Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    There are definitely good and bad things about SWTOR.

I like

1. Questing (for now, it will probably get old when Im on Xth alt, right now have only 2 50s and one on the way)
    2. Space missions (obvious have alot of room for improvement and more than 5-6 generic missions with different planets in the background)
    3. Environment, the planets look great, there are few exceptions like Nar Shaddaa, which is loathed by many, but its different for everyone, I for example love Belsavis and hate Voss, while friends have it the other way .p
    4. Professions
    5. Class differences and resources (heat, force, etc)
    6. Flashpoints are reasonably long, some are pretty fun, it will probably get boring after a while tho

I dont like

1. Major bugs (ability delay as a top one)
    2. Too many, often redundant abilities, abilities that dont work in PvP, even when conditions are met (stun/slow etc)
    3. Too much sharding and phasing, I barely see anyone on the planet, or barely come across a freshly killed boss for bonus Q, because they are usually phased out. Which goes together with...
    4. World PvP. There is barely any. From what I saw thourgh leveling for both Emp (2x50) and Rep (35 so far), the planets are just completely different phases with same layout (Balmorra, Taris), different layout, unaccesible by the other side (Nar Shadda) or questing zones are for 90% different for both sides (Tatooine, Alderaan, possibly others) It might get better around Belsavis and later, but I have yet to see it. I think I saw 5 republic players on Voss during my time there on both Marauder and Merc, together. Funny thing was, two of them (some 50 level trooper healer and his sentinel friend) were actually killing me in the main city (Voss-ka? or whatever is the name) without any guards coming Incoming Medical Droid camping?
    5. Companions. They are nice and everything, but some of them are way too powerful (healers) that others feel redundant. Also, they are used for soloing or doing areas with one friend. anything "endgame" is done without them. PvP, HM Flashpoints, Operations, etc.

What I didnt try for different reasons

1. HM Flashpoints
    2. Warzones
    3. Operations

Yea, basically anything "endgame" I prefer to enjoy stories so far and wait until they get rid of the major bugs and problems, until I start with those.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are actually thinking about buying this game, a trial will not help you. The overwhelming majority of things that are wrong with this game you will not see until much later in the game.
    Players will no longer randomly suffer falling damage.

The game is a lot of fun, my guild of 34 ppl transferred to swtor and are loving it. It's worth a try.

I'd say give the game a try. It's fun! That being said it does have some issues that make it frustrating to play as well.

Things i like!

For my first Character the voice acted quests were just an awesome feature, especially the class quest line ( first Char was a Sith Sorc ) i was glued to the screen as the quest line played out.
    Getting to smash stuff in the face with a Lightsaber !
    Exploring each new planet.
    And overall just the "newness" of the game.

Things i'm not thrilled with.

On my second character and beyond the voice acted quests have had an unexpected result. They created a new Superhero ( Me ) i've transformed into Captain Spacebar ! For me, i feel there should be an option to turn off different levels of the voice acted feature. I feel you should be able to turn off all voice acted quests other than your class and your companions quest lines.
    Loading screens, there are tons of them... everywhere...
    The Ability Delay, its there and its annoying, but while questing/leveling, it is in no ways "gamebreaking"
    Tank threat, again while questing/leveling its a minor issue and can be dealt with, but later on something needs to be done to enhance tank threat
    Tabbing out, i like to tab out and look at quest strats or Datacron info, and when i tab back in my screen is completely black for a few min and slowly the features will start to fill back in and gameplay can resume. Honestly i do not see other people mentioning this issue so it may be unique to me.

All in all its a fun game. I'd say give it a go. I cannot fill you in on End Game if that your goal, i have no max lvl characters.