View Poll Results: So is it right?

Voters
1012. This poll is closed
  • Yes, it should go to top performers who don't have the item

336 33.20%
  • No, your dumb and should not need of you have it.

608 60.08%
  • Maybe, not sure.

68 6.72%
Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirion View Post
    So some people feel that the Warlock using bane of Agony and Fel flame as filler (doing 10k dps) should recieve loot over the warlock properly following his rotation doing 30k dps? There should be a skill cap to join LFR, and people saying how are people ever going to replace their pvp gear? New dungeons say hello Firelands says hello.
    That's an awfully large strawman you've got there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargas View Post
    You are in no position to decide who has "earned" what; its not nor will it ever be your call to make. You know you are being an asshat, and are just looking for like-minded people to tell you its okay probably because you feel some guilt knowing what you are doing is a douchebag thing to do.
    I would say that the 7k DPS that died to Ice Waves is more of a douchebag by rolling on the item in the first place. If these idiots arn't going to pass when they clearly should be doing, then it's up to players like the OP and me to put things right. I've seen players in full LFR tier, trinkets, DW weapon, everything and they still do not have a clue how to play, it's just the same as vendoring the drops, because those players just aint using em properly.

It's not hard to pull decent DPS or HPS in the gear required for LFR, nor is it hard to research the tank mechanics before joining. If you don't perform I attempt to take the loot from you and give to someone else, got a problem with that? then L2P.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    I would say that the 7k DPS that died to Ice Waves is more of a douchebag by rolling on the item in the first place. If these idiots arn't going to pass when they clearly should be doing, then it's up to players like the OP and me to put things right. I've seen players in full LFR tier, trinkets, DW weapon, everything and they still do not have a clue how to play, it's just the same as vendoring the drops, because those players just aint using em properly.

It's not hard to pull decent DPS or HPS in the gear required for LFR, nor is it hard to research the tank mechanics before joining. If you don't perform I attempt to take the loot from you and give to someone else, got a problem with that? then L2P.
    I agree with everything you have said here.

Also:

Posting in an epic thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    In every single game with a need/greed roll system, it is considered against social etiquette to roll need on an item you don't need or can't equip. Can you name one game where it isn't this way?
    The burden of proof is not on me. I never claimed what was or was not considered social etiquette either. I pointed out that "social etiquette" is a term in flux. As a note, some players simply don't care about social etiquette, or societal norms. Who are you to say differently?

I cite queer theory on my behalf. Who is to say what is or is not right, when the official rules allow both sides to be "correct"? Society? Society as a whole is selfish. Normal means, normal behavior is dictated in such as fashion as to cause comfort, and to erase actions considered "unpleasant". That's often a bad thing. Especially in a game, where these views stifle emergent gameplay.

I prepare for the logical fallacies to roll in.
    Last edited by Darkfriend; 2012-01-17 at 11:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it was the norm, why would there be outrage?

Can you think of about other action in WoW that's in line with social etiquette that's caused so much outrage?
    People are greedy jerks. Whether they want the gear to progress, DE, or vendor, it's still plain greed. Getting that piece of loot isn't going to keep your family from starving.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    People are greedy jerks. Whether they want the gear to progress, DE, or vendor, it's still plain greed. Getting that piece of loot isn't going to keep your family from starving.
    Again, give some reason for why its bad. As well, you really said nothing other then saying everyone is a jerk. State your stance and defend it logically. This is general discussion. Not rants, or general vitriol.

Deleted
    What about the classes that work better for certain fights or are superior in general?

What if an arcane mage got top dps but an unholy dk came second or third with average gear but plays really really good and enjoys his spec, Who would you give it to?
    What if some guy died early in the fight because of slack healers but was cressed later?
    What if someone plays a fire mage but gets really really bad RNG and get's an awful crit rate?
    What if they DC briefly during the fight?
    What if their graphics card crashed but recovered?
    What if some player joined with friends, especially rogues who constantly give him tricks of the trade or power infusions?

LFR is the where people go to be the biggest assholes they can be without punishment.

Imo, let LFR run it's course, if you don't need the item, don't just need to give to someone else. There are too many factors involved why people don't perform as well they would or usually would.

The LFR system is a fantastic addition to the game, it makes it easy to jump into content and relax without committing yourself to a guild/schedule. It's a big part of why I'm subbed, I don't raid normal/heroic in a guild anymore.

However, it seriously needs greater punishment for players who need on random stuff they don't need or a way to vote kick during combat if some guy is afking just for loot.

Starting an encounter before the group is ready can be considered griefing and reported. Especially in between fights when people leave and join and you're often not at full raid. Wait, was someone else doing this or were you the one doing this?
    I've seen it happen a couple times and I've seen other people complain about it (there was a thread on MMOC in the past week about it as well). I try-hard in every group (even LFD/LFR) because that's the type of person I am. Spout your jaded views of me (and others like me) all you like, but at the end of the day we're the only ones discouraging leechers while you ignore the problem at hand in hopes Blizzard will take steps to police the game for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Again, give some reason for why its bad. As well, you really said nothing other then saying everyone is a jerk. State your stance and defend it logically. This is general discussion. Not rants, or general vitriol.
    I'm sorry I can't reply to every person on the internet with a personalized essay. Also, I didn't say it was bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kejinx View Post
    What about the classes that work better for certain fights or are superior in general?

What if an arcane mage got top dps but an unholy dk came second or third with average gear but plays really really good and enjoys his spec, Who would you give it to?
    What if some guy died early in the fight because of slack healers but was cressed later?
    What if someone plays a fire mage but gets really really bad RNG and get's an awful crit rate?
    What if they DC briefly during the fight?
    What if their graphics card crashed but recovered?
    What if some player joined with friends, especially rogues who constantly give him tricks of the trade or power infusions?

LFR is the where people go to be the biggest assholes they can be without punishment.

Imo, let LFR run it's course, if you don't need the item, don't just need to give to someone else. There are too many factors involved why people don't perform as well they would or usually would.

The LFR system is a fantastic addition to the game, it makes it easy to jump into content and relax without committing yourself to a guild/schedule. It's a big part of why I'm subbed, I don't raid normal/heroic in a guild anymore.

However, it seriously needs greater punishment for players who need on random stuff they don't need or a way to vote kick during combat if some guy is afking just for loot.
    Even with all of that, if the person was able to roll on loot, he still had a fair, equal chance to win the original roll between all of the eligible players. If he didn't win, he didn't win.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larwood View Post
    WoW.

Prove me wrong.
    how about the fact that most ppl in this thread voted against this kind of behavior, and also, how many people in here have not argued over your ego logic? But ofcourse you are just going to ignore that cause oh no, you can not be wrong can you ?

Quote Originally Posted by melak View Post
    how about the fact that most ppl in this thread voted against this kind of behavior, and also, how many people in here have not argued over your ego logic? But ofcourse you are just going to ignore that cause oh no, you can not be wrong can you ?
    It wouldn't be the first time the vocal majority was filled with ignorant/misinformed/naive people and it won't be the last.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melak View Post
    Considering it's usually 7-8 decent players in LFR, then of course it makes sense that the majority voting here don't approve of it, they'd never get any gear...

10+ Year Old Account
    On the topic of social etiquette: How about societies where a woman is considered the property of their father until they are married when they become the property of the husband? This is still in practice today. Social etiquette is arbitrary and varies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you get kicked often doing that? People inspect a lot in LFR, you rolled need while having the gear I'd be surprised if someone didn't hit the roof and demand a kick, especially since you're a dime-a-dozen DPS on both characters you pull this with.

B. Your(sic) dumb.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Do you get kicked often doing that? People inspect a lot in LFR, you rolled need while having the gear I'd be surprised if someone didn't hit the roof and demand a kick, especially since you're a dime-a-dozen DPS on both characters you pull this with.
    I've only been confronted once about it, every other time, and when I've seen others do it the rest of the raid doesn't seem to care (with responses like "LOL ITS JUST PIXELS M8!" etc). That's partly why needing to trade, needing to give to others or needing to vendor is on the increase because you can get away with it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Moral questions about needing on gear that you don't actually need for your main spec...
    Could we have some more of these interesting and exciting threads?

When I first went to lfr my first thaught was to only need gear i actually need. Boy that quickly changed because of the people like the original poster now I know its not correct I just need everything even If i dont need..... is it right no? But I cant help it

I need on gear that i do need but i dont use it for myself because its just an alt so i look at recount, inspect and give it to the highest person.
    Last edited by Moltentank19; 2012-01-18 at 12:46 AM.