Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Loving the game, keeping my sub.
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cakka View Post
    This is complete BS, there were many MMOs WoW had to compete with back, and infact the biggest MMO at the time (Everquest) actually launched it sequel just month or two before WoW.
    Trying not to go off tangent but EQ was highly different monster - wow was the first MMO that appealed to the wider spectrum of gamers, I myself was a FPS player (mohaa, cod etc.) who moved into MMO's after playing the Wow beta. I may be wrong but Wow was the first of its kind in terms of playability and accesibility.. It set the benchmark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bought Standard, played until January 10th, wanted CE, bought CE got another 30 days of gametime. GO ME
    >>This is where I'd put a witty quote for my Signature<<
    IF I HAD ONE

resubbing, hoping bioware will listen to the right playerbase and read tickets, solve issues/bugs - it can only get better really enjoying it
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    You're full of shit honey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didnt sub, got bored at lvl 30. The good story and voiceacting wasnt enough for me, it was the same old quest design over again, kill X, gather Y...yaaawn. Add terrible character customization and clunky gameplay and you got a game only SW fans will love. You would believe Bioware could be a little more creative with all that time and money invested.

Guess I`ll be MMO`less with WoW current poor state, could always be hopeful for GW2 but wont keep my hopes up since SWTOR was such a disappointment. Oh, and before you say I`m probably bored with MMOs, I`m not, I love the genre, I just wish for game designers to think a little more outside the box.

10+ Year Old Account
    I decided to purchase the game a bit later arround the 2nd of this month.
    So i still have a while but i wont resub. Atleast i wont resub for now, with 1.2 comming in march making the whole month of february still a bug fix month (Hopefully!).
    It could be that in march after 1.2 comes out, i decide to give it another chance, depending on if diablo/gw2 are already released.
    If they are then i wont come back or lets say it differently. If Diablo is going to be released in april i wont resub, since i know i will sink most of my time into that game so.

edit reason for not resubbing:

To many bugs that are really getting annoying like doing a class quest 8 times only to find out if i dont pick vette for A .. for B and jaenaa (?) to help me. It simply wont work and bugs out. I like the game and all, even if i still feel the worlds dont feel connected in any way. Add to that the incredible slow loading screens (apparently if you dont install it on a SSD it takes forever). And the current UI problems (including AH etc.)

Simply put.. i guess for ME (so haters go flame yourself) it doesnt feel like an MMO but more like a co-op RPG
    Last edited by schippie; 2012-01-18 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrolepsy View Post
    It's as social as you want it to be, nobody will come flocking to enrich the experience to you, it's a mutual thing.
    WoW is far worse for leveling in my opinion, both socially and gameplay wise. That's just my 2 cents.
    what compounds the feeling that people are playing a single player game is the default location of chat. Many in my guild commented they kept missing out on item give aways. Throw in losing chat during space combat and cut scenes and it really does isolate you.

I mean, I am in a large guild and even we had problems feeling like a guild. If it were not for our vent server most people wouldn't even know when others were online

---------- Post added 2012-01-18 at 08:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyqt View Post
    .... really? Do you WANT this is be WoW with lightsabers in it?

---------- Post added 2012-01-17 at 10:32 PM ----------

Great game, will stay subbed for a LONG time. I like the way the game is going. The community is bounds above WoW's and you don't sit in a city all day. Questing is a blast and PvP games are great with buddies.
    How is what I asked for making it WOW with light sabers?

The UI is atrocious, its window handling is amateurish as best, it tends to bug out requiring the double CTRL-U, GTN is a joke, and it doesn't remember many choices you make in panels as it should. Worse it doesn't support mouse over or other common features of good UIs.

As for dual spec being like WOW, well I guess making a game friendly to play to those of us who don't play the game as a full time job is just odd for some to understand. Having to respec to run OPS/FPS with guild groups get old. I am practically farming money to play.

Some game mechanics must take a back seat to providing an enjoyable experience to a wider audience. Considering that NPCs don't recognize your choice in talents, let alone even your advance class, protests against Dual spec are laughable.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZEROWASHU View Post
    Waiting on a usable UI and dual spec.
    UI is perfectly usable. May not be as you want it to be, but that doesn't make it unusable.

---------- Post added 2012-01-18 at 02:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Draex View Post

I actually see Blizzard and Wow like Apple and the iPhone - they cornered the market, they got everyone sucked into their way of doing things - any phone to come afterwards has had the iPhone to compare with.. Only the best succeed (Blackberry) This is how it is with Wow, they took everything that worked in other MMO's polished it and then developed it for 7 years..Most people I know with an iPhone would never go back to another phone after using it, they may try other ones but they always go back.. It also splits debate with people acknowleding the iPhone is brilliant but hating the parent company.. See any similarities with BW and EA? mmmmm..
    Oh for the love of god. I am so tired of seeing this view and variations of it.

SWTOR is not competing with WoW. It doesn't have to be better, worse or the same as WoW. All it has to do, is be a commercial success in its own right, that keeps players interested and makes money for the developer and publisher.

Do people own PS3's and XBox 360's and manage to buy and play online and downloadable content on both, for a price ? Yes they do. They can both co-exist for people who wish to own both, or indeed exist separately for people that only wish to own one. It doesn't make one any better than the other, it just means there is choice about what you own and play, whether that is objective or subjective choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Draex View Post

Remove the retarded RNG from Champion Bags - seeing my friend who dinged 50 2 days ago with 4 champ pieces in 6 bags and I've got 4 pieces + 9 duplicates from 35+ is just the worst system ever.
    RNG is RNG. Dont like it, dont buy the bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalynfein View Post
    The more posts I read here the more I feel people are spoiled by playing the same mmo for so long.
    People aren't spoiled. People have realistic expectations about what they want from their gameplay. Bioware had plenty of time to add some of kinds of things people expect to have in an MMO, but they either ran out of time or chose not to. Don't get me wrong, I like the game and am planning on continuing to play. But it's absolutely frustrating when some basic features that make life easier or nicer are missing.

My gripes:

- can't resize UI or move elements around

At the very least we should be able to resize the UI so it takes up less screen real estate

- lack of a server based LFG

It's a friggin' nightmare getting a group for anything on my server. I played for quite a while last night and
    as soon as I logged in, listed myself LFG. Crickets. I fact, I didn't see anyone LFG until I was ready to log
    off (about 4 hours of play time).

- WAY too much voice over.

I'm level 21 now. After about 15 levels of listening to ever word of voice over, I had my fill of it. I turned on subtitles
    and now just read the text and spacebar.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to sub for sure. 1.1 came today, new flashpoint, operation, 50 brackets. Next month new flashpoint, new operation, new planet, new warzone, guild banks, and a new planet.

And according to interviews they are going to continue this by month content which means they have the highest content rate of any mmo, faster than rifts 3 month.

I see no reason to not sub, getting more than my moneys worth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blackmore View Post
    People aren't spoiled. People have realistic expectations about what they want from their gameplay. Bioware had plenty of time to add some of kinds of things people expect to have in an MMO, but they either ran out of time or chose not to. Don't get me wrong, I like the game and am planning on continuing to play. But it's absolutely frustrating when some basic features that make life easier or nicer are missing.

My gripes:

- can't resize UI or move elements around

At the very least we should be able to resize the UI so it takes up less screen real estate

- lack of a server based LFG

It's a friggin' nightmare getting a group for anything on my server. I played for quite a while last night and
    as soon as I logged in, listed myself LFG. Crickets. I fact, I didn't see anyone LFG until I was ready to log
    off (about 4 hours of play time).

- WAY too much voice over.

I'm level 21 now. After about 15 levels of listening to ever word of voice over, I had my fill of it. I turned on subtitles
    and now just read the text and spacebar.
    just out of curiosity did you try spamming your own group in general?

Deleted
    I came for PVP, PVP literally sucked, dont have any active sub anymore. BB.

Deleted
    I did like the game at the start but as I continued to play trying out other characters I found the questing boring sure the voice acting and choices spiced it up a little but the quests are just as generic as any other game and as a person who does not care that much for end-game content I am sad to say I will not be continuing my subscription as I know after I level two characters to max(one Republic, one Empire) levelling others will be a dull grind because of the tunnel style questing experience.

ps. I have completed the so called open zones such as Tatooine and Hoth and although they give the impressing that you get to explore a huge zone in reality you are still only going to one area of each zone to do quests then turning in at the next hub it just involves more running on these zones than others because they are bigger.

Deleted
    6 months subbed lol
    Loving it and I can see myself playing for years to come.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drshocktapus View Post
    SNIP
    What i gather from this is, you shouldn't be playing any MMOs, you don't like end game or questing. TEH ****