View Poll Results: So is it right?

Voters
1012. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it should go to top performers who don't have the item

    336 33.20%
  • No, your dumb and should not need of you have it.

    608 60.08%
  • Maybe, not sure.

    68 6.72%
Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ...
22
30
31
32
33
34
... LastLast
  1. #621
    Who are you to be in the position to delegate such loot? What if the loot dispute is between a tank and a healer?What good does recount do then?

  2. #622
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Being abducted by Aliens
    Posts
    866
    nah,

    I think everyone is entitled loot no matter how bad ur dps is...at least for Raid Finder that counts IMO

  3. #623
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    I would love to see a Fraps of your LFR runs where you're constantly in combat the whole run. I've seen plenty of AFKers and semi-AFK slackers kicked from my LFR groups. It's not hard. As soon as you mention someone is AFK in raid chat, people jump on them right away.
    Go do Fall of Deathwing. Now once you're in don't do a thing during boss fights, wait until the timer is nearly up on loot then start the next encounter before rolling. Congratulations you just did exactly what I talking about because there is no trash. It works in the first half in some groups because not everyone enjoys standing around for 5 minutes waiting on loot from the last boss before starting to clear trash.

    Like I said, complete ignorance.

  4. #624
    Quote Originally Posted by Appletini View Post
    Right, except didn't you "put wow down for good" to use your own words from a couple hours ago?

    I never said "need is not an option for you."

    What I said is, if you roll on an item you don't need, no matter what your reasons are, you are decreasing the chances of a legitimate player who needs it winning it.

    Your argument was actually that you rolling wouldn't affect others. It does. How is this so hard to understand?

    Also, why do you give a shit? For someone who espouses how terrible WoW is because of its casualization, you sure seem to care a lot about how its most casual raid system's loot rolling system works.


    Fallacious argument. Your argument there is either John will be there or Ben will be there and there is no difference between them toward the player's chances of winning.

    But that's not the situation here. The situation being addressed here is whether or not John will roll. If he does roll, he hurts the player's chances. If he does not, he does not hurt the player's chances.
    So now I am not allowd to continue to take an interest in a game that I played (on and off) for 7 years even though I quit the game?

    Furthermore the principle does not just apply to this game, it applies to any MMO. Its just we are using the LFR as our particular example here.
    Last edited by Jaylock; 2012-01-17 at 10:56 PM.
    Flaks - My Pally
    LFR = Looking For Redardedentitleddipshits
    To all my fans, thank you for your support over the years. ~sincerely Jaylock
    "The trouble with our liberal friends isn't that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn’t true." - Ronald Reagan

  5. #625
    Quote Originally Posted by Larwood View Post
    You really, really should have finished reading my post before illustraing perfectly one of my criticisms.
    You must be mistaking me for someone else. At no time did I ever argue about the system Blizzard has in place. I'm arguing about social etiquette in MMOs.

  6. #626
    Quote Originally Posted by Akademiks View Post
    Who are you to be in the position to delegate such loot?
    Being the person who participated in the kill and fairly won the random loot roll puts you in the happy position of owning the item, to do with it as you please.

  7. #627
    The Lightbringer Darkfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,267
    As a note, social etiquette in an MMO, whilst present, is not only ever evolving, but never universally agreed upon. There is no standard, universal agreed upon stance for social etiquette. Even if one was agreed upon, no one is bound to obey said social construct.

  8. #628
    I eat hour of twilight so I can eye for an eye procs, does this make me an asshole?

  9. #629
    Quote Originally Posted by Henline View Post
    Go do Fall of Deathwing. Now once you're in don't do a thing during boss fights, wait until the timer is nearly up on loot then start the next encounter before rolling. Congratulations you just did exactly what I talking about because there is no trash. It works in the first half in some groups because not everyone enjoys standing around for 5 minutes waiting on loot from the last boss before starting to clear trash.

    Like I said, complete ignorance.
    Starting an encounter before the group is ready can be considered griefing and reported. Especially in between fights when people leave and join and you're often not at full raid. Wait, was someone else doing this or were you the one doing this?

  10. #630
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    You must be mistaking me for someone else. At no time did I ever argue about the system Blizzard has in place. I'm arguing about social etiquette in MMOs.
    My mistake I think. So what is your solution, to allow the leeches free reign? Does not your social ettiquette apply to them too?

  11. #631
    They should make it so once you own an item you lose your +100 bonus so it's fair -.-'

  12. #632
    It's a very good move. No reason the leechers doing crap DPS should get rewarded.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    When you play a video game, you don't put any "effort" into it at all. You're pushing keys on a keyboard, you're not running a marathon or playing a sport.

  13. #633
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    As a note, social etiquette in an MMO, whilst present, is not only ever evolving, but never universally agreed upon. There is no standard, universal agreed upon stance for social etiquette. Even if one was agreed upon, no one is bound to obey said social construct.
    In every single game with a need/greed roll system, it is considered against social etiquette to roll need on an item you don't need or can't equip. Can you name one game where it isn't this way?

  14. #634
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    And you still fail to acknowledge the point we are making.. you continue to use the failed argument of "you already have the item so need is not an option for you." WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE WHAT I DO WITH THE ITEM I RIGHTFULLY WORKED FOR?? If I helped kill the boss (highest dps on most days) how can you say anything about depriving me of my FAIR AND SQUARE NEED ROLL? It is my choice what I do with that item once i have it in my bags.. including DISENCHANTING IT right in your face if i want. Luckly for you, this isnt the case, this isnt what we are insinuating what is happening here, we are taking the item we RIGHTFULLY won, and giving it to someone we feel pulled their weight. End of story. Period.
    I'll quote you down here so it's more obvious.

    " It is my choice what I do with that item once i have it in my bags.. including DISENCHANTING IT right in your face if i want"

    So, because you are allowed to do something, it's totally OK to do it...right?

  15. #635
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    In every single game with a need/greed roll system, it is considered against social etiquette to roll need on an item you don't need or can't equip. Can you name one game where it isn't this way?
    WoW.

    Prove me wrong.

  16. #636
    I've noticed a lot of people who roll on the lfr stuff who already have the 397 version of the same item are rolling for guildies. I do it. Most of the end game guilds on the server i play on do it as well.

    In the end its 20 some odd strangers who don't care what you or your guild needs, why should we care about their needs/wants. I earned the right to hit need when i helped kill the boss, what i do with my shiney is none of your concern. If i want to pass it off to someone i know who's had terrible luck on the reg version on it and it will help a guild run its my choice. If i want to be the only person hitting need against the guy who afk's every fight just to win said item and shard it so he can't have it is also my choice. Deal with it

    LFR is a tool that serves 2 functions. Letting people without the time/skill see endgame content, and gearing up alts. We're using the system as blizz gave it to us with the rules they gave us. If you don't like it start opening tickets demanding they either scrap it, or break it by making the loot rules overly restrictive or complex.

  17. #637
    Keep playing horde. It's not for you to say who deserves what.

  18. #638
    Quote Originally Posted by Larwood View Post
    WoW.

    Prove me wrong.
    A flood of angry threads on the official forums about people demanding changes to the LFR loot system because people are able to need items they don't need or can't use proves you wrong. Oh, and Blizzard class restricting items to mitigate some of that idiotic needing was greeted warmly by the community because it cut down on idiots needing on stuff they shouldn't even be equipping.

    Next change, fixing people winning double items. Again in response to people angry at the need/greed system being abused(though this is not really the fault the player. Only a dick move if they leave without giving someone else one of the items).
    Last edited by SamR; 2012-01-17 at 11:10 PM.

  19. #639
    Quote Originally Posted by scdogg44 View Post
    On my Mage and hunter who have all tier already and most other gear from raid. I will need on the items I already have.

    If I win such item, I will use recount and determine which person I feel deserves it. Obviously I inspect the person first to see if he's gemmed/enchanted as well.

    But normally I give it to the best healer/dps.

    You are in no position to decide who has "earned" what; its not nor will it ever be your call to make. You know you are being an asshat, and are just looking for like-minded people to tell you its okay probably because you feel some guilt knowing what you are doing is a douchebag thing to do.

  20. #640
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    I would love to see a Fraps of your LFR runs where you're constantly in combat the whole run. I've seen plenty of AFKers and semi-AFK slackers kicked from my LFR groups. It's not hard. As soon as you mention someone is AFK in raid chat, people jump on them right away.
    I was in a LFR raid I think 2 weeks ago where a paladin tank was afk for the trash leading up to the first boss. He came back to one of my guildmates making a sarcastic comment in raid chat about how nice it would be if someone was tanking the trash mobs (the other tank had HORRIBLE threat issues, and a couple DPS had died). He started talking smack about my guildmate and during the loot roll after killing the first boss he realized we had 8 or 9 of us in that LFR raid so he decided to trash talk all of us.

    To help himself to avoid getting kicked, he wouldn't roll on loot so he'd get 5 minutes to get people in position to start clearing trash where he'd chain pull so he still couldn't be votekicked. Healers were yelling in raid chat that they had no mana and the entire raid turned against this tank. Sure, we talked as much trash as the tank but it was hilarious watching him do anything he could to stay in combat long enough to avoid getting votekicked. Finally while we were doing trash for Hagara people had stayed behind because they think loot won't show up in their bags if they move ahead so we had some deaths in that trash. The tank finally stopped for the raid to rez 5-6 people who had died and the tank was votekicked the second we were able to do so.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •