ensuring raid survival.

Quote Originally Posted by scdogg44 View Post
    Last time I check in 4.1 with an ilvl of 359 you could easily do 18k.

Now you need a min of 372 ilvl and people are still performing worse then that.

Explain this to me please.

So me giving a tier piece to someone do there job? Yeah sure it's wrong no matter how you look at it. But here are your other options you have.

X item goes to a person doing 10k Dps using full pvp gear to cheat the system.

X item goes to person who is going to vendor it.

X item goes to person who will trade it in that raid for another item.

Orrrrrr just maybe, just maybe.... 2% chance it goes to the person who actually deserved it and actually needed it.

^^^ that's the person I'm giving it to.

Hope this clears up my thread.
    x item goes to a person who is new to LFR and doesn't have the best of gear, therefor their dps isnt great.

x item goes to a person who has somewhat decent gear and item is still a big upgrade for them, but they are laggin bad and cannot push out competative dps.

x item goes to someone who can use the item as a upgrade, but this person is doing the best they can, they are still learning their class and what rotation is best to put out more dps.

or need just to give to someone who is doing 50k+ dps. because a small upgrade is better then a large one?

do you not equate dps with performance? only? how about people who have high dps but fail on simple mechanics?

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    If I won it and they were both clearly taking part and were not completely AFK for the fight I'd give it to whichever one of them rolled highest after I did. The only reason I roll need on items like these which are not direct upgrades is simply to prevent people who were completely AFK but couldn't be kicked because of ninja pulls, ect from winning.
    Hm... I'm beginning to see your point. If you TRULY are able to tell exactly how much each person is contributing, then I believe it's acceptable, good on you. Otherwise, don't pretend you can just so you can control the fate of other people's time spent doing something, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Supercoven View Post
    no, if you have it you shouldn't need, end of story. maybe this lower dps person knows what they are doing, but their gear is crap, and they could really use the upgrade? why would you want to give that item to the mage or lock that is doing 55k dps? come on now.. think. theres so many variables. how is the persons gear? how is their dps in accordance to their gear? do they have a good rotation? are they running at 2fps? are they gemmed and enchanted properly, or even at all?
    I'll argue with that. LFR is tuned closer to a 346 ilvl than a 372 ilvl. I guarantee a full group of competent players in 346 gear could get through LFR cleanly. Underperforming in LFR has nothing to do with gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Thornar View Post
    It isn't for you to decide who wins the loot, the game will do that for you. The Role Bonuses ensure that 90% of the time only those who should have a shot, can get it. Then the rest is RNG.
    At the very least, I find it incredibly unlikely that someone would be able to argue with Abandon's last post. Even if you're not giving it to the "highest DPS" you can at least need on it to give it to the next highest roller that isn't an incompetent moron (DPS getting beat by the tanks on Ultraxion...).

do you not equate dps with performance? only? how about people who have high dps but fail on simple mechanics?
    I'd argue that the players that are putting out truly "high DPS" are more likely to be "failing on simple mechanics" because they know that 90% of the mechanics in LFR are harmless and it's more beneficial to the raid as a whole to be smart about when and when not to ignore them.

Not switching to slimes on Yor'sahj is a good example of this. 90% of the groups I run into are able to slaughter the slime far before it reaches the boss. Generally when I'm DPSing I'll watch how the first slime goes, and if it dies reasonably quickly then I'll just stay on the boss (and voids and black adds) the entire fight and only switch to help out when there was obviously a split call for whatever reason. Does this make me bad for ignoring simple mechanics? I sure as hell hope someone doesn't think that or I feel sorry for that person.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2012-01-17 at 06:38 PM.

I do hate when the guy that pulls 7k gets all my tokens lol. So I hope to see you in my LFRs

Since you're asking: No, this is not right. Also I won't be making a selection in your survey since I use "you're" vs. "your" for "you're dumb".

Since the mods require us to keep it civil: I think very strong unkind things about you and suspect that you may be trolling for even asking this question. I sincerely hope I never encounter you on any of my characters in LFR.

Quite simply no. Who are you to decide who has done the best in raid overall anyway? By going over a damage meter? And choosing who you think pulled their weight the most.

Shame on you. And this is the exact reason I stay away from LFR. People will always be dicks, but it doesn't mean you have to follow suit. Be the bigger person. It's not any players responsibilty to dictate loot distribution in an LFR truth be told.

x item goes to a person who is new to LFR and doesn't have the best of gear, therefor their dps isnt great.

x item goes to a person who has somewhat decent gear and item is still a big upgrade for them, but they are laggin bad and cannot push out competative dps.

x item goes to someone who can use the item as a upgrade, but this person is doing the best they can, they are still learning their class and what rotation is best to put out more dps.

or need just to give to someone who is doing 50k+ dps. because a small upgrade is better then a large one?

Where in my post did I say I was giving it to someone doing 50k Dps?

And all 3 of your little "x's" pretty much some up who I'm giving the gear to.

Thanks for clearing that up for everyone.

Do me a favor and don't correct my spelling/grammar. I browse this site with a cell phone. Try harder next time to be an ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoomin View Post
    I do hate when the guy that pulls 7k gets all my tokens lol. So I hope to see you in my LFRs
    I hope so too. So the guy doing 500 dps more than you can have all your loot.

Deleted
    I started with hating people that did like that. Only needed on what i needed, guildies had to roll for their own stuff, even if they shared something i can need on.
    But the way things have been going, it was just not any good. I kept losing to people traiding left and right. So in the end i started doing as them.

Is it wrong? In my eyes, yes.

Then why do i do it?
    Simple, blizzard is apparantly fine with this, im tired of being the "good" guy and losing stuff to people that dont need anything. So instead of continue stir up drama because of it, i kinda fell into doing the same.

The good guys lose, the bad guys win.

And i like winning. So yeah. :s

Quote Originally Posted by sharam View Post
    Gold is very easy to get and if you cant take the time to better your toon outside of dungeons and raids i.e gems/enchants and getting gold you dont deserve loot over someone who does take the time.
    Im sorry im not going to keep all 6 of my 85s fully gemmed and geared when it costs 350g=400g per gem uncut and as long as I dont pull the group down. If i was bottom dps or near I would take the time and gold to gem/enchant. It costs me enough on my druid to keep 4 sets ready and 1k gold to go from tank to cat adds up when i do it 3-4 times a week.

For starters "Top Performers"? What exactly do you want from this thread, validation for being an ass to people who may not have had either the practice in DS or even got enough gear to compete?

If someone, for example, just hit 372, decided to hit up LFR (even if they went and looked up tactics beforehand) and they're 11th/12th on the dps, why should it be up to YOU do determine if the player deserves a piece of loot?

I'm glad I run LFR with my guild, at least then people have a chance, even if they are under-performing, to get loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Greendog View Post
    Quite simply no. Who are you to decide who has done the best in raid overall anyway?
    The person who won the roll, having helped kill the boss like anybody else in the group.

A random roll is a random roll whichever way you slice it. If terribad players want loot they will just have to get lucky with rolls like anybody else. They shouldn't be there hoping there will be better players to both carry them AND hope that they will have the gear and won't roll so that there are less people to roll against.

Quote Originally Posted by Maios View Post
    I hope so too. So the guy doing 500 dps more than you can have all your loot.
    At least the person pulling 500 more dps deserves it and you'll have more incentive to try harder next time.