View Poll Results: So is it right?

Voters
1012. This poll is closed
  • Yes, it should go to top performers who don't have the item

336 33.20%
  • No, your dumb and should not need of you have it.

608 60.08%
  • Maybe, not sure.

68 6.72%
Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    It's pretty, self-explanatory.

You have that specific piece of gear already= You don't roll on the same piece again

I'm sorry, how was that hard to understand?
    I'm sorry, I wanted an actual reason. As in, a reason that somebody who kills a boss like anybody else doesn't have the right to roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikkr View Post
    im a 'pvp wearer' warrior and ill have you know i regularly top the dps meters in lfr (its not that hard tbh) unfortunately i am having terrible luck because self entitled asses who have already got better gear keep needing on items. i did wonder why people would do this but now thanks to you i have some idea. I ask you if people like you are taking loot they dont need and handing it to whoever you feel deserves it how am i meant to kit out my toon because you feel that despite me doing more then my share of dps i dont deserve it cause im in PVP gear?
    Because it takes minimal effort to que for a randome heroic and replace that PvP gear with PvE. The valor difference is negligible due to the time it takes. Simply put you are cutting corners and avoiding a step that should be mandantory imo.

What stops you from doing LFG instead of LFR? I would be shocked if the answer wasnt simply 384>378.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larwood View Post
    Ignoring all the other issues for a moment, I would like somebody to answer simply why? for this statement.
    cause if you roll need and dont need it, you really should be rolling greed? Cause if you dont need it, ur just greedy?

Quote Originally Posted by Gouky View Post
    just keep the damn gear. why do you gear all those scrub alts. Raiding should be competitive.

so after every item win "suck on this scrubs"
    I know right! We'll show them! I mean, they have to wait a whole week before they can do that boss again! We'll show those guys!! I'll take my loots to the nearest vendor and get my 30 goldz!

Quote Originally Posted by scdogg44 View Post
    Yes because the loot system is working as intended.

Have you even done a lfr?

Thanks.

Edit: Also people can have a 397 ilvl and still be beaten by a 371, it's called afk, and it happens all the time in lfr.

Please think before you post.

Also it's 372 to que, nice with the 371.
    371 equipped, cheating the queue. Bam, completely irrelevant point you have there
    "The system is not working 100% perfectly, therefor I should make it work even worse" Awesome logic.
    Same skill AND PLAYING TOGETHER. It's a hypothetical situation. I'm sorry, should I also have to explicitly state "with no random disconnects, no lag" and whatever other crap. Two players that are identical other than gear level was the point. Over analyze all you want, you clearly missed the point. Willful ignorance or stupidity?

I'm sorry, I wanted an actual reason. As in, a reason that somebody who kills a boss like anybody else doesn't have the right to roll.
    I guarantee you no one will give you a satisfactory answer to that question and 99% of the people who read it won't understand.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Henline View Post
    That was the point. It takes 0 effort to obtain the proper gear and it's more of a "self-entitled" attitude to expect to get PvE gear when wearing PvP gear than to intentionally pass over those lazy people and give it to players who at least put the minimal effort into running pre-raid content.
    Blame blizzard for making it viable for you to actually do it in pvp gear then. Because you can crush LFR in it, thus surely mister loot god OP would prefer someone who's downing the bosses get the gear rather than the full pve geared "scrub." my opinion as long as the boss goes down I don't care who's clowning around or not.

Deleted
    if you have the gear and stil feel like you SHOULD roll need, you dont understand the so very "difficult" system blizzard implemented, that is two choices =)
    humm... do i need the gear? no wait i already have it then il just roll greed.... cause im greedy. or you can just be an ass and claim you need gear cause you want to have a pair? >.>

It's funny, I would say the total number of pieces I've redistributed so far is about 7, and many of my friends do it as well. The majority in this thread seem to be against the practice, and this is backed up by the poll. Yet, I've never had a single person turn down the trade when I give it to them, and I've never heard of it happen. It's a 2 way street people, if it's such a heinous crime why is everyone involved in it? It's ok when you're the beneficiary?

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is the end all to this thread:

If you have the option to NEED or GREED an item, REGARDLESS of what it is. If you get the roll bonus for NEEDING on an item. It is LEGAL and ok to do WHATEVER you want with that item, even if you already own one of them.

You can give it to the highest dps, best healing performer, the shittiest dps, the afker. It is YOUR item, and it should not matter wether you have the item or not already. Until blizz changes the "rules" of loot in LFR, this is how it is. You have the right and the ability to DE that item right in the faces of everyone if you so desire. It is YOUR item. Period.

It is my opinion however that the item should go to the TOP performer.

How is this thread still open?

No. Who are you to hand out ''justice'', especially based on stuff like recount. You might as well give to the person with most vowels in their name. Do you also give to healers to did the most healing (lol) or tanks who took the least dmg?

Quote Originally Posted by Supercoven View Post
    and how exaclty can you pull your weight when you lack the ilvl? do you just pull less weight, or what exaclty is the weight expected? should a 372 player pull the same dps as someone in 390 or 397 gear?

oh ok so YOU decide the exeption when it's convenient for you. biased and unfair i think. it does depend on the situation. reverse the rolls, what if you are in a raid in low item level gear and you are doing your best, but you only put out 25k dps, or maybe you lag and put out less, whatever the reason is. is it ok for someone of higher dps to given that item you need just because their dps was higher?
    I think I can speak for most of the people that use dps as their reasoning for what they do. If you afk/ make sure you die every fight to afk gtfo. Also with the current system if you are the afker you still get the roll at least with people stepping up to be FAIR to the people that wanted to be there/did that was needed. And the way I look at skill to gear is that gear=maximum potential and skill=how close they come to that max.

On my warlock I pulled 72k on madness if I remember correctly (15% of overall). Now which makes more of that dps skill or gear?

And each person has his own opinion and I believe that if you want gear 20k average would be a min others its just trying. To you it seems you use the excuse my gear is lower so I cant pull my weight that is flatly untrue. if you have a 372 Ilv you can pull 20k in a 25man environment.

I use Simcraft/ Raid bots as my maximum potential and 372 ilv was this (simulationcraft.org/410/Raid_T11_372.htm and raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_DPS/25N/all/14/60/default/). If you have a 372 ilv i expect you can at least pull 80% of what the max is, which with alot of the buffs fights give is more like 60%. Gear does make a difference but with 372 you have the potential to pull your weight if you don't well if this was the real word you be on the street.

Btw if you look at the raid bots the lowest true dps is 21k (I don't count frost. It is viable but only in the right hands. Kinda like Demo in BC.) I would at least hope that you can be near average (btw all dps is account including the people pulling 1dps).

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post
    Blame blizzard for making it viable for you to actually do it in pvp gear then. Because you can crush LFR in it, thus surely mister loot god OP would prefer someone who's downing the bosses get the gear rather than the full pve geared "scrub." my opinion as long as the boss goes down I don't care who's clowning around or not.
    Then blame Blizzard for not winning an RNG roll instead of the "self-entitled assholes" who are using the loot system to ensure that deserving players get gear instead of leechers. My point was simply that you are more of a "self-entitled asshole" for expecting to get PvE gear from PvE content while wearing PvP gear so it was pointless to start calling people names like a child.

This should not only NOT happened, but people should be penalized for doing it. Who died and made you God that you determine who gets what gear? To me this is exactly the same as needing on loot you can't use just so you can vendor it for money. There is a loot system, imperfect as it is, in place and that's what we live and die by.

I tanked LFR yesterday in my poorly geared Feral off-spec and there were always the same 3 mages and DK below me in the DPS meters.... How do you think I felt when they won tier pieces over those who were contributing to the raid and needed the upgrades. I approve of what OP's been doing in order to eliminate the parasites that expect to get carried through the raid.
    Last edited by Aenok; 2012-01-17 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by melak View Post
    if you have the gear and stil feel like you SHOULD roll need, you dont understand the so very "difficult" system blizzard implemented, that is two choices =)
    humm... do i need the gear? no wait i already have it then il just roll greed.... cause im greedy. or you can just be an ass and claim you need gear cause you want to have a pair? >.>
    What is need? You feel you need the upgrade? It's only a game, having an upgrade will not save your life. I 'need' the gear because I can put it to good use. I have earned the right to need it, you may not agree with my intentions for the piece, but that's why everybody has the ability to roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Here is the end all to this thread:

If you have the option to NEED or GREED an item, REGARDLESS of what it is. If you get the roll bonus for NEEDING on an item. It is LEGAL and ok to do WHATEVER you want with that item, even if you already own one of them.

You can give it to the highest dps, best healing performer, the shittiest dps, the afker. It is YOUR item, and it should not matter wether you have the item or not already. Until blizz changes the "rules" of loot in LFR, this is how it is. You have the right and the ability to DE that item right in the faces of everyone if you so desire. It is YOUR item. Period.

It is my opinion however that the item should go to the TOP performer.

How is this thread still open?
    Where do I click the like button?

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot123 View Post
    No. Who are you to hand out ''justice'', especially based on stuff like recount. You might as well give to the person with most vowels in their name.
    If they won the roll then they can do just that. Just because you don't think someone should get a roll on something they participated in just as much (if not more in the case of carrying groups) doesn't mean your view is correct. Blizzard has the ultimate view on these matters and to them, as long as you participated in a fight and can equip the item you deserve it as much as everyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's wrong, yet I've done it, and received loot from someone else doing it. It sure felt good when I was handed a piece of gear when I didn't win a roll, on the other hand if people stopped rolling on things they didn't need I may win more rolls over all. I also don't like when people win gear who have no concept of how the game plays.

Morally though, the loot system is supposed to be an even chance for everyone and any exploit is wrong.

Deleted
    What is need? You feel you need the upgrade? It's only a game, having an upgrade will not save your life. I 'need' the gear because I can put it to good use. I have earned the right to need it, you may not agree with my intentions for the piece, but that's why everybody has the ability to roll.
    Need = you will use it cause its better what you have... i thought that was obvious after so many years with this game.
    Greed = if you have it, cant use it, if you are just greedy and hope to win it for the money or other reasons.

What is so complicated with this?

Sure you can stil roll need in any case, its not bannable by the game rules, but if you want to be a douche =)