Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Closing in on first 30 days

So basically in 2 days I'll have completed the first 30 days of SWTOR. Due to time constraints/other obligations I need to limit myself to no more than 2 games, which drives SWTOR out of the equation for the moment.

I think the game is fairly good single-player experience. The ability delay was annoying(YES I HAVE QUEUE SET TO 0.0, thanks for asking), but there are other classes which are not as subject to the delay and things feel OK with those classes.

Graphics were pretty good though I had to turn down shadows when the fancy smoke effects were driving my framerates down to single digits, but otherwise I liked what I saw and didn't expect Skyrim graphics.

In the end I unsubbed for the time being and can see that I'm allowed 2 more days of gameplay before things are shutdown for me.

Any others here liking the game for the most part, but not continuing on for now?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Game is great so far; keeping my sub.

Loving it, subscribing for sure, can't wait to get into operations on Thursday.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Loving the game and subbed for 6 months.

I decided to go the other route and unsubbed from the old game i'd been playing for 5 years. been there, done that.

I really like how quickly bioware is implementing updates and they have promised to keep doing so.

Deleted
    My 30 days are about to end also and I'm not sure I'm going to sub for the second month.
    I had quite a lot of fun but I don't have the urge to play which in my opinion is something necessary for a paying mmo.
    Maybe later I'll resub when the game gets polished some more but right now the pvp is 'meh' at most and pve content gets tedious after weeks of failing in nightmare mode because of bugs in the game...

10+ Year Old Account
    The game is also a great MMO experience to. That's the beauty of swtor, it lets you approach it however you like. Take that to mean I'm subbing for at least another 2-3 months.

Love the game, keeping sub.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

I have no doubt I will keep subbing.

Graphics are well done. I'd like to see the high rez stuff put in but I can live what what I see.

Story is amazing and I've only played one toon. That means there are 7 more stories to see and so far it's great. Any game that can make me even think about levels alts already has my $15 a month especially when it's as engaging as SWTOR.

The game runs smooth and the animations are very well done.

I've had no problems getting groups by simply just asking. Heroic 2+ and Heroic 4 have been fun cause they involve others and have a good bit more story to them than just normal side quests.

I even like the simplistic space combat cause it's fun. Not a massive undertaking but a great side game thats fun.

Sure there are some bug like in all games. Bioware will get to them and fix them just as every MMO has ever done. Nothing so far has been game breaking and I made it from 1-50 and had a blast.
    Last edited by quras; 2012-01-17 at 04:51 PM.

Seems rational enough. Nice to have an "i'm not continuing my sub" thread without the rage and hate that seems par on MMO-C.

That said, what are your two games then? Then we can make informed decisions about whether to "constructively" mock you or not

By the sounds of things, you will be back, perhaps when another game bores you, and a lot of the things that you saw perhaps wrong with TOR will be fixed.

First major patch and how they resolve some pretty big issues will entirely make my decision. I'm not talking about a wish list of features, minor graphic issues or things like getting stuck constantly in what should be clear terrain.

I am talking about stuff like last night's Eternity Vault: having to reset an instance after a wipe b/c we can't zone in...having to reclear a ton of trash because of the reset, having the first person to die when they zone, having a boss up after a previous wipe right where we zone so encounters begin as people are zoning....sorry - those are pretty big bugs that should never have made it to live and if they aren't fixed with the patch then I will be sticking with WoW as my sole MMO until GW2 comes out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Effbee View Post
    Seems rational enough. Nice to have an "i'm not continuing my sub" thread without the rage and hate that seems par on MMO-C.

That said, what are your two games then? Then we can make informed decisions about whether to "constructively" mock you or not

By the sounds of things, you will be back, perhaps when another game bores you, and a lot of the things that you saw perhaps wrong with TOR will be fixed.
    I like what you have written here.

I absoutely love the game, and I will be subbing for 6 months recurring. This game has totally captivated me. I can list reasons why if people really want to know!

Quote Originally Posted by D_K_night View Post

In the end I unsubbed for the time being and can see that I'm allowed 2 more days of gameplay before things are shutdown for me.

Any others here liking the game for the most part, but not continuing on for now?
    Waiting on a usable UI and dual spec.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

I'm subbed for 3 months and loving it, SWTOR is my new home.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've enjoyed it, Having a problem where logging on seems to disconnect my modem though. Tried fresh TOR installs and nothing. Will be upgrading my rig this month so I'll cancel then re-sub on a fresh Windows install to see if it's just a bug with my set up but I'll be keeping once I sort it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    My Wife and I will be keeping our subs for sure. We have thoroughly enjoyed the game so far and have had a very refreshing experience. Its been a nice change of pace for us. I see them being responsive and working hard to fix issues and I am excited to see whats coming down the line soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    I'm subbed for 3 months and loving it, SWTOR is my new home.
    It's good to have a new home

10+ Year Old Account
    The game has been a great experience overall for me. I'm keeping my subscription for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Effbee View Post

The other games are Starcraft 2 and League of Legends.

Big part of it is both games are fairly quick to play, get in and get out. Not to say I'll couldn't just do one mission at a time in SWTOR, then log out when I'm done. I am under some funky mindset that if I'm subscribing to a service, I must take absolute full advantage of it with all resources of time I have.

But I can't do that sooo...

I guess I will but i'm not sure yet.

Personally, i won't be subbing for another month. There are some more bugs I'd like to see worked out before I re-subscribe. Pvp being more of a major issue, it is not near to as "crisp" as it should be; which i have heard they are addressing ASAP. Still not worth my time in comparison to other activities.

On a side note, i may just expect too much out of a new game. I've heard of the controversy with a forced 2011 release and what not, in hind sight i may have waited to buy until i knew it was at a decent state of "polish."

I may be one of the few that agrees with the Blizzard philosophy on game release.
    Last edited by Rukie; 2012-01-17 at 05:09 PM.