RF Gurthak vs Season 12 PVP Wep.

Hey all,

So, I hit a dilemma with this decision since the "nerf" to Gurthak for ret Paladins. Yes, the proc is very RNG based, but I can help but think that the CRIT/Stats and more str/top end damage of the S11 PVP Wep makes it superior unless i get lucky on Gurthak Procs.

Yes, I also know that PVP does not belong in PVE, but that is generally the case due to the stat distribution that doesnt seem to be applicable here.

What do you think?
    Last edited by Anduin; 2012-01-17 at 08:45 PM. Reason: BAH, meant season 11 pvp!

Depends on how bad you need the resilience, imagine the proc of the normal Gurth is still 50k on a top notch geared healer.

H Gurth > T2 PvP > Gurth > T1 PvP > LFR Gurth

Considering you have the LFR version, go for the PvP one, higher damage, stats, resilience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veliane View Post
    Depends on how bad you need the resilience, imagine the proc of the normal Gurth is still 50k on a top notch geared healer.

H Gurth > T2 PvP > Gurth > T1 PvP > LFR Gurth

Considering you have the LFR version, go for the PvP one, higher damage, stats, resilience.
    I think he's wondering if it's beter for pve, in which case resil doesn't matter at all.

Edit: Fail typo.
    Last edited by Fredzilla; 2012-01-18 at 02:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredzilla View Post
    I think he's wondering if it's beter for pvp, in which case resil doesn't matter at all.
    What...? Since when does resilience NOT affect PvP "at all"?

Deleted
    pve -> crit+higher base damg on pvp weapon vs tentacle proc for overall dps -> pvp weapon wins

pvp -> crit + higher base damg + resi vs Tentacle procs for a SNARE -> close call it depends if your going solo of have someone to snare for you. if solo tentacle can get you the kill, if friends with snares pvp weapon.

I understood that you needed help picking on you PvE weapon. Gurthalak > Cataclysmic 397 version. The proc is still ok.

In pvp it's all about personal decision.

Now I see you're wondering about using them in PvE the Cataclysmic 397 is better than the LFR Gurth, reforge the crit to mastery should pull ahead 170dps more or less, might aswell use Gurth for PvE with landslide and T1 PvP with a chain for PvP.