• I watched it and I care but not gonna change

20 7.75%
  • I watched it and will try to change

5 1.94%

Thread: Veganism

Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikni View Post
    I didnt watch the vid because one of my cousins is vegan and i know the mind set of these people, we have plenty of arguments. Watching her eating sea weed and tofu, when im feasting on a turkey, makes me sad more then anything.
    Not sure why you would feel sad. Turkey is good, but so is seaweed and tofu. I love meat, but I also love veggie dishes. Seaweed is great in a salad, and tofu is fantastic in soups.

veganism can be quite healthy for you. that said, trying to push it as a moral issue is ridiculous imo...

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    SUMMARY:
    Human body is vegetarian. The teeth, the stomach, bowels. You can't digest meat properly as cats for example do. Also you have no tools like claws or sharp teeth to hunt, and no instincts to do so unless you do it for fun.
    You can get all nutrition from different food.
    You get substitutes in taste from vegan food, yes you might lose something probably but to me it's worth it.
    You save lives of the animals. You say "not milking cows hurts them" but they get milked by their calves. There were other stupid arguments think about it.

Watch the whole vid. Recently I've studied many things that could make me a better person. My friends brought this up to me. It opened my eyes.

EDIT: Go to youtube directly, it has links to many language versions.

EDIT 2: Yes he talks kinda' radical. But he has got a point. Please give him a chance.

I have one simple idea for you.

Ecosystem.

Try taking the snakes out of a rat infested area, or the spiders out of a bug infested area.

See what happens.

P.S.

If we are vegetarian, then why do vegetarians have to take supplements to compensate for a lack of protein, vitamins, etc.

Other animals eat other animals, you think that's wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Erekshon View Post
    Made it to 1:10
    I'm trying to watch made it to 2 minutes before wanting to hit him.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    Probably, but I wouldn't want to attempting killing it with a .22
    Well it is a sloth, you could just walk away and take another shot =D

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Stop generalising.
    I went vegan about 3 years ago and never had such a "holier-than-thou"-attitude.

I'm vegan because personally, I think it's the right thing to do.
    No more, no less.
    This exactly. Noone here told you "do it". I shared this video with you coz I find this interesting. You all attacked me with false arguments which make no sense.

Just speaking on this holier than thou thing people seem to be running off of. While I have met a lot of people who make a big deal out of them "saving animals" and to some extent I think things like fur farms are just wasteful and wrong (fake fur looks exactly the same), I also think that it's only natural to eat meat. Vegans can do what they want personally, cause I could care less, but I think it's stupid that my...I guess...passiveness about their beliefs seems to open up the floodgates for the crazy activists.

That said though, out of all the vegans I am friends with (all 3 of em) only one of them is like that, granted that's a small sample size.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Those motherfuckers have lasers for all we know.

Field Marshal
    Here's how I look at it, don't eat meat, cool, don't preach to me about why I shouldn't eat meat. I like my meat!

How I'm going to go eat a nice medium rare steak for dinner tonight.

High Overlord
    "The human body is vegetarian"?? We all have sharp cutting teeth for the same reason that dogs and other carnivores do; to tear into meat. Ruminants like cows do not. We evolved as omnivores, not as vegetarians. This could not be any more wrong.

If people wish to be vegetarian then I wish them well; everyone should control what is put into their own bodies. But to make outlandish claims that sound like plausible science and yet are completely wrong and misleading is where my approval ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Marimba View Post
    Well it is a sloth, you could just walk away and take another shot =D
    6.0 Disc Priest Guide http://i.imgur.com/QbCmDc2l.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Tulune View Post
    Not sure why you would feel sad. Turkey is good, but so is seaweed and tofu. I love meat, but I also love veggie dishes. Seaweed is great in a salad, and tofu is fantastic in soups.
    It was just an euphemism, i just cant stand vegans, its almost like dealing with religious fanatics.

And don't get me wrong, probably 60% of my weekly meals are vegetarian, i love it, and cook loads of tasty veggie dishes, i honestly think tofu is discussing, it has no taste at all its like eating paper.
    “The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church”

-Ferdinand Magellan (1480 – 1521)

After reading a bunch of this, I'm going to now go and eat some meat.

You mind if I sig you for that? I don't even know the context but that made me laugh hysterically.

SUMMARY:
    Human body is vegetarian. The teeth, the stomach, bowels. You can't digest meat properly as cats for example do. Also you have no tools like claws or sharp teeth to hunt, and no instincts to do so unless you do it for fun.
    No.. just good god no. Almost every time I have tried to talk logically to a vegan they spout this crap. Did most of the vegans skip out on biology class.

Humans are omnivores from your incisors down to your intestinal track. As for tools that's why we are considered the apex predator when it comes to intelligence we don't need claws we make them.
    Last edited by Vhoosh; 2012-01-17 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tnep View Post
    After reading a bunch of this, I'm going to now go and eat some meat.
    I'm going to go eat a Triple Baconater from Wendy's.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampox View Post
    You mind if I sig you for that? I don't even know the context but that made me laugh hysterically.
    Go ahead. =P
    6.0 Disc Priest Guide http://i.imgur.com/QbCmDc2l.jpg

Farm with sheep and cows and goats in the mountains = good.

A building with thousands of chicken in tiny cages with no space for living = bad. Althought they are not as smart and sophisticated as humans, they still suffer no matter what.
    Farm with sheep cows and goats in the mountain means more expensive. The "mass produce" farm factory is much cheaper, I'd rather not let the meat price sky rocket.

Mechagnome
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post

P.S.

If we are vegetarian, then why do vegetarians have to take supplements to compensate for a lack of protein, vitamins, etc.

Other animals eat other animals, you think that's wrong?
    I've been a vegetarian for about 8 years now, not using supplements, and I feel fine (a cold right now but that happens to most everyone). Proteins, many vitamins that are suggested, can be had from milk/cheese/eggs, for which it is not necessary to kill other animals (btw I buy those products from organic producers exclusively).

Other animals, as OP said somewhere, don't put heaps of animals in large buildings (that are still too small for the amount of animals housed). It's not (for me) the fact that we eat other animals, it's the way we go too far with keeping them etc.

I have always respected the idea of veganism (I'l never try it myself since I find it useless). But the moment a vegan starts pushing his ideas on me I get angry.

You made a choice, don't force others your ideas. I eat meat because I find it tasty...and yes originaly the human body was made to eat flesh, if you deny that fact you are a lost case already.

Why do people always have to come up with crazy ideas and try to shove them down other people's throats :\

Also, when did not watching an hour of propaganda make someone lazy :\
    Last edited by Brytryne; 2012-01-17 at 08:42 PM.