View Poll Results: So is it right?

Voters
1012. This poll is closed
  • Yes, it should go to top performers who don't have the item

336 33.20%
  • No, your dumb and should not need of you have it.

608 60.08%
  • Maybe, not sure.

68 6.72%
Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Here is the end all to this thread:

If you have the option to NEED or GREED an item, REGARDLESS of what it is. If you get the roll bonus for NEEDING on an item. It is LEGAL and ok to do WHATEVER you want with that item, even if you already own one of them.

You can give it to the highest dps, best healing performer, the shittiest dps, the afker. It is YOUR item, and it should not matter wether you have the item or not already. Until blizz changes the "rules" of loot in LFR, this is how it is. You have the right and the ability to DE that item right in the faces of everyone if you so desire. It is YOUR item. Period.

It is my opinion however that the item should go to the TOP performer.

How is this thread still open?
    Very well said.

Do me a favor and don't correct my spelling/grammar. I browse this site with a cell phone. Try harder next time to be an ass.

Quote Originally Posted by scdogg44 View Post
    On my Mage and hunter who have all tier already and most other gear from raid. I will need on the items I already have.

If I win such item, I will use recount and determine which person I feel deserves it. Obviously I inspect the person first to see if he's gemmed/enchanted as well.

But normally I give it to the best healer/dps.
    The system is designed to run as Group loot, so you agree to roll need if you need, greed for gold, and pass if you have no use of the item. If you were to enter a raid and become the master looter, then you can decide who gets the loot.
    As you do not own the LFR loot rules, you have no argument to say that you can need roll on a item to trade it to who ever you feel deserves it most.

In time Blizzard will see this becoming a issue and will do something about it. Because they designed this system for casual players. And they didn't design it to be treated this why by you and other people who do the same.

If you have the option to NEED or GREED an item, REGARDLESS of what it is. If you get the roll bonus for NEEDING on an item. It is LEGAL and ok to do WHATEVER you want with that item, even if you already own one of them.

You can give it to the highest dps, best healing performer, the shittiest dps, the afker. It is YOUR item, and it should not matter wether you have the item or not already. Until blizz changes the "rules" of loot in LFR, this is how it is. You have the right and the ability to DE that item right in the faces of everyone if you so desire. It is YOUR item. Period.

Basically this. This has how the blizzard stance on the system always has been even prior to LFR. If you can roll need and win the item, it is your right to do so for whatever reason you want, and once you have the item in your possession it is your right to do absolutely anything you want with that item.

/thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Its technically wrong, but moraly to me, the thing to do.

The point is they are playing within the rules of the loot system, so they are living and dying by it. Just in a way you don't like, so they should be punished. If Blizzard wants to change the loot system, so be it. RF loot doesn't have to be tradable, they could make it so it can't be vendored or DE'd. If Blizzard did this, then there would be no personal benefit at all from rolling on something you didn't need. They could make more items unique, especially the trinkets and people couldn't roll on them if they already had them. They could spend some time and put programming in place to determine if you had a tier piece for the spec you were playing and remove the +need bonus from those items. If Blizzard adds those criteria to the loot system, then what we're talking about can't occur.

The bigger issue to me is what is Blizzard going to do about AFK'ers? There's probably nothing that can be done. I'd be all for a complex roll system that was capable of rating a players performance and removing the +need if certain criteria weren't met, tho I can't imagine it being possible. As it is, the group is left to sort out the people who are afk or in window mode playing Skyrim and spamming one button every 10 seconds so they don't look afk. The system is so inherently flawed on both sides right now, that I lean towards making sure the people abusing it by not contributing are the ones more likely to be punished. If some mid range players lose on some loot in order to make sure the AFK don't get loot, I call that acceptable loss.

Deleted
    Just because you CAN do something, does not mean its "right", just my opinion tho...

Deleted
    Voted yes as i myself am sick of seeing the roll winners 90% of the time needing to trade for a later boss drop or needing to vendor.

But then again trying to get 24 non-selfish/greedy pixel whores in a raid is as hard as pulling a car by your penis ( do-able sure, but not very often)

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Do you like it when others do it to you and it's something you want/need? So no it's not the right thing to do, yet many people in this game don't do what is right.

Quote Originally Posted by melak View Post
    Need = you will use it cause its better what you have... i thought that was obvious after so many years with this game.
    Clearly you thought wrong. Why should my ability to roll need be taken away when I have participated in the kill as much as anybody else?

There is no reason, other than your greed; you want it, I have it already, so somehow that makes you more important than me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kosic View Post
    The system is designed to run as Group loot, so you agree to roll need if you need, greed for gold, and pass if you have no use of the item. If you were to enter a raid and become the master looter, then you can decide who gets the loot.
    As you do not own the LFR loot rules, you have no argument to say that you can need roll on a item to trade it to who ever you feel deserves it most.

In time Blizzard will see this becoming a issue and will do something about it. Because they designed this system for casual players. And they didn't design it to be treated this why by you and other people who do the same.
    Actually they do. It's on group loot because anyone who participates in an encounter gets equal opportunity on any loot that drops. People passing if it's not an upgrade is only your view of how loot should be handled, and as you so eloquently put it, this isn't master loot. When it gets put on master loot and you're in charge then you can make that decision, but until then we'll continue using the system as it's meant to be used and choosing who gets an item we won using the set loot rules if we don't need it (or vendoring/DEing it if we want).

I wouldn't go so far as to give it to the top performer. I would give it to there person who had rolled the highest and was deserving. So if joe shmoe afk rolled right under me with 180 he wouldn't get it, but mr try hard doing what he can at 175 would get some help

Deleted
    Even thought i would favor me alot i still think it's wrong. You basicly give things to the best geared player that needs the item.

80% in LFR is under the performance they should be, if I win il gave it to who ever cares for their char.

I quitted the game already, but a feral druid won two polearms once, and gave one to me.

So I just needed on anything I could and gave it to someone that deserves it instead of letting the people that already have the item and will dis/sell it to vendor need or need for offspec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larwood View Post
    Clearly you thought wrong. Why should my ability to roll need be taken away when I have participated in the kill as much as anybody else?

There is no reason, other than your greed; you want it, I have it already, so somehow that makes you more important than me.
    cant argue with you, you just dont want to see a fair game i take it...

10+ Year Old Account

I mostly agree with this, however, the tern NEED implies that you intend to use the item. Rolling NEED when you don't is morally wrong, and I don't believe gear should go to the TOP performer, but anyone who is pulling their weight and who has taken the time to understand their class and the fights.

As you said though this is a fault of the system in place and legally you are right, it is still kind of a dick move though, if killing was legal should people just run around killing people all day? Harsh exaggeration but just making a point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is there "No, Keep it" Answer? Because that's what I do.
    "Either you're a noob or a pro. That's life."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Donax View Post
    So he was AFK but following you to platforms?

with just this information I will call you an asshole. Was he not doing anything. Maybe dpsing because the other heals were so damn good. I've done the same on my shaman I go in as healer and the other heals are just WAAAYYYYY op for the fight so I'll switch to dps spec and gear and just blast through it.

Also in your other scenario if he was the only one that needed on it and truly did nothing does it really matter to you at all? No one else has a problem but you have to make sure that no one gets one over on you huh? You are that neighbor that calls the cops and complains because it's 10:01 and you can hear music when you turn your TV off step outside and concentrate.
    He did 0 dps, 0 hps, had full mana the whole time (I am not saying he did 0 when he actually did 800hps. He did 0). And was one of the first to roll on loot. He knew what he was doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frankly, the loot system was not put in place for YOU to decide who is "good enough" to get gear. Really, who are you to judge?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I think its wrong, who are you to determine who needs the item the most, God?

Someone won the 384 belt in LFR and he had the 397 equipped... I mean how much of a douche can you be, THIS HERE
    was exactly how he was justifying it! He then proceded to ask me (378 equipped) if I need it! He did give it to me.
    Imo Blizz should implement a system where you can't roll on an LFR item if you have higher iLevel equipped unless its
    a tier for getting the setbonus or it is an item that is better in general for the class.

by looking at the polls and reply, there is a lot of bad players here lol its reflecting what i was seeing in lfr, glad i quited, but yeah i hope more people will do like the OP