View Poll Results: So is it right?

Voters
1012. This poll is closed
  • Yes, it should go to top performers who don't have the item

336 33.20%
  • No, your dumb and should not need of you have it.

608 60.08%
  • Maybe, not sure.

68 6.72%
Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I actually won a belt of lower ilvl than one I currently had equiped, but upon first glance the stat priority seemed better distributed than my current item, so I rolled need.

Between pulls, when time permitted, I looked over my stat priority score sheet and seen that my current belt was "slightly" better than the one I just received in LFR.

I did exactly opposite of the OP. I looked at my recount and the current gear of all the people who rolled need on the item, and passed the item to the person who actually needed the item the most. IMO, giving the item to someone who already outgears the content is a waste of good gear.

Peace,
    Kir

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    By your first and second sentence, a person can need on an item and give it to someone of his choice and its still fair.
    Um, yeh. That is exactly the point I'm arguing?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melak View Post
    ofcourse you have a less chance of winning if there are more people rolling.. simple logic math perhaps
    On that note, you also have a higher chance of receiving the item if you're a decent player. Rewarding afks, 8k dps and intentional deaths at the start of a fight isn't a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Larwood View Post
    Hello Mr Thinksheknowssomething, kindly direct your attention to the loot table of Warlord Zon'ozz. Look, here it is! Now carefully consider a supremely geared ret paladin on this boss. Let us imagine now that he has a prot offspec, and he needs tier hands for that spec. Hands do not drop, he is sad, but look something he can need did drop!

He is now able to play loot god while still needing something from that boss. My god it's a real effort to be that patronizing, please tell me you understand this basic concept now
    why exactly would a supremely geared ret pally roll on LFR gear. If he is "supremely geared" in ret why would he need some LFR boots. He either needs to be tanking and rolling on tanking gear he DOES need or ignoring everything else that drops.

10+ Year Old Account
    You got too much time in your hands. That's all I will say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because you CAN do something, does not mean its "right", just my opinion tho...
    Dont be telling me that, tell blizzard that.. maybe they'll listen and change the rules to make it "right" in your opinion.

ofcourse you have a less chance of winning if there are more people rolling.. simple logic math perhaps
    There are not more people rolling, the person who already has the item could just as easily also need the item and also be needing it for personal use. It is your greed that makes you look at him and say "he already has the item, therefore his right to roll is forfeit and my chances should be increased."

---------- Post added 2012-01-18 at 05:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    why exactly would a supremely geared ret pally roll on LFR gear. If he is "supremely geared" in ret why would he need some LFR boots.
    It is not your place to ask why he is rolling. He killed the boss, he rolls the loots. That's how it works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing wrong with it. Blizzard never stated anything other than "it's neither harassment NOR ninja'ing to roll on any item the system allows one to." There is no value judgement here on why a person rolls need. If the system allows it, it's fair game.

"It should be understood that if you enter into Dungeon Finder your rolls can go up against the rolls of someone else, regardless if you think you should get preference or not." This one may predate the need+ from LFR but it is still valid. It's not for anyone to decide whether someone else should pass or need. Once it's in your bags, you can do whatever you want with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcatraz_ View Post
    You have no clue what a ninja is do you?
    Yes. Yes, I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Biged781 View Post
    OP, you're a douche, and also a bit slow if you think that recount is the best/only way to judge performance. Who made you the arbitor of loot? Get a life, you're not that important. Really, you're not.

Also, how about learning when to use contractions OP? If you're not smart enough to remember simple grammatical rules than I fail to see why you would think you're in a position to rise above the rest of your raid.
    People like you have no clue.

Recount doesn't just show best Dps/heals.

There is a break down on how much dmg they did to what. Eg madness, some people pad meters just by staying on the arm the whole time. Which you can look at in recount.

Uptime on certain spells eg dots, etc.

As for heals, you can view which is there highest amount of heals.

Also you can look at break downs of dmg taken, eg ultra boss. People who sit there and eat the dmg and not click the button.

Please refrain from name calling and also think before you post.

I don't just go OMG HIGHEST DPS HERE'S YOUR LOOT!?!?!!?!?!?!

Come on, get real.

Do me a favor and don't correct my spelling/grammar. I browse this site with a cell phone. Try harder next time to be an ass.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    Yes. Yes, I have.
    No I'm pretty sure you don't, Whatever you just stated isn't ninja'ing.

Quote Originally Posted by Larwood View Post
    There are not more people rolling, the person who already has the item could just as easily also need the item and also be needing it for personal use. It is your greed that makes you look at him and say "he already has the item, therefore his right to roll is forfeit and my chances should be increased."

---------- Post added 2012-01-18 at 05:14 AM ----------

It is not your place to ask why he is rolling. He killed the boss, he rolls the loots. That's how it works.
    First Off. what possible personal use could someone have for a piece that they already have. and as far as someone rolling on it, regardless of the fact the he killed the boss, there is this little thing called etiquette that some people out there follow and some don't.

15+ Year Old Account
    Too bad "everyone" does this, but I won't need on gear I don't need for either spec. And ofcourse recount says everything...
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

I know you have good intentions doing it, but it's simply wrong. RNG is RNG, and everyone deserves a fair chance at gear, regardless of whether or not they're the best players there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Yes, I have.
    http://us.battle.net/support/en/arti...zzard-s-stance

Yes. Yes, I have.
    A ninja is somebody who lays out loot rules as master looter, and then breaks those rules.

Somebody who rolls need on an item they have every right to roll need on is not a ninja, and in fact ninjaing is categorically impossible under need before greed (and all the other enforced looting systems) because the game will not allow you to roll on something you aren't allowed to roll on... surprisingly.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    keeps new people from getting needed gear, not fair

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the link for proving my point to the guy

Quote Originally Posted by Addmeister View Post
    First Off. what possible personal use could someone have for a piece that they already have.
    I wasn't clear enough. My point was that the person who has the item, may just as easily have been somebody else put into the raid by the queuing system who does need the item for personal use.

etiquette that some people out there follow and some don't
    Etiquette includes putting in a reasonable effort to further the progress of your group. I will happily break an imagined 'loot rule', at no gain to myself, in order to potentially reward those who are not being useless douchebags.

I also agree that it is not fair at all, however, it is not a breach of the rules to need on something that you can need on, regardless of whether or not u already have that particular piece of gear