Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Demios View Post
    no people like you are wrong with mmo's, you criticise those who do the job they are supposed to and do it well?
    You need to learn the distinction between being good at the game, and acting like a total asshat toward people who aren't as good as you (think) you are. The OP is criticising the latter, not the former. Anyone who jumps to the immediate defense of people who act like total pricks in 5H are very likely the exact folks the OP is talking about.

    "The lady doth protest too much, methinks." -- Hamlet, Act II, Sc. III

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Demios View Post
    people shouldn't be in HC's in pvp gear, unless they are in like 397's ...
    Oh how clueless people like these are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demios View Post
    do less than 20k on standard bosses in HoT ...
    You are pulling numbers out of your ass. You want world first achievement for gemming/enchanting/reforging every item you get and never mixing PvP gear in PvE content, on any char?

    Please, just please play with your friends, don't infect LFR/LFD.

  3. #63
    A. LFM BH
    B. inv pls
    A. item lvl?
    B. 372
    A. nothx

    A are the real baddies

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I long since stopped assuming people might be new, and might improve

    there are certainly people like this, but most will stay as bad as they are now, ignore chat, tunnel vision bosses and stand in shit and die, I don't rage at them, but I don't feel any sympathy either
    According to most of people they deserve loot as much as the one that carry them, which makes me so glad I ain't playing this shit game anymore.

  5. #65
    I completely agree with the OP.

    I would rather wipe 15 times in a heroic with someone who is new and trying and making an effort, than run a smooth run with a complete tool who complains about not goin fast enough and if one mistake is made the person who made the mistake is "retarded".

    The state of the WoW community is, for the most part, pathetic of late.

  6. #66
    mmmm...wiping on bosses. Think its what I miss the most from raiding actually. Funny thing being that I killed LK25hc with a pug yesty and it felt WAY more epic than doing Madness on lfr :/. We wiped quite a bit before people started to avoid shadow traps properly, not to mention all the replacing cos people left/had to go. Was more than me shaking from excitement when we finally downed him lol. Those last 10% of his is one of blizzards best end bosses EVER!
    I was Once a Nab
    Then I rolled a Paladin
    Thats when I found out
    that I REALLY was a Nab

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I long since stopped assuming people might be new, and might improve

    there are certainly people like this, but most will stay as bad as they are now, ignore chat, tunnel vision bosses and stand in shit and die, I don't rage at them, but I don't feel any sympathy either
    I generally feel the same way, of course I don't mind people pushing lower dps unless its on a fight like ultraxion who is a dps check.
    People who repeatedly die to hour of twilight however need to be dealt with harshly.

  8. #68
    Scarab Lord foxHeart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Inside Jabu-jabu's Belly
    Posts
    4,191
    These people you described - they have bad attitudes. Doesn't make them bad, it makes them assholes. The people they ridicule? Yeah, they're still bad. You should have at least a vague grasp on the way your character works when you hit 85 (aka after more than 100 hours of play time, realistically).

    You know what I've encountered in the past few days? I encountered a death knight who (no exaggeration) was out-dps'd by my fire elemental on a boss fight...while I was resto. The dk was alive the entire time, was on (if you can really even call it that) the boss the entire time, wasn't stunned/afk/cc'd, and beat my ele's actual damage by something miniscule (5k damage, iirc). However, my fire ele actually had the higher dps between the two. That's truly pathetic.

    Also ran into a "ret" paladin who did 6k dps on Murozond. Yeah, he was in mostly 377 crafted pvp gear with a shield and a brewfest mace.

    Encountered a warrior who was doing 4k dps, then dies on Murozond, releases afterward, then stays in SW the rest of the fight after he gets back to his body. "brb"

    Had the pleasure of running with a pro shadow priest who thought dpsing consisted of nothing but spamming mind spike. She hit mind spike a record of 52 times during azshara, with a mind blast or two to spice things up. She insisted, "um i know how to play my class."

    Ran into a bear druid who called the healer before me "embarrassing", then proceeded to tank Murozond and get completely shit on the entire fight. He didn't pop cd's and he wasn't spec'd into the amor/uncrittable talent, so on top of being shit on, he was also getting crit. Somehow kept him alive, then inspected afterward to see he was gemming with 40 crit gems in his pvp gear. I called him embarrassing and left.

    I don't know where people get off calling assholes "baddies". Perhaps it makes them feel better after they've been berated or made fun of. Maybe then they don't think of themselves as the ones being worthless in-game.

    And you know, just because I gives horribads shit in my heroics doesn't make me less dependable player. I mean, sure, I quit raiding a while back because it lost its appeal to me, but my behavior hasn't changed since I actually did raid consistently. And you know what? When I was in Ulduar/ICC, I ran with a pretty tight 10-man group who pushed themselves and I never called them names or raged on them because I knew they were trying. Because I knew they weren't totally oblivious retards who expected people to carry them. And if we did happen to run into an issue, then guess what we'd do? We'd replace them. Like how on my guild's Algalon attempt, our dk tank was just getting shit on, so we replaced him with a paladin and things went way smoother.

    Some people practically beg to be put down. They're so totally ignorant and careless that it's difficult to not comment. If you have the willpower to not insult the garbage you run into during your lfd travels, that's fine, you're the better man. But that doesn't make you the better player. Don't kid yourself.
    Last edited by foxHeart; 2012-01-18 at 06:21 PM.

  9. #69
    Grunt
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Kelownafornia
    Posts
    19
    Very well said OP

    ---------- Post added 2012-01-18 at 10:28 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Some people practically beg to be put down. They're so totally ignorant and careless that it's difficult to not comment. If you have the willpower to not insult the garbage you run into during your lfd travels, that's fine, you're the better man. But that doesn't make you the better player. Don't kid yourself.
    The whole point the OP was trying to get across I think is that there is no reason for this type of garbage to go on. If it is quite obvious that someone doesn't really know what they are doing, the community that does know what they are doing should try to help them to understand rather than berating them ceaselessly for the sake of your own rage. Raging is 100% unproductive to everyone.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by KaziOfTheSkies View Post
    mmmm...wiping on bosses. Think its what I miss the most from raiding actually. Funny thing being that I killed LK25hc with a pug yesty and it felt WAY more epic than doing Madness on lfr :/. We wiped quite a bit before people started to avoid shadow traps properly, not to mention all the replacing cos people left/had to go. Was more than me shaking from excitement when we finally downed him lol. Those last 10% of his is one of blizzards best end bosses EVER!
    It still happens.
    Just don't go to LFR for a progression experience. Blizzard has said repeatedly its oriented towards the weaker end of the spectrum, and I'm fine with that.
    I am not a racist, I am a melting pot of friendship
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Bows were made for tools of war. They go in the same pot as guns. There is ZERO reason to own a bow in 2014. Tools of war have no place in civilian homes.

  11. #71
    I have to disagree with this post 100%. At this point in the game not even fresh 85s have an excuse to be so terrible that they can't easily finish 5mans. No one should have to suffer that complete waste of time.

  12. #72
    Scarab Lord foxHeart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Inside Jabu-jabu's Belly
    Posts
    4,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Addmeister View Post
    Very well said OP

    ---------- Post added 2012-01-18 at 10:28 AM ----------



    The whole point the OP was trying to get across I think is that there is no reason for this type of garbage to go on. If it is quite obvious that someone doesn't really know what they are doing, the community that does know what they are doing should try to help them to understand rather than berating them ceaselessly for the sake of your own rage. Raging is 100% unproductive to everyone.
    Everyone starts out an clueless nub. Some people stay that way.

    If people simply do not care about improving themselves, they won't grow. If they don't care about figuring out how to play their class, they'll continue to play poorly. If they lack the curiosity or desire to find ways to better themselves, they'll stagnate and remain mediocre. If someone is obstinately terrible by their own choice, nothing you or me or anyone else can say will help them because it's all in their hands. I can talk til I'm blue in the face and give exhaustive advice to every single terrible I encounter, but nothing I can say can make them better...only the willingness to apply that knowledge on their end can do that, which is exactly why they are horrible in the first place. They simply do. not. care. I refuse to waste my time holding peoples' hands and being patient and being the mother theresa of lfd by essentially pleading to people who do not express any desire to do anything but remain in a rut of mediocrity. They obviously think looking for ways to improve is a waste of time. Is it wrong for me to believe the same for trying to baby and coddle them? Forgive my lack of sympathy.

    And you know, I don't expect everyone to be amazing. I don't expect 20k (not at all amazing, btw) on every fight and most of the time if I'm in a mediocre group, I don't really care unless there's an elephant in the room. We're getting shit done? Yes? We're not wiping? Yes? I'm content. However, when it comes to people doing 5k dps because they're using the wrong gems, wrong spec, wrong gear, wrong reforges, and wrong rotation, that irks me and I'll vtk them every time if I can. It's an insult to carry people who play at such a completely abysmal level.

    Being absolutely worthless in game where people depend on you to do your job is 100% unproductive to everyone.
    Last edited by foxHeart; 2012-01-18 at 06:58 PM.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    I have to disagree with this post 100%. At this point in the game not even fresh 85s have an excuse to be so terrible that they can't easily finish 5mans. No one should have to suffer that complete waste of time.
    Yeah I mean fuck players and their lives man, they should have 100% undivided attention on the 5man at hand instead of you know, living and coping perhaps with a family or other shit that gets in the way of our Valour cap. Who has time for work and family nowdays anyway? Pah. It's not like the 5mans are difficult, I mean I saw a whole bunch of tanks who didn't know what to do when the last patch was released. LEARN YOUR SHIT OR DON'T PLAY. They should like go and play on the PTR or something so they know what to do before they tank randoms. What idiots. They could at least read up on the boss fights instead of asking everyone. Why socialize and learn when you could be killing bosses for their loot? What a waste of time. I saw a guy the other day who forgot to cast bloodlust. What an asshole. He was probably tired or some shit. I don't care L2p I kicked him.

    Where are my noobslaves? CLEAN MY EPICS!
    Last edited by sarethen; 2012-01-18 at 07:00 PM.

  14. #74
    Agreed. The people like that are the reason why I will never raid, or do heroics, or group with people leveling, or join a big guild, or ask in trade for an arena partner, etc. I know I am a good player at what I do, and nobody really gives me a hard time in game because of that, but it still sickens me when I see it happen to others. I will never understand why people act like pricks on the internet. Not once have I ever had any inclination to act any differently toward someone than I would in real life. And if those people really do act like that in life, then they need to take a serious beating. Elitist attitudes and trolls are what ruin the community of every game and website, and the fact that there are progressively more and more of them is making me want to revert to single player games.
    Last edited by Itisamuh; 2012-01-18 at 07:05 PM.

  15. #75
    Over 9000! Gheld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    9,624
    I would have to agree with the OP that one player with a bad attitude can completely derail things, no matter how good they actually are.

    Like back when I was a raid leader I had this healer, and he was a great healer, but he was a teenager with attitude and he constantly had vent filled with vitriol. As soon as I booted him from the team we started making real progress again; why? Because people weren't missing important auditory ques and we were able to have fully constructive discussions after every wipe.

  16. #76
    the worst baddies are people who unironically use the word baddie

  17. #77
    The Patient Lighthawk45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southwest England
    Posts
    331
    i try to help * BADDIES * that have gemmed str ect if u know what i mean ( people with low dps ) the only problem that utterly makes me facepalm / feel sad is that they
    do not take any notice and reply with bad attitude in my opinion though both people are in the wrong if u are constantly rageing that people that arent so good as the
    game and * newbs * aswell

  18. #78
    It isn't that we wiped or we are slow that pisses me off. It is why we are wiping and why we are slow that makes my blood boil at times. If you choose to queue without knowing what is going on with the content or your class than you shouldn't expect someone to not rage on you. If you can't pull decent numbers for your gear and refuse to practice on a dummy till you can....than you shouldn't expect someone to not rage on you. Yes their are a lot of dicks in this game, but it isn't exactly unjustified.

    I have gotten to the point that I only queue for what I need on my main and move on. I have no motivation to gear up alts just to deal with the lazy player base day in and day out, because they are causing it to take significantly longer than it should take. I farm what I need...watch the videos I need.....and try to keep up with the latest about my class for raiding only and the rest of the time I don't bother logging on.
    FFXIV:ARR EXCALIBUR Drg (Dude where's my Wyvern?)
    Miriya Garisk 116 Pld/War Tank 113 Pld Dps 106 Drg
    Vamperica Garisk 109 Blm
    Retired from WoW

  19. #79
    People in TOP guilds never moan in my experience. Theyre usually running with 1 or more guildies and you basically get a speedy clear. Hell, you might even get a compliment if youre decent. People who think theyre in top guilds might be a different matter...

    Real 'pros' let their game do the talking.

  20. #80
    I have to say I agree with the OP. This game is not an easy one to figure out for a new player, and external resources are unofficial. So are addons. This means new players generally come up with their own playstyles as they make their way up the ladder, and by 85, depending on what they've been doing that whole time, they might be wearing gear that they liked the look of or had high numbers on it, and didn't necessarily know which numbers ought to be high. They might do nothing but autoattack because that's all they needed to do to make mobs die out in the world. I saw a 40-ish mage one time who did nothing but hit things with his staff, because he wanted to save his mana up in the event that he got swarmed by mobs.

    The assumption of the elitist douchebag is that people like this are either stupid or willfully ignorant - "baddies" for short. This is not necessarily the case. They simply don't know any better at the moment, and the game itself is a poor teacher. With guidance, they could take to the game like ducks to water - but often they aren't given the chance. Getting yelled at while they're leveling because they pull inferior numbers does nothing but make them clam up about their inexperience, and when they get to max level they remain afraid to ask what to do in a given situation for fear of being arbitrarily booted from a group.

    And so, I have to amend the OP's definition by saying that "baddie" should be properly defined as anyone who reacts with outright hostility to either A) another player doing whatever it is they're doing or B) to polite suggestions on how to improve themselves. As for which ones are more annoying and damaging to the cohesion of the group in a dungeon/raid, the 'A' variant takes that particular cake every time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •