View Poll Results: So is it right?

Voters
1012. This poll is closed
  • Yes, it should go to top performers who don't have the item

336 33.20%
  • No, your dumb and should not need of you have it.

608 60.08%
  • Maybe, not sure.

68 6.72%
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    justice will be done by you. /salute
    will maybe do the same thing as soon as i don't need the stuff myself anymore...
    people in lfr need on stuff they already have just to annoy other people. large parts of the community tink that is fine.
    well, this is kind of the opposite: actually rewarding the players that carried their weight over those that were carried is a good thing.
    Last edited by mmoc5b54ced6f0; 2012-01-17 at 03:42 PM.

The argument is that in an LFR, pulling your weight means breathing while rolling your face against the keyboard at the same time. The system was designed to let these people experience raiding content. So they are pulling their weight. The people who are doing REAL raiding, and need the trinkets/4p in order to progress further FEEL more entitled to the gear, but in reality are not.
    On the other side of the argument, people say these players will get better with more gear, however when they are not performing any sort of... rotation per say, but merely mashing buttons, and then pushing the pretty lit up buttons, it will make them better by a very... marginal amount. However, in LFR, it is still their right to play, and perform this badly.

I however, understanding all of this, still don't care. I need everything I can, and distribute it accordingly. I don't always give it to whoever is performing the best, but I give it to those who I view as having a competent understanding of their class, even if they're fairly far down on the DPS meters. I give it to those who I feel will actually get something out of the gear, and Scdogg44, don't misunderstand that. What I am doing is in fact wrong, I just do it anyways. We are the wrong people in this argument. What you can argue is WHY you do it, not justify it.

Big thanks to Safhira for my Signature!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/llane/Gog…

Quote Originally Posted by scdogg44 View Post
    On my Mage and hunter who have all tier already and most other gear from raid. I will need on the items I already have.

If I win such item, I will use recount and determine which person I feel deserves it. Obviously I inspect the person first to see if he's gemmed/enchanted as well.

But normally I give it to the best healer/dps.
    Because the guy who's topping the meters in ungemmed gear clearly isn't the best player who deserves the gear. amirite?

If you clearly read my post, I said I inspect the people first.

Secondly there's a ilvl requirement, so if you can't pull those numbers in that ilvl, that means your cheating the system. Pvp wearers I'm looking at you for this.

Obv I'm not giving it to the person in full 397 gear. That would be dumb. I'm talking about people with 3/4 tier, doing a solid job and deserve the item.
    People who deserve the item are the ones that won the roll. The dumb thing to do here is needing because you have this superiority complex thinking you are the one who should determine who should and should not get the loot, as thought the lfr is your guild and your the gfreaking gm,

Secondly there's a ilvl requirement, so if you can't pull those numbers in that ilvl, that means your cheating the system. Pvp wearers I'm looking at you for this.

Obv I'm not giving it to the person in full 397 gear. That would be dumb. I'm talking about people with 3/4 tier, doing a solid job and deserve the item.

Maybe they're in full PvP because people like you won't let them get any PvE loot.

Deleted
    no, your a douche bag of the lowest possible sort for doing this.
    Every person gets one roll, and one roll only.
    it is not for you to say that person A deserves it over Person B who rolled higher than person A but lower than you, because Person A done more DPS. Ever thought that the reason that Person B is in there in the first place is to gear up ?

The sooner blizzard make it so items become SB without Vendor or DE ability the soon Aholes players that do this will stop griefing people.

If you raided for real would you even raid with that person?
    That's your first problem, looking at it like it's a 'real' raid, don't do that.

And no I wouldn't raid with that person in a normal raid, but that's because as a raid leader I'd pick the best people for the job. Are you the raid leader of this group? Why do you get to make these types of decisions. People have said quite rightly why you're wrong to do this.

Why do people think that because they're in RF they get to act like a self-righteous arsehole?

And since when did people forget what fucking need and greed mean!?!? jesus.

I'll re-cap for you:

Need is for when you NEED something.
    Greed is for when you don't need it but you WANT something.

It certainly doesn't mean roll on everything and give it to whoever you deem deserves it most.

10+ Year Old Account

Who the hell are you to decide who deserve's the item, let the system work as intended and quit cheating or start a guild where you can decide who gets what and see how fast people quit raiding with you.

Deleted
    The only people I need for are guild members that I queued with, as they do the same for me. 'Playing God' by choosing who YOU think the gear is suited best for isn't something you should be doing. What gives you the right to determine where loot goes?

Deleted
    This happend to me last night on my Druid, rolled for some sholders lost then my trade box popped up with the sholders I was very happy because it was a nice upgrade but at the end of the day if you sign up for a LFR you should excpect everyone to roll on the items you want then you won't get mad when you lose, just hope there's a nice person going to trade you the item you wanted :-)

Quote Originally Posted by BaP View Post
    Who the hell are you to decide who deserve's the item, let the system work as intended and quit cheating or start a guild where you can decide who gets what and see how fast people quit raiding with you.
    Who the hell are you to decide what he should do with gear he won fair and square?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unifybe View Post
    What gives you the right to determine where loot goes?
    RNG does when it gives the item to me.
    since i dont need it, i give it to someone who does. and because i am not a machine that cannot judge player contribution, i give it to the player that had the biggest part in the raids success.

It's wrong. You should need on items that are upgrades for yourself. Nothing else. That's what "need" stands for. Otherwise you hit greed and do whatever you want with it if you win.

Quote Originally Posted by airea View Post

Maybe they're in full PvP because people like you won't let them get any PvE loot.
    Yes it is my fault there full pvp gear.

No there isn't vendors for loot.

No there isn't new heroics where it's easy to get hear.

I know I'm in the wrong here, but in all honesty just wanted to hear what people said.

I'm going to continue to do it, until the loot system is in fact fixed.

I'm sick of seeing people needing it to trade it. Which is more wrong then what I'm doing.

Sick of people needing it to just sell it.

So what I say is if you can't beat them, join them.

Do me a favor and don't correct my spelling/grammar. I browse this site with a cell phone. Try harder next time to be an ass.

Deleted
    I don't get why people are so much against this, I do it aswell. Maybe it's because you're so narrowminded, and just see "I needed on an item I had already" and cry out what an asshole he is. But it is people like him that is making the LFR a much more enjoyable experience (imo). He needs on an item he doesn't need, and if he wins it, he will give it to someone that deserves it. He's doing so, so that either elitist just needing for vendoring and disenchanting, or bads that have been afk half or the entire fight dont win it. What is wrong with that? It's perfectly fine, and I do it as well. I cringe whenever i see some 4k dps hunter winning something that other people, that are actually doing something for the team, also are rolling on (and they need it).

I don't know about the OP, but I don't necessarily give to the highest dps, as these tend to have good gear as well. I find someone that needs it, where it is a proper upgrade, and if that person has also pulled reasonable dps for his gear, I will trade it to him. I have gotten nothing else but "Thank you, didn't even know nice people existed in here" responses, when I tell them why I needed and why I gave it to them.

Deleted
    While it would be a nice way to do it, but this is LFR loot should be done fair an even for all.

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    Who the hell are you to decide what he should do with gear he won fair and square?
    Oh we are not telling him what to do, but we are just saying it is a douche move. He can do what ever he likes, doesn't mean what he did was douchebaggerifc,

Deleted
    Thats just being dick...

OP: Too many times have i seen a dk pulling 10k on dw get weapons and so on for other classes. It seems that for those that put forth the effort and do well we get less items. So in turn we as a guild run 4 or 5 of the same token in multiple runs to have the advantage no only on tokens but everything in general. er roll need on everything we can and pass it out between the group. if everyone has it we hold on to it until the end of the raid in hopes to trade it. if no one wants to trade it. we use it for offspec as alot of our toons use multiple specs in our regular content. LFR is meant for those who want to try raiding and put forth effort. if you dont then you wont get gear. sorry but theirs raiders that could be trying to replace that last 378 item and the 384 item is bis until they get thier chance in normal.

OP, and any other guild i applaud you for doing the same as we are. theres no worse feeling as loosing an item to a baddie

The OP of this thread and anyone that supports this behavior is of the lowest sort. First of all, how the hell can you determine amongst all those people who has a grasp of there rotation? You are so good at reading DPS meters that you can tell the difference and understand every nuance of each class for each encounter? Give me a break. Secondly, who are you to judge when someone is "pulling" there weight? Maybe they are fairly new to the game and learning things but assbags like yourself think that they shouldn't be there.

In addition, as for the healers, there is no way you can judge them. If you have an low geared healer stuck in with all better geared, this healer is of course not going to shine.

You are an egotistical ass for doing this and so wish Blizzard could hand out bans for this behavior. Typical self entitled brat of the 90's...With a god complex to boot.

Thanks

Keep things civil
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-01-17 at 04:45 PM.